Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

europa11 wrote: »
    Heard work going on last evening in a corner unit at Henry St./ Windmill St. (next door to Sextons' Bar and across street from Subway).

Was a bookie shop up to last year, don't know what the new occupant has planned, anyone hear anything?

It's in last weeks post, it's going to be a post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The Globe is getting a complete overhaul at the moment, any ideas what is going in there?

The Globe is getting a complete overhaul at the moment, any ideas what is going in there?

Wasn't there talk of a hostel going in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

A proper hostel for tourists? We really need one of those, we could get the backpackers tourists.

A proper hostel for tourists? We really need one of those, we could get the backpackers tourists.

That was the word the last few years. Haven't heard much lately about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Are they working there still? I thought they just removed the scaffolding cos nothing was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Walked past the Cornmarket bar today and it looks like it's reopening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its the lads from the office apparently and its going to be called the Library

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Walked past the Cornmarket bar today and it looks like it's reopening soon.

It's re-opening as the Library. The lads who went in and started running the office are going to be running it and Vinny McMahon will be back running the office.

Not sure if its a great move by them. The big pull in the office is the outdoor smoking area with live music. There is no smoking area in the cornmarket bar and you have to go out the front for a fag.

Hopefully they will retain what the Office is like at the moment with the live bands etc. I really like the way that whole area has turned into the night life part of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hopefully they will retain what the Office is like at the moment with the live bands etc. I really like the way that whole area has turned into the night life part of the city.

According to the office Facebook they will continue to have live music.

Jofspring wrote: »
    According to the office Facebook they will continue to have live music.

That's good to hear!Since the Office Live venue opened it has really added to the buzz of the area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

That's good to hear!Since the Office Live venue opened it has really added to the buzz of the area

I always thought that womens carpark between Ellen St and Robert St should be turned into a new street containing a few restaurants, cafes and pubs. You would have a cracking area then from almost the granary up to the icon. Probably not the population to support it, but it would be an area then to rival anything in templebar or Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Speaking of Pubs. I know somebody looking for a pub to lease in the city centre. The Still House size of a premises. I thought The Office might be up for lease because they were moving but alas that won't work.

Anybody know anything? There's a lot for sale but not for leasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Speaking of Pubs. I know somebody looking for a pub to lease in the city centre. The Still House size of a premises. I thought The Office might be up for lease because they were moving but alas that won't work.

Anybody know anything? There's a lot for sale but not for leasing.

The Northstar, and The Bitterend(Foxy's) are available to lease.
    The selection of advertised pubs available to lease is in the main quite poor, but if you get your friend to have a talk to an auctioneer about what he is after he may get some more leads(Gordon Kearney would be a good start.)

I have heard a rumour of another premises being available soon too but if you want info on that one drop me a P.M as it would be unsubstantiated speculation on this thread(No matter how good my source)
    A lot of bars are available to lease at the moment, but not advertised.
    The sales and lease market has been very very skewed by the banks over the last few years as I'm sure your aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The North Star is the wrong neighbourhood for his type of bar and having been it it recently it would need more than a lot of work.

Foxys/Nevada Smiths is just too big for him. He wanted a Still house sized bar and his current bar, elsewhere in the country, is this size.

I'll drop you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there a new store opening on Sarsfield St. (opposite Debenhams) sometime soon?

Noticed a huge sign there y'day for the first time for a Nursery Store called Funky Baby....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

Limerick Craft and Design are going into one of those units in the next few weeks. 30 crafters, designers and artists in one location.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What about the former Nestor's bar on O'Connell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bazz26 wrote: »

Was that not converted into a shop about 4 years ago???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Sequoia Lane, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No idea being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

bazz26 wrote: »
    Eclipse cafe applied for a change of use to cafe/deli a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

mackes wrote: »
    Limerick Craft and Design are going into one of those units in the next few weeks. 30 crafters, designers and artists in one location.
    Sounds cool. Will it be a shop or a work shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Saw that funky baby sign going up too,where topshop et al used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

What's going into the old O'Connell Grill unit?

Restaurant and/or Takeaway, will be operated by someone who has another restaurant a couple of hundred yards away and drives a black Saab.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a €2 shop opening in the Castletroy SC, and it looks like there is some activity in the old bookshop next door to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a €2 shop opening in the Castletroy SC, and it looks like there is some activity in the old bookshop next door to it too.

Limerick is destroyed with 2 yoyo shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It needs another 99p shop instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 davidl2012

I am very interested in working for JDsports as i am big into clothes sports and everything else. I have been searching everyday in the Crescent shopping Centre for information on how to apply for work with the new JDsports that is soon opening in the shopping centre. I would really appreciate if you could help me understand and find what i am trying to look and apply for. thank you!

Advertisement