Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Get yourself a Revolut Card. Very easy to split bill.

It's good but not doubly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mr E wrote: »
    Do you know the background? They were robbed a few times in the space of a few weeks in June (thieves looking for cash). Damage done in the restaurant too. By advertising that they are cashless, they hope to prevent further attempted robberies.

A bit extreme, but that's the way things are going - I rarely have much cash on me these days anyway.
    fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who's they?
    I meant all of them as in the three Tuscany restaurants, The Granary, Killaloe and Castletroy.

all three tuscany's were robbed within a month? thats news to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There is a cafe chain (Bear Market) in Dublin that has gone cashless too - it's the way forward. My nephew and his friends never go near ATMs now for cash - it's cards for everything. I've started doing it myself in most cases since tapping up to €30 is available with no minimum purchase value needed. I only get caught out by the odd business that still won't accept card. Imagine how much cash theft would reduce by if everyone migrated over to using card...

The street beggars will be carrying card machines at this rate to accept taps....

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

I see they put up a sign for the stores that are going into that texaco gas station near parkway. Insomnia, a Chinese called peking and spar. And a sign for adblue. Not sure if adblue is going to be a shop or are they going to just advertise the stuff. Just what we need, another coffee shop and a Chinese. On the plus side I'm living in rhebogue so don't have to get on to the Dublin road to get petrol or go to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

AdBlue is an additive (made from urea) used in newer diesel engines to make them a bit cleaner and is sold at many filling stations these days. It will probably be a separate pump to diesel and petrol as most new diesel cars have a separate tank for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I see they put up a sign for the stores that are going into that texaco gas station near parkway. Insomnia, a Chinese called peking and spar. And a sign for adblue. Not sure if adblue is going to be a shop or are they going to just advertise the stuff. Just what we need, another coffee shop and a Chinese. On the plus side I'm living in rhebogue so don't have to get on to the Dublin road to get petrol or go to the shop.

Those peking Chinese restaurants tend to be like a deli counter with pre made food rather than a traditional chinese.

And what Bazz said about Adblue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's a petrol station. What were you expecting to go in there?

It's a petrol station. What were you expecting to go in there?
    A Nandos, Five Guys and an M&S express!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

ongarboy wrote: »
    A Nandos, Five Guys and an M&S express!!

At least they'll be easy to get too though. What with the new monorail and all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I see the signs have gone up for Apache Pizza in the old Rios/ Xtra Vision unit on the Ennis Road.

Anyone know what they are putting in on the opposite side of the road, at the end of Woodies, seems to be some construction work started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Skuxx wrote: »
    I see the signs have gone up for Apache Pizza in the old Rios/ Xtra Vision unit on the Ennis Road.

Anyone know what they are putting in on the opposite side of the road, at the end of Woodies, seems to be some construction work started!

KFC had planning in there for a drive thru, so might be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Berty wrote: »
    KFC had planning in there for a drive thru, so might be that.

Waiting long enough for that to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Berty wrote: »

Nourish and Baxter & Greene operate concessions within Dunnes supermarkets. They are both looking for staff for ones opening up in Jetland

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1823099

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Friends of mine work in Verona cafe. Staff meeting last night told there would be new operators in August. Confirmed to staff it would be hook & ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Friends of mine work in Verona cafe. Staff meeting last night told there would be new operators in August. Confirmed to staff it would be hook & ladder

That's a pity. Enjoyed the food in there and the coffee was lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

jjoconoor wrote: »

Was always ordering when Hook and Ladder would head out that side of town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Strange move

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

bigpink wrote: »
    Strange move

Why so? Seems to be a v busy spot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Verona is busy why change it and the staff

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Verona is busy why change it and the staff

Their fight with supermacs is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Stupid question I know but where is Verona Cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

kilburn wrote: »
    Stupid question I know but where is Verona Cafe

Out across from the regional

• Registered Users Posts: 38 waggs

what was the Supermacs fight about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

waggs wrote: »
    what was the Supermacs fight about?

Drink related...most probably ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like there is planning permission being sought to change the units on the Carlton block from retail to commercial office space, only went up in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Mc Love wrote: »
    Looks like there is planning permission being sought to change the units on the Carlton block from retail to commercial office space, only went up in the last week or so.

Is that the block across from La Cucina? See there's planning permission to build more houses on the Mill Road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Is that the block across from La Cucina? See there's planning permission to build more houses on the Mill Road.

It's the block where Elverys had a store on Henry St. That unit has been empty since Elverys moved out and the other units have never been occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Ballyseedy Garden Centre are opening the new cafe in the Co-op Superstore in Raheen. Their cafe in Tralee is lovely so hopefully similar.

https://www.facebook.com/ballyseedyhomegarden/

• Advertisement

tototoe wrote: »
    Ballyseedy Garden Centre are opening the new cafe in the Co-op Superstore in Raheen. Their cafe in Tralee is lovely so hopefully similar.

https://www.facebook.com/ballyseedyhomegarden/

The food in their Tralee outfit has taken a severe nosedive lately. I hope they are better up here.

Advertisement