Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Old ‘noble buffet’ unit on Bedford row has been rented to a national player in the Food Industry. No word as to who though

In before Nandos/Five Guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Chilli Cheese BiB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Old ‘noble buffet’ unit on Bedford row has been rented to a national player in the Food Industry. No word as to who though
    KFC wasn't it? After their jetland plans came to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

KFC wasn't it? After their jetland plans came to nothing.

I thought they had planning permission for the Jetland store?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I thought they had planning permission for the Jetland store?

didnt McDonalds and Supermacs object to the move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Planning permission was upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Building work has finally started on the new Starbucks across from Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Building work has also started on the empty unit beside LaCucina

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Building work has finally started on the new Starbucks across from Debenhams.

What was the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mc Love wrote: »
    Building work has also started on the empty unit beside LaCucina

Any idea what’s going on there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Any idea what’s going on there?

A medical clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Vanquished wrote: »
    A medical clinic.

Indeed that was on the planning application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Work going on in the former Irwin's jewellers in Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

work being done in the premises next to Niall Colgans on O' Callaghan strand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

damowill wrote: »
    work being done in the premises next to Niall Colgans on O' Callaghan strand

My Misus got text from her nail lady about a move down there. So I'm guessing its that unit, some kind of beauty/nail bar I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

BobMc wrote: »
    My Misus got text from her nail lady about a move down there. So I'm guessing its that unit, some kind of beauty/nail bar I'd imagine

Yep it's a beauticians. Will do really well there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

I see the Strand hotel has Guinness Clear in stock ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Triple Crown bar, or cafe as it was before closing again could be about to become a gourmet burger takeaway. Passing the place earlier today and there was a notice on the door.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Where was that again?

• Advertisement

Where was that again?

Athlunkard street just at the Island Rd junction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Triple Crown bar, or cafe as it was before closing again could be about to become a gourmet burger takeaway. Passing the place earlier today and there was a notice on the door.
    If it's being run by tge same people who run the takeaway next door they can keep it. Food is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Was it a planng notice? I think that’s No. 50 Athlunkard St, the planning permission was withdrawn for something similar in 2014.

I don’t know how two takeaways are doing enough business to stay open on that block never mind a third. Think it’s the same people that own the three buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

I see work started at old Dillon's petrol station on old Dublin rd across from homebase. They were clearing out the site. Anyone know what's going on there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I see work started at old Dillon's petrol station on old Dublin rd across from homebase. They were clearing out the site. Anyone know what's going on there?

A new petrol station. Permission was granted for that site back in 2017.

Dillons petrol station? I live near Homebase, work not far from it and drive past it everyday at least once...and also grew up not far from there and can't recall it for the life of me. Where exactly was it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Coming from the Parkway, I think it was on the green area between the old Dublin Road (back road towards Aldi) and the new Dublin Road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mr E wrote: »
    Coming from the Parkway, I think it was on the green area between the old Dublin Road (back road towards Aldi) and the new Dublin Road.

Correct. It used to open onto the Old Dublin Road and in and out slips were added to the new road when it opened. Looking at the historical maps on google, it was demolished between 2004 and 2006.

That bit of wasteland opposite Homebase? Wow, I don't remember any petrol station ever being there or anything at all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

That bit of wasteland opposite Homebase? Wow, I don't remember any petrol station ever being there or anything at all really.

Twas a texaco....

i heard 5 guys are going in there now.

Advertisement