Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

First of all I think it is a great place to buy mens clothes, I can't get my head around the I wouldn't wear it if I was payed comment.

Secondly what do you mean?

I was expecting much better than boring shirts and chinos in every shop. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing clothes like that so it just wasn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Melion wrote: »
    I was expecting much better than boring shirts and chinos in every shop. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing clothes like that so it just wasn't for me.

I've never worn chinos in my life and only wear a shirt when I absolutely have to, what do you wear? Kildare village caters to all tastes (even Air Max):)

I've never worn chinos in my life and only wear a shirt when I absolutely have to, what do you wear? Kildare village caters to all tastes (even Air Max):)

Hard to describe what I wear. No skinny jeans, no boot cut jeans, no wool, no dressy shirts, no tracksuits except when in a lazy mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Penneys is the right job. The one in Tralee is excellent. A massive floor dedicated to men's. for 50 euro I got two hoodies, 3 t-shirts and two packs of 3 pairs of socks. The only thing I haven't bought there is jeans, jack and jones and next are actually very good for them size wise and the quality is decent.

If we get a big one out in the Childers road I expect it to be very busy, the queues for the ladies changing rooms seem to get massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dee44

flutered wrote: »
    rumours abound at the moment that pennys are opening in the old atlantic homecare store in childers road shopping center.

Please let it be true! To be fair yes, i think it would be a good thing for limerick as someone asked as at present, i go to the penneys in the crescent but its too small but its just handy as dont have to pay for parking and can avoid the city but when i go the crescent with the intention of going to penneys, i almost always go to the other shops, hence penneys might be the shop to attract people there but will bring trade to the other shops! Also if its a good enough shop people will come from tipp and clare to go to it in the same way that if someone was on route from dublin to limerick they might stop at the huuuuge penneys in newbridge! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

JD Sports opening soon in The Crescent SC.
    Looking for flexi- and part-time cashiers, sales assistants and stockroom assistants.

JD Sports opening soon in The Crescent SC.
    Looking for flexi- and part-time cashiers, sales assistants and stockroom assistants.

Where do you apply?

Melion wrote: »
    Where do you apply?

There's a sign on the window of Champion Sports Cruises Street with the info. Can't remember how you apply sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

There's a sign on the window of Champion Sports Cruises Street with the info. Can't remember how you apply sorry!

hr@champion.ie was the email address looking in town as well for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Some work going on in the old Fuchsia Queen/Gift Venue unit on Thomas St. No information about what's going in there but they have painted it a nice yellow colour, in contrast to its two previous incarnations.

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote: »
    Some work going on in the old Fuchsia Queen/Gift Venue unit on Thomas St. No information about what's going in there but they have painted it a nice yellow colour, in contrast to its two previous incarnations.

Also some work going on in Tony & Guy and O'Connell Grill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

There is a new glitzy biz on Cruises Street, so now we can get more tat for Halloween and Weddings :D (Glad to see another shop used on that street though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Seoidín jewellers opening here. I don't know if they are closing the shop on Sarsfield St. or not.

Seoidín jewellers opening here. I don't know if they are closing the shop on Sarsfield St. or not.

Great news! They closed their Sarsfield Street shop a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What's going into the old O'Connell Grill unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

New shop called born clothing going into the parkway,do vera moda & jack & jones so good asset to have there :) Parkway has come on in leaps & bounds over the past few months. Would love penneys in childers rd,the shops they have in dublin are fantastic becuase they have so much room,the crescent one is just way too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

angelll wrote: »
    New shop called born clothing going into the parkway,do vera moda & jack & jones so good asset to have there :) Parkway has come on in leaps & bounds over the past few months. Would love penneys in childres rd,the shops they have in dublin are fantastic becuase they have so much room,the crescent one is just way too small.

Somebody confirmed the other day(Pennys Employee) it was in fact Pennys going into the Childers Rd although they have issues with storage/warehousing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

World of tiles has opened in the old tile market unit on the Ballysimon road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Office bar seems to ne moving to the Cornmarket as the Library bar by there facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »
    The Office bar seems to ne moving to the Cornmarket as the Library bar by there facebook page

I was just coming on to ask what was happening in the cornmarket bar. I saw workmen in there this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

I am a Penneys employee and can confirm we are not opening a new store in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Heard off a good few people that Pennys was opening on the Childers road but rumors are easy spread i suppose. If it did tho, something would have to be done about the road layout. The traffic there can be unbelievable and Penny's would double it!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Heard off a good few people that Pennys was opening on the Childers road but rumors are easy spread i suppose. If it did tho, something would have to be done about the road layout. The traffic there can be unbelievable and Penny's would double it!

The traffic can be bad there alright. They should really add extra lanes on Childers Road as there is loads of space to do so. I always think that when I'm stuck in traffic on the Childers Rd as you approach the Parkway roundabout. There's a really wide footpath at one side of the road and grass at the other side yet there's only one lane on a really busy stretch of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

The traffic can be bad there alright. They should really add extra lanes on Childers Road as there is loads of space to do so. I always think that when I'm stuck in traffic on the Childers Rd as you approach the Parkway roundabout. There's a really wide footpath at one side of the road and grass at the other side yet there's only one lane on a really busy stretch of road.

It's the Tip roundabout that gets me, even if your not going into the retail park, you still have to be in the traffic for the entrance. Just widen a stretch of the road and it would be fine. Either way, would have liked Penny's there as i live walking distance from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Its definitely not opening there store manager of Penneys in town confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont know if it was posted but it looks like JD sports or just JD are opening in the Crescent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont know if it was posted but it looks like JD sports or just JD are opening in the Crescent

Saw that at the weekend. Will be a huge sports store.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is mad. Two Pennys employees have told me it IS opening in Childers road and two Employees on here are saying it is NOT opening. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Heard work going on last evening in a corner unit at Henry St./ Windmill St. (next door to Sextons' Bar and across street from Subway).

Was a bookie shop up to last year, don't know what the new occupant has planned, anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    Heard work going on last evening in a corner unit at Henry St./ Windmill St. (next door to Sextons' Bar and across street from Subway).

Was a bookie shop up to last year, don't know what the new occupant has planned, anyone hear anything?

A new Post Office to replace the one on Clontarf Place/O'Connell Avenue.

Advertisement