Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Paddico wrote: »
    @k Starbucks ... greedy capitalists
    Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

I passed the building earlier, Starbucks did a great job on it. Hopefully it will help Debenhams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Paddico wrote: »
    @k Starbucks ... greedy capitalists

Pathetic

Steve Collins' new pub, The Number Three, replacing Tom and Jerry's on Lower Glentworth Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

That’s been open for over 6 months now .

• Advertisement

Gary Owen wrote: »
    That’s been open for over 6 months now .
    Wow that's awkward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

I passed the building earlier, Starbucks did a great job on it. Hopefully it will help Debenhams

Maybe UL will buy that next!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Steve Collins' new pub, The Number Three, replacing Tom and Jerry's on Lower Glentworth Street.

Thought they got a big pay out to leave the pub game and go state witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Glenomra

I am not a man for the yuppie coffee shops, much prefer the pint in the local but called to Starbucks yesterday evening after six to check it out. imo and to my surprise I found it a great addition to the city. a wonderful location with views of surrounding streets, busy, lot of young people and a bit of badly needed buzz. These outlets bring people to the city that otherwise would not come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Glenomra wrote: »
    I am not a man for the yuppie coffee shops, much prefer the pint in the local but called to Starbucks yesterday evening after six to check it out. imo and to my surprise I found it a great addition to the city. a wonderful location with views of surrounding streets, busy, lot of young people and a bit of badly needed buzz. These outlets bring people to the city that otherwise would not come.

I agree and whilst I dislike Starbucks offering it's great to see something other than a Dealz or vaping shop moving into a prime location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I am delighted to see Starbucks there, my only concern is when people decide to abandon their cars on an already busy junction to "just run in"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

I am delighted to see Starbucks there, my only concern is when people decide to abandon their cars on an already busy junction to "just run in"

Doesn't happen on Thomas street so I doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

sioda wrote: »
    Doesn't happen on Thomas street so I doubt it

They do do it up around Chicken Hut though.

Shur, there's another lane. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

They do do it up around Chicken Hut though.

Shur, there's another lane. Be grand.

That's a problem for the council to sort out.

CosmicFool wrote: »
    That's a problem for the council to sort out.

AGS no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »
    It's a Malaysian Deli.

Opened today and is actually a Phillipines deli. Also work going on next door in the old Keane's hardware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

There is work going on in the unit next to Takichi on O’Connell St. It is in a prominent position and has been vacant for a while so hopefully it’s something worthwhile.

Spitjack Ltd have applied for planning permission for a restaurant where the Noble Buffet was/is. I assume it is this crowd from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Spitjack Ltd have applied for planning permission for a restaurant where the Noble Buffet was/is. I assume it is this crowd from Cork?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL5ZVljj4vg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Glenomra wrote: »
    Twas badly wanted, another coffee shop!

Twas badly wanted, another coffee shop!
    It's late opening and does bring more people into the city. Don't see the negative tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

There is work going on in the unit next to Takichi on O’Connell St. It is in a prominent position and has been vacant for a while so hopefully it’s something worthwhile.

That looks very nice indeed, the buttery will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

sioda wrote: »
    It's late opening and does bring more people into the city. Don't see the negative tbh.

I walk the dog every evening through town and every evening since it opened it's been comfortably busy when I walk past at around half 8 or 9pm. There's obviously a market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There is work going on in the unit next to Takichi on O’Connell St. It is in a prominent position and has been vacant for a while so hopefully it's something worthwhile

No change of use has been requested so presumably it's another cafe or restaurant. The building seems to have been sold in the last few months as well.

I think the last business to operate out of there was "The Gasworks" but the premises must be empty for 6 or 7 years at this stage.

Vanquished wrote: »
    No change of use has been requested so presumably it's another cafe or restaurant. The building seems to have been sold in the last few months as well.

I think the last business to operate out of there was "The Gasworks" but the premises must be empty for 6 or 7 years at this stage.

A friend had that unit at one point and had awful issues with the sewage system, hope it works out better for whoever has it now.

That's why badass moved out of there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That looks very nice indeed, the buttery will be delighted.

They'd want to up their game a bit then

Mc Love wrote: »
    They'd want to up their game a bit then

How so? Always found them to be good, with a nice buzz.

How so? Always found them to be good, with a nice buzz.

Food there is OK. It strikes me as a place you go to be seen or to check in on instagram rather than somewhere you go for good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Food there is OK. It strikes me as a place you go to be seen or to check in on instagram rather than somewhere you go for good food.

Thats everywhere these days...I was sitting in canteen the other day and notice someone come in..order...then snap a selfie for the auld check in...

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Thats everywhere these days...I was sitting in canteen the other day and notice someone come in..order...then snap a selfie for the auld check in...

You're not wrong but get the food right. I've never eaten anything there that stood out as being amazing. The green onion does great food yet is still trendy for the insta addicts.

Advertisement