Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Food there is OK. It strikes me as a place you go to be seen or to check in on instagram rather than somewhere you go for good food.

i like the tapa's in the Buttery in the evening. and like their DJ's that bring a cool ambience to the place. very different to what other restaurants do. Their lunch/brunch menu is only ok tho but there are far worse. If Marco Polo can get a 4.3 / 5 rating then that sums up Limerick eateries and peoples opinion of what good food should be!!

On the opening of the unit beside it, its great to see.

I also think the old Permanent TSB buidling on Sarsfield street will be highly sought after now that UL have purchased Dunnes stores. Amazed its still vacant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How so? Always found them to be good, with a nice buzz.

Food there is OK. It strikes me as a place you go to be seen or to check in on instagram rather than somewhere you go for good food.
    Can you imagine being stranded on a desert island with the type of person that checks into instagram or Facebook when they go for something to eat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

How so? Always found them to be good, with a nice buzz.

I stopped going there because you have to pay extra for coffee when you order an Irish breakfast. Works out at 12.50 or 12.95. That's just nonsense imo. The breakfast is hardly amazing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

A friend had that unit at one point and had awful issues with the sewage system, hope it works out better for whoever has it now.
    I remember Azur restaurant putting a lot of money into the downstairs seating area but the smell was overpowering - they tried to hide it with scented candles

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

tototoe wrote: »
    I stopped going there because you have to pay extra for coffee when you order an Irish breakfast. Works out at 12.50 or 12.95. That's just nonsense imo. The breakfast is hardly amazing either.

if you think that's bad, the place across from the hunt museum charged me 7 euro for coffee (one cup Americano and a refill) on top of 11 euro for a full Irish. I decided I was not going to town for breakfast at all after that. The only reason I had a second cup is because the place was freezing cold and so was my coffee by the time the breakfast was out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

adaminho wrote:
    Opened today and is actually a Phillipines deli. Also work going on next door in the old Keane's hardware store.

Where exactly is this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

shanmo wrote: »
    Where exactly is this? Thanks.

High Street. In the old Mobile phone shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Anyone been to the new Philipino deli yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Looking at social media it looks like Treaty City are hoping to have their new brewery on Nicholas St open for visitors in May.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Looking at social media it looks like Treaty City are hoping to have their new brewery on Nicholas St open for visitors in May.

Are they going brewing they full time or is it a downsized version?
    Also will it be a pub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

bigpink wrote:
    Are they going brewing they full time or is it a downsized version? Also will it be a pub?

It's a visitor center with a micro brewery I imagine it will have some sort of bar

kilburn wrote: »
    It's a visitor center with a micro brewery I imagine it will have some sort of bar

The new “visitor center” laws which are designed to promote micro breweries/distilleries stipulate that the bar cant serve after 6pm. If they want to stay open in the evenings they will need to open as a licensed premises, which may be too costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

mdmix wrote: »
    The new “visitor center” laws which are designed to promote micro breweries/distilleries stipulate that the bar cant serve after 6pm. If they want to stay open in the evenings they will need to open as a licensed premises, which may be too costly.

If they close at 6, maybe they could have Katie Daly’s sell Treaty stuff after 6? They may already have a plan like that in place for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pebbletroy

Treepole wrote: »
    Anyone been to the new Philipino deli yet?

Not yeah walked past it last week and was still being refurbished.
    Has it opened,what’s the name of the deli?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Apparently M&S have identified the location that they are opening in Limerick.... near Arthur’s Quay ��

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/378051/marks-and-spencer-identify-site-in-heart-of-limerick-city.html#.XMIjAug8HlM.facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Could the old PTSB unit and the empty liddy street units be redevoleped or is that site too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kilburn wrote: »
    Could the old PTSB unit and the empty liddy street units be redevoleped or is that site too small?

It depends. I guess you'd have to have visited smaller M&S stores to get a perspective. Example would be the size of the store in Douglas in Cork. If they put size in Limerick then it would be quite disappointing considering that when they were poised to take the second/third Anchor store in the Parkway valley it was to be their flagship Irish store.

Smaller than Clonmel or Galway store is bad, similar to Cork city or Liffey Valley would be preferable.

Limerick Leader can stir it up all they want, let's read something concrete instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Berty wrote: »
    It depends. I guess you'd have to have visited smaller M&S stores to get a perspective. Example would be the size of the store in Douglas in Cork. If they put size in Limerick then it would be quite disappointing considering that when they were poised to take the second/third Anchor store in the Parkway valley it was to be their flagship Irish store.

Smaller than Clonmel or Galway store is bad, similar to Cork city or Liffey Valley would be preferable.

Limerick Leader can stir it up all they want, let's read something concrete instead.

It's funny. The Limerick Leader Facebook page had almost 500 comments and infinitely more likes/views for this particular article about M&S. The M&S saga definitely drums up conversation and participation like no other retail rumour/announcement either here on Boards and elsewhere. The cynic in me wonders does the Leader deliberately do this as part of free advertising/promotion/awareness of it's paper strategy by drip feeding these unsubstantiated, lacking concrete evidence type tit bits every few months to get people visiting their site/page etc?

Interestingly, the vast majority of the comments on FB were in the vein of "how many times have we heard this?" The paper is doing more damage to it's integrity as a factual source if it keeps peddling such articles that amount to actually nothing in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Sure M&S is too upmarket for the place! ;-)

ongarboy wrote: »
    It's funny. The Limerick Leader Facebook page had almost 500 comments and infinitely more likes/views for this particular article about M&S. The M&S saga definitely drums up conversation and participation like no other retail rumour/announcement either here on Boards and elsewhere. The cynic in me wonders does the Leader deliberately do this as part of free advertising/promotion/awareness of it's paper strategy by drip feeding these unsubstantiated, lacking concrete evidence type tit bits every few months to get people visiting their site/page etc?

Interestingly, the vast majority of the comments on FB were in the vein of "how many times have we heard this?" The paper is doing more damage to it's integrity as a factual source if it keeps peddling such articles that amount to actually nothing in real life.

I’d say if a local tradesman was chatting in the pub about where it could go, the leader would sell it as “Limerick Developer offers solution to bring M&S to the city”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Hook & Ladder “a matter of weeks” from opening in shannon

Another new kebab shop in Parnell street by corner of Sexton street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Hook & Ladder “a matter of weeks” from opening in shannon

The excitement is clearly palpable considering you said it twice , but is this not a Limerick Business opening thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

The excitement is clearly palpable considering you said it twice , but is this not a Limerick Business opening thread?

😂 clearly my browser stalled and posted twice! Are hook & Ladder not a limerick business?

😂 clearly my browser stalled and posted twice! Are hook & Ladder not a limerick business?

Well Supermacs are a Galway business, I don't reckon there are too many posts in the Galway forums about Pet opening a chipper in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

�� clearly my browser stalled and posted twice! Are hook & Ladder not a limerick business?

Lets not mention M&S so as they’re from Leeds.

Lets not mention M&S so as they’re from Leeds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XD7uKwtc_FU

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

bigpink wrote:
    Another new kebab shop in Parnell street by corner of Sexton street

Another new bog standard takeaway one? Or a proper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

shanmo wrote: »
    Another new bog standard takeaway one? Or a proper one?
    It's the Turkman grill that was down the street that has moved

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    It's the Turkman grill that was down the street that has moved

Oh sorry you actually right
    It was a computer shop then went to half a newsagents/Aisan shop

Advertisement