Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Is it nice? Always seems busy but have never ventured in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

sioda wrote: »
    It's the Turkman grill that was down the street that has moved

Is a Turkish grill or a Turkmenistan grill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    Oh sorry you actually right
    It was a computer shop then went to half a newsagents/Aisan shop

Is the newsagents gone already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the newsagents gone already?

Seems so that’s the kebab shop now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Seems so that’s the kebab shop now
    It's half shop and half kebab place. Seems to have a good trade. Lots of the local ethnic community eating in there which is always a good sign imo.

@rog no clue tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

sioda wrote: »
    It's the Turkman grill that was down the street that has moved

Is a Turkish grill or a Turkmenistan grill ?

Hard to know because it is just called Turkman Grill. It is usually busy though and was a good idea moving down to the bigger unit. The guy that owns it owns the shop next door and a few other businesses in Limerick now. Heard him mention it before.

It's not just a bog standard kebab shop either as has been mentioned a few times on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Jofspring wrote: »
    Hard to know because it is just called Turkman Grill. It is usually busy though and was a good idea moving down to the bigger unit. The guy that owns it owns the shop next door and a few other businesses in Limerick now. Heard him mention it before.

It's not just a bog standard kebab shop either as has been mentioned a few times on this thread.

Have eaten here. Really like it. Fast, casual and reasonably priced. Seems to be well run. Food is very tasty. There seems to be some Afghani dishes, maybe some Pakistani. Not certain but the staff would give you info if you wanted. Highly recommended.

Some amount of these kebab and ethnic shops how is there so many Non Eu people in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Some amount of these kebab and ethnic shops how is there so many Non Eu people in Limerick

And? Are the non EU people not entitled to try their hand at a business or pursue a chance of success?

What is your actual point?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

There are. Turkyiz near the market and Turkmen being my favourites.

Maybe you should ask these "non EU" people why they are in Limerick.

Maybe they are here for similar reasons that Limerick people are in non EU countries. Or maybe they are EU people masquarading as "non EU"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jesus calm down I am sure it wasn't meant how you have read.

Bigpink has a way with words sometimes no offence meant ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There are. Turkyiz near the market and Turkmen being my favourites.

My two favourites too. So tasty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Planning Notice went up in Westbury Centre today for a Lidl in the space next to the Paddy Power / Sareva bar.
    Traffic in and out of the Westbury Centre is already problematic currently, this won't make it easier, so hopefully there will be reassessment of the junction / lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Planning Notice went up in Westbury Centre today for a Lidl in the space next to the Paddy Power / Sareva bar.
    Traffic in and out of the Westbury Centre is already problematic currently, this won't make it easier, so hopefully there will be reassessment of the junction / lights

Clare business opening?

Yep, all 600 meters into Clare.. Isn't Westbury not considered one of the largest estates in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep, all 600 meters into Clare.. Isn't Westbury not considered one of the largest estates in Limerick?

No because its in Clare

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Stuff like this has absolutely ruined the Internet.

Mc Love wrote: »
    No because its in Clare

Fair enough, however a new Lidl in that location maybe of interest to many living on the Limerick side of Corbally?

Paddy Power/Sareva was only of benefit to scumbags in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Clare business opening?

Greater Limerick you mean.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    And? Are the non EU people not entitled to try their hand at a business or pursue a chance of success?

What is your actual point?

My point is Limerick is full of dodgy kebab shops run by Indian Pakistani Turk Afghani etc they do not bring anything to the city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

My point is Limerick is full of dodgy kebab shops run by Indian Pakistani Turk Afghani etc they do not bring anything to the city

Heart disease and food poisoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

They bring delicious kebabs. What more do you want?

Do you expect every business opening to bring something to the city? What exactly should they bring???

As opposed to what?
    What "EU" business are they preventing from thriving?

Casual throwaway racism is what I thought you were angling towards when I asked what your point was.
    Thanks for confirming it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

As opposed to what?
    What "EU" business are they preventing from thriving?

Casual throwaway racism is what I thought you were angling towards when I asked what your point was.
    Thanks for confirming it tho.

mods hand out bans for a lot less

damowill wrote: »
    mods hand out bans for a lot less

Not sure if you mean for me?
    Or for the poster I quoted?

If it comes my way, 12 years on Boards it will be my 1st and worth it!
    I'll take it as a badge of honour ;)

If it's the other way, about time IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Not sure if you mean for me?
    Or for the poster I quoted?

If it comes my way, 12 years on Boards it will be my 1st and worth it!
    I'll take it as a badge of honour ;)

If it's the other way, about time IMHO.

not you banie!!! sorry if it came across that way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thread is gone to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Poster about the kebab shops is dead right, sure it's a new business open but it's literally the same food that's in all the other "pizza planet" "kebab stop" "speedo kebab" "Pizza Delicious" places.

They're essentially franchises all same suppliers, pizza tastes the EXACT same in each place. The buildings are often run down inside too.

All that said I will no doubt be trying this place some night....

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Thread is gone to pot.

You were the one who jumped in to assure us BP wasn't being racist before she confirmed it herself??

The thread is for discussing business openings around Limerick, not the ethnic origins of the owners or digs at same.

Advertisement