Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

tommy249 wrote: »
    Anyone hear rumors of the Cheescake factory opening where Establishment is? They have been posting cryptic messages on their Facebook page about a massive announcement of a first in Ireland and lots of pictures of cheesecakes. Someone has commented that it is the cheescake factory opening. On one post they have some hashtag about Penny. A quick google search of cheescake factory and Penny shows a connection!

I sincerely doubt the cheesecake factory are opening in Limerick. They don't have a UK presence nevermind an Irish (read Dublin) outlet. I was in one in Dubai a few years ago, nothing too exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

I sincerely doubt the cheesecake factory are opening in Limerick. They don't have a UK presence nevermind an Irish (read Dublin) outlet. I was in one in Dubai a few years ago, nothing too exciting.

I was/am also very skeptical but their hints do seem to point to it. Plus they say it’s a first in Ireland. Cheescake factory started selling licenses for global operators a few years back so never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It has to be unless they've a licence to sell cheesecake factory cheesecake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just cos it’s a place that will sell cheesecake doesn’t mean it’s the Cheesecake Factory?

When they started selling donuts on Little Catherine Street it didn’t mean they were Dunkin Donuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Cheesecake factory sell all types of food. American fare, wings, burgers, steaks etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Cheesecake factory sell all types of food. American fare, wings, burgers, steaks etc

Yes - it's a slightly more upmarket version of TGI Friday's with countless flavors of cheesecake obviously being their signature desert dish.

The irony of it is that if you've ever eaten in their American restaurants, by the time you've finished their gigantic main course dishes, you're too stuffed for cheesecake or any desert! (well a normal size person with normal appetite anyway...).

That's interesting if they use Limerick as their first European branch! Looking at Wikipedia, the only outlets outside North America are in the Middle East and Hong Kong.

What ongarboy said. Went to CF in Boston and i was stuffed before the Cheesecake came out!! They literally fill you up with a mountain of french fries and deep-fried chicken.

Went another time and their cheesecake is so rich, it will fill you full of sugar.
    Would be a massive coup to get that franchise but it will probably be some knockoff and going from my previous comment, they always seem to have a new idea/business/name change on the go!

WIll they be getting rid of Establishment because it failed to compete with House?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

That new petrol station at the Parkway looks to have opened. Passed it earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That new petrol station at the Parkway looks to have opened. Passed it earlier.

It's opened since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's opened since last week.

You can’t enter it on the Parkway (TK Maxx side) and yet I’ve seen a load of cars cut in there

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    You can’t enter it on the Parkway (TK Maxx side) and yet I’ve seen a load of cars cut in there

I thought you could?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I don't get you. There is an entrance and exit on both sides of the forecourt on the R445 and on the old Dublin Road.

Have you seen the people that dont like turning left at the fuel station in Ballinacurra, its infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have you seen the people that dont like turning left at the fuel station in Ballinacurra, its infuriating

People approaching Childers Road SC from the parkway, taking the left hand turn towards Cloghaun and then doing a Uturn into the SC.
    There is nothing more infuriating in this city.

Especially people than then beep at cars qued at the lights and ‘blocking their way’. Go down chiller road, use the light like a normal person and have patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bennyl10 wrote: »
    People approaching Childers Road SC from the parkway, taking the left hand turn towards Cloghaun and then doing a Uturn into the SC.
    I'll admit that I kinda do that in heavy traffic. Now I don't u-turn straight away. I will go down as far as the delivery entrance or the small shop and turn there.
    Especially people than then beep at cars qued at the lights and ‘blocking their way’. Go down chiller road, use the light like a normal person and have patience!
    I don't do that though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I see your hand and raise you the people that turn right into the crescent because they've always done it. Go around the roundabout, it's not like those extra few seconds will dramatically change your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

And the thread has taken a complete u-turn once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Hook & ladder to be open and trading in Dooradoyle circa two weeks according to staff of the current Verona.

Seems like Hook & ladder are a good news story regardless of personal thoughts on food etc they seek to be doing something right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

jjoconoor wrote:
    Seems like Hook & ladder are a good news story regardless of personal thoughts on food etc they seek to be doing something right!

That level of expansion is unsustainable hopefully we don't see another repeat of the historical issues

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Was in the new H&L Shannon branch 2 weeks ago and was hugely disappointed by the service and the food itself. Having eaten in the Sarsfield St branch the weekend before there was no comparison. Maybe it’s just teething troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Was in the new H&L Shannon branch 2 weeks ago and was hugely disappointed by the service and the food itself. Having eaten in the Sarsfield St branch the weekend before there was no comparison. Maybe it’s just teething troubles.
    You would imagine so, although I have said before that I've experienced avoidable issues that let their grub down, such as dirty cutlery and slow/rude service.

License for the Cheesecake Factory is legit apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

License for the Cheesecake Factory is legit apparently

They have updated their FB page stating that they are opening a cheescake factory bakery so I guess that means they will just be selling cheesecakes under licence which is a bit of an anticlimax!! Doesn't look like the full cheescake restaurant is opening there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

tommy249 wrote:
    They have updated their FB page stating that they are opening a cheescake factory bakery so I guess that means they will just be selling cheesecakes under licence which is a bit of an anticlimax!! Doesn't look like the full cheescake restaurant is opening there

Ya, I see the front page of todays Limerick Post has an ad for "The Cheesecake Factory Bakery" which will be based in Establishment. Sounds like a franchise or something along those lines. Much ado about nothing methinks

Ya, I see the front page of todays Limerick Post has an ad for "The Cheesecake Factory Bakery" which will be based in Establishment. Sounds like a franchise or something along those lines. Much ado about nothing methinks

Ya they have ‘cheesecakes from the cheesecake factory’ and they’ve licensed the name. So ya a franchise deal

But not the actual cheesecake factory itself. Ho hum, will people really go there for the cheesecake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    But not the actual cheesecake factory itself. Ho hum, will people really go there for the cheesecake?!

If people wouldn't go to their donut place, during donut frenzy or 2017/18 then they'll find it hard to get people to visit for baked goods.

I've been to a few cheesecake factories yet never even had cheesecake or cake of any kind there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The baked goods game seems to be already tied up between one or two big players. Have their work cut out for them.

PetKing wrote: »
    The baked goods game seems to be already tied up between one or two big players. Have their work cut out for them.

They closed their donut shop over the increased competition, this is only going to end badly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PetKing wrote: »

Smells like Burrito.

Advertisement