Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Signs up in the windows of the El Toro unit looking for staff, looks like another eatery of some type.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

source wrote: »
    Signs up in the windows of the El Toro unit looking for staff, looks like another eatery of some type.

Saw the couple in there earlier having a meeting. They're of Asian origin at least.

Saw then a guy reading the planning notice on the window of that buffet place a few doors away, maybe something there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Berty wrote: »
    Saw then a guy reading the planning notice on the window of that buffet place a few doors away, maybe something there as well.

A restaurant called "Spitjack" is moving in to that unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Vanquished wrote: »

Tried its sister location in Cork in anticipation and both of our meals were mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Tried its sister location in Cork in anticipation and both of our meals were mank.

Tripadvisor rates them as the #15 in Cork, so they can't be all bad.

• Advertisement

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Tripadvisor rates them as the #15 in Cork, so they can't be all bad.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but talking to some cork pals they can say it can be very hit and miss and more popular to be seen in than for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Vanquished wrote: »

Is it me or does a restaurant name with the word spit in it come across unappetizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but talking to some cork pals they can say it can be very hit and miss and more popular to be seen in than for food.

Spitjack in cork was quite nice when it opened, things have gone downhill big time in the last couple of months....

but yeah, still quite popular to the insta folks for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

RINO87 wrote: »
    Spitjack in cork was quite nice when it opened, things have gone downhill big time in the last couple of months....

but yeah, still quite popular to the insta folks for some reason.

Style over substance, basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Any update on the new cafe at the Gardens building?

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote: »
    Any update on the new cafe at the Gardens building?

Fixed your post! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Fixed your post! :rolleyes:

It's finished and it's currently being fitted out for NAC. That what they're doing in Cecil St.

Azur on George’s Quay is rebranding as Rossi’s

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a new hair salon open on Denmark St. just a few doors down from Duo. It's great to see those units being occupied after being empty for so long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sounds like a Italian chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hardly the same lads that have a Rossi's in Charleville?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

A new chef (Ross I think) now has shares in Azur.
    They are turning it into an Italian bistro/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Limerick91 wrote: »
    A new chef (Ross I think) now has shares in Azur.
    They are turning it into an Italian bistro/restaurant.

thats a shame. plenty of italian options already in limerick. still hope its successful for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

damowill wrote: »
    thats a shame. plenty of italian options already in limerick. still hope its successful for them
    Agree, very strange move. Always liked Azur, think it was a bit underrated in Limerick really. Anyone know how it was doing business-wise? Anytime I was there, it seemed busy. Granted, they were usually Saturday nights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tuscany at the Granary doesn’t open anymore Monday and Tuesday nights even in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

bigpink wrote: »
    Tuscany at the Granary doesn’t open anymore Monday and Tuesday nights even in the summer

Have they all gone cashless or just Castletroy? Shooting themselves in the foot a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Agree, very strange move. Always liked Azur, think it was a bit underrated in Limerick really. Anyone know how it was doing business-wise? Anytime I was there, it seemed busy. Granted, they were usually Saturday nights.

Yes, I've always thought Azur was underrated too — I'd place it above the usual suspects (French Table, Cornstore, even Freddie's). I've been there about six times and the food's been superb every time. And service good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have they all gone cashless or just Castletroy? Shooting themselves in the foot a bit there.

Do you know the background? They were robbed a few times in the space of a few weeks in June (thieves looking for cash). Damage done in the restaurant too. By advertising that they are cashless, they hope to prevent further attempted robberies.

A bit extreme, but that's the way things are going - I rarely have much cash on me these days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who's they?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    Do you know the background? They were robbed a few times in the space of a few weeks in June (thieves looking for cash). Damage done in the restaurant too. By advertising that they are cashless, they hope to prevent further attempted robberies.

A bit extreme, but that's the way things are going - I rarely have much cash on me these days anyway.

I know the back story. I'm just wondering had all 3 places gone cashless or is it just Castletroy. I'd be more inclined to do cash before card myself personally. Splitting bills among a group could be a bit awkward.

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who's they?

I meant all of them as in the three Tuscany restaurants, The Granary, Killaloe and Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I know the back story. I'm just wondering had all 3 places gone cashless or is it just Castletroy. I'd be more inclined to do cash before card myself personally. Splitting bills among a group could be a bit awkward.

Get yourself a Revolut Card. Very easy to split bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Get yourself a Revolut Card. Very easy to split bill.

• Advertisement

Revolut is the mutts nuts. Set up a vault to round up every transaction and you'll have Christmas paid for at year end and not even notice it.

Advertisement