Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Maintenance. As for the van, its owned by a man in the meat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Glenomra wrote: »
    Maintenance. As for the van, its owned by a man in the meat business.

I'm almost sure theyre in the refridgeration business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

panda100 wrote: »
    Great to hear this. Any business will do well there as it's a busy spot. Heard that The Samaritans could be using it for a drop in service but that was while ago now.

It's not Samaritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's not Samaritans.

What is it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/354291/exclusive-university-of-limerick-to-open-new-campus-in-heart-of-city-with-2-000-students.html#.XBtur2i59mA.facebook

New UL campus going into the opera centre Hope to be open by 2022. 2000 students. I really can’t wait for that side of the city to get a face lift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Maz2016 wrote: »
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/354291/exclusive-university-of-limerick-to-open-new-campus-in-heart-of-city-with-2-000-students.html#.XBtur2i59mA.facebook

New UL campus going into the opera centre Hope to be open by 2022. 2000 students. I really can’t wait for that side of the city to get a face lift

You mean 2032 if lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/357395/vision-to-create-restaurant-quarter-at-limerick-shopping-centre.html

New Restaurant Quarter at Crescent! Considering the lackluster take up of just Milano's and the hardly exciting Subway at their most recent upgrade, I'm surprised they are eager to keep expanding their food and beverage offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The council can't approve this and then not approve the extension of Castletroy SC

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Mc Love wrote: »
    The council can't approve this and then not approve the extension of Castletroy SC

didn't the council approve the last extension to the Cresent only a short time after refusing planning at the park valley site?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/357395/vision-to-create-restaurant-quarter-at-limerick-shopping-centre.html

New Restaurant Quarter at Crescent! Considering the lackluster take up of just Milano's and the hardly exciting Subway at their most recent upgrade, I'm surprised they are eager to keep expanding their food and beverage offering?

I heard it was Nandos going in there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Does anyone have an update on the M&S that's supposed to be opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

pigtown wrote: »
    Does anyone have an update on the M&S that's supposed to be opening?

Before 2050 all going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Considering M&S are talking about store closures in the UK that might scupper plans, maybe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46876749

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Heard the Hanging Gardens has a cafe going into it
    Think a lot of businesses are hoping to do well from it when it opens

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard the Hanging Gardens has a cafe going into it
    Think a lot of businesses are hoping to do well from it when it opens

Yeah, Hook and Ladder are taking the corner unit.

Yeah, Hook and Ladder are taking the corner unit.

Serious move getting in there directly say a lot of places around didn’t see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I heard it was Nandos going in there :D

That is soooo 2016 - I heard its a Greggs - :D:D:D

turbbo wrote: »
    That is soooo 2016 - I heard its a Greggs - :D:D:D

Loads of demand for those vegan sausage rolls ...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Serious move getting in there directly say a lot of places around didn’t see that coming

Rumour has it it’s the 1000 office spaces are fully let now also.

Pity we can’t see into the corner unit as the builders have black lining up on it.

Massive windows, corner unit, a 2nd floor mezzanine should lead to a v nice unit

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Rumour has it it’s the 1000 office spaces are fully let now also.

Pity we can’t see into the corner unit as the builders have black lining up on it.

Massive windows, corner unit, a 2nd floor mezzanine should lead to a v nice unit

Just need accommodation for a1000 people now

• Advertisement

Heatons has been re branded into Brand Max in Childers Road...found it much tidier..and also very like TK Maxx. The heatons in the crescent is being rebranded into this crowd too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

No way a 1000 people will be in that development nordic has taken 51% and will have a small headcount

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

kilburn wrote: »
    No way a 1000 people will be in that development nordic has taken 51% and will have a small headcount

Nordic have taken 350 ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

jjoconoor wrote:
    Nordic have taken 350 ðŸ‘

That was just a Limerick leader story

Has the Hanging Gardens parking?

Has the Hanging Gardens parking?

Nope! And no doubt Howleys will be putting their prices up again! It's already 80/85 a month! Was only 60 euro 2 years ago

The floor plans show space for 26 cars and 50 bicycles in the basement. Access from PO lane

Wow 26 cars for a whole office building! Maybe get rid of the car spaces and they might have more space for bikes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wow 26 cars for a whole office building! Maybe get rid of the car spaces and they might have more space for bikes :)

Pretty normal amount parking space for an inner city office building.

Plenty of parking available already anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Tefral

The floor plans show space for 26 cars and 50 bicycles in the basement. Access from PO lane

Theres 21 now as we had to put low hanging containment in there.

Nordic has taken 3 floors of the office and 2 floors of no.19. They will have their own canteen also so Hook and Ladder probably wont do as well out of it as they think. Good location though as that side of town is going to see more investment.

I don't understand this concept of "Office Spaces" the building is open plan. There's 5 floors in the office and its designed to be split down the middle so in the large office block there is only 10 office spaces. The Mercantile is another and the GPO has to be let as one also so thats another 1 office space. No. 19 has only floors 1 and 2 left so that's only one other office space.

Theres one unit left then in the ground floor of no. 19 that is stand alone. (its under the footpath of Glentworth Street)

Advertisement