Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

kilburn wrote: »
    Wheres that place?

Where Brimestone used to be across the road from jury's / Limerick city hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

callaway92 wrote: »
    Had lunch in Establishment this week for the first time. Was absolutely rank

I just can't take this place seriously with that name, it's like they just rebranded into a poor imitation of House :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

le_girl wrote: »
    I just can't take this place seriously with that name, it's like they just rebranded into a poor imitation of House :rolleyes:

That's exactly it. They've even had one of the house djs too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So nothing has changed from Brimstone then?

Always but absolutely awful food at high end prices

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

can i ask in what way was it rank? I have reservation there for lunch next wk and am wondering now if i should cancel?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Once again the thread is derailed. Now we'll have a Tripadvisor style commentary on "The Establishment" for the next 10 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Rift Coffee has started to do late night opening hours. Went in there last night and was fab. Really nice, relaxed ambience and the wine was actually too good (2 glasses on a school night is not good for Panda!) Is great to see a place like this opened in the evening as aside from Souths and Bobbys there really isn't any nice place to meet at that end of town in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

A Mod recently opened a thread for discussions about cafes food and coffee. Why not use it and leave this thread for what it was set up for.

mart 23 wrote: »
    A Mod recently opened a thread for discussions about cafes food and coffee. Why not use it and leave this thread for what it was set up for.

Apologies, the stickied restaurant thread doesn't show up on my app. And this was sorta opening as it's extended it's opening hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

panda100 wrote: »
    Apologies, the stickied restaurant thread doesn't show up on my app. And this was sorta opening as it's extended it's opening hours!

The thread is not a sticky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mart 23 wrote: »

If it needs to be moved it will be moved by the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yogalady wrote: »
    can i ask in what way was it rank? I have reservation there for lunch next wk and am wondering now if i should cancel?

thanks

4 of us ate there.

I got the bang-bang chicken and got rice with it.

Rice was sticky and even slightly hard.

Chicken was completely cremated and completely dry..

In comparison to Savoy/Hamptons it’s night and day

One other got the same as me.. said the same.. honestly, I would’ve been pissed off with myself if it was me that cooked it.

Can’t remember what the others got but they were of similar opinions. Really disappointed with the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Why is Limerick the only city in the country without an Xmas market & Ferris wheel - was in Cork & Galway last couple of weeks & both were buzzing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Why is Limerick the only city in the country without an Xmas market & Ferris wheel - was in Cork & Galway last couple of weeks & both were buzzing

Not really sure what that has to do with business opening, but Limerick isn't the only city without a ferris wheel. The only place in the city center you could locate a Ferris wheel is Arthurs Quay Park and that's already in use for the Ice Rink.

As for a market, Cruises Street Christmas Markets are on everyday from Sunday 16th December to Christmas Eve. The Milk Market will also have extra days. https://christmas.limerick.ie/homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

better off without one, can you imagine the rough types acting the maggot on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I’m glad we don’t have one. Hate to see every city/town just copying each other’s idea. Have something unique for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Not really sure what that has to do with business opening, but Limerick isn't the only city without a ferris wheel. The only place in the city center you could locate a Ferris wheel is Arthurs Quay Park and that's already in use for the Ice Rink.

Cork has squeezed one in on Grand Parade. Pery Square would be an option in Limerick probably. Not that I think we should have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

A ferris wheel would surely fit in Arthurs Quay too. Nothing wrong with adding it to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Popped in to say work seems to be going on in new medical center (next to the chemists) in Lower Gerald Griffin St.

Re the Ferris wheel. We’d get a bit sick of it if we had it at Christmas & Riverfest. Or was it supposed to be there for Paddy’s Day last year and something happened with it? Anyway, once a year is enough.

I see Willie Sextons or Sextons of Henry Street as it's now called has been completely refurbished and is ready to open again. They've done a fantastic job on it. Will rival Souths now for a pint in plush surroundings up that neck of the woods.

• Advertisement

Arrival wrote: »
    A few hot air balloons that take people up and down for a few minutes over a nice spot of the city would be much better than a Ferris wheel and be more unique, definitely more worth queuing and paying for. This may sound mad to the less imaginative amongst us but it could actually be possible, I'm just not sure how much space is needed for hot air balloons to actually function safely. Maybe do it in one of the parks instead if room is an issue
    And would fit in Arthur's Quay with the ice rink. I don't think there's space there with the ice rink to have a ferris wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hot air balloons will not fit in Arthur’s Quay Park.

Have you seen how big they are up close when the balloon is deflated? Also the park is too close to trees, wires and buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Arrival wrote: »
    A few hot air balloons that take people up and down for a few minutes over a nice spot of the city would be much better than a Ferris wheel and be more unique, definitely more worth queuing and paying for. This may sound mad to the less imaginative amongst us but it could actually be possible, I'm just not sure how much space is needed for hot air balloons to actually function safely. Maybe do it in one of the parks instead if room is an issue

There are multiple reasons why hot air balloons are not released in a city. Sure, what could go wrong! :rolleyes:

davo2001 wrote: »
    There are multiple reasons why hot air balloons are not released in a city. Sure, what could go wrong! :rolleyes:

Is it not a little too close to Shannon airport also!

One green area that is so underustilised in our city imo is the large green space beside King Islands Community Centre. You have stunning views of the Shannon, Thomond Bridge, Thomond Park and King John's Castle from there. Would love to see a Christmas Market in the Potato Market though

I see Willie Sextons or Sextons of Henry Street as it's now called has been completely refurbished and is ready to open again. They've done a fantastic job on it. Will rival Souths now for a pint in plush surroundings up that neck of the woods.

Passed by this morning and the lights were on, it does look very nice!

Mc Love wrote: »

Passed by this morning and the lights were on, it does look very nice!

It's really fab. Set to open on Friday. I know a few of the regulars there who are a bit worried they won't be let in now it's gone all fancy! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

is the South Court Hotel changing to Hospital ???

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/181177/0

It's really fab. Set to open on Friday. I know a few of the regulars there who are a bit worried they won't be let in now it's gone all fancy! ��

Madness, it wasnt exactly a kip when it was open previously although it seems much brighter in there now

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

is the South Court Hotel changing to Hospital ???

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/181177/0

Primary care centres are normally just a GP, chemist, maybe a local HSE office. Not a hospital.

From the application:
    “Change of use of existing ground floor conference center (Part) to new use as Primary Care Centre to include a general medical practice clinic, consultation rooms, admin areas, treatment areas & pharmacy“

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Primary care centres are normally just a GP, chemist, maybe a local HSE office. Not a hospital.

From the application:
    “Change of use of existing ground floor conference center (Part) to new use as Primary Care Centre to include a general medical practice clinic, consultation rooms, admin areas, treatment areas & pharmacy“

Clever use of space and good income stream.

Advertisement