Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Was in the new H&L Shannon branch 2 weeks ago and was hugely disappointed by the service and the food itself. Having eaten in the Sarsfield St branch the weekend before there was no comparison. Maybe it’s just teething troubles.

Surprised to hear that, I've been in half a dozen times since they opened and it's been fine. There's not as much on the menu as in Sarsfield St but other than that, I've had no cause for complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

who are the big players in the baked goods game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

dashoonage wrote: »

Old Mr. Brennan and Pat the Baker would be the main cartel members. The Johnson, Mooney and O' Brien gang have some serious muscle but wouldn't be as big nor as ruthless. Mr Kipling has tried to move in on the market which lead to the hot cross bun war of '85.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dashoonage wrote: »

Bean a Ti, The Danes, the Donut Shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mc Love wrote: »
    They closed their donut shop over the increased competition, this is only going to end badly

They closed Funky Donut before The Shack or the place on Roches Street opened.

• Advertisement

They closed Funky Donut before The Shack or the place on Roches Street opened.

Yes they cited they were closing because of the increased competition

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yes they cited they were closing because of the increased competition

They weren't great either. They opened one in Nenagh which didn't last long either. They had them frozen and still paying premium price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Hook & ladder to be open and trading in Dooradoyle circa two weeks according to staff of the current Verona.

Seems like Hook & ladder are a good news story regardless of personal thoughts on food etc they seek to be doing something right!

I love their coffee but never have food there. Are they taking over Verona? Or where are they going to be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Black and White

Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
    Was in the new H&L Shannon branch 2 weeks ago and was hugely disappointed by the service and the food itself. Having eaten in the Sarsfield St branch the weekend before there was no comparison. Maybe it’s just teething troubles.
    Surprised to hear that, I've been in half a dozen times since they opened and it's been fine. There's not as much on the menu as in Sarsfield St but other than that, I've had no cause for complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

cnoc wrote: »
    Black and White

Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post

It is a bit high, breakfasts are about a tenner but tea/coffee is extra. Lunches start from 10 up. It's still busy enough there but time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Planning permission up on the old fire station restaurant to turn it into a microbrewery and bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sioda wrote: »
    Planning permission up on the old fire station restaurant to turn it into a microbrewery and bar

any idea for who?
    doubt galway bay will be best pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Beardy Man I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Planning notice. Great to hear all the same.

Indiebev based out of 1 Mount Kenneth Place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bennyl10 wrote: »
    any idea for who?
    doubt galway bay will be best pleased

It's good for them because it will bring more people up that end of Thomas Street and they'll switch between the two pubs. Unless of course there's a fixed (and small) market for craft beer in Limerick. But I don't think that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Anyone know if there are plans for any other vegan places in Limerick? OFS a loss. Just goes to show that we're not allowed nice things in Limerick sometimes!! I guess there's just not enough of a population in Limerick who'd go in for decent non ****e food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Granadino wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are plans for any other vegan places in Limerick? OFS a loss. Just goes to show that we're not allowed nice things in Limerick sometimes!! I guess there's just not enough of a population in Limerick who'd go in for decent non ****e food.

There are plenty of places in Limerick that serve non ****e food, vegetarian on the other hand.....

There just isn't the demand currently for this in Limerick, otherwise the places that have closed in the last year would have stayed open.

davo2001 wrote: »
    There are plenty of places in Limerick that serve non ****e food, vegetarian on the other hand.....

There just isn't the demand currently for this in Limerick, otherwise the places that have closed in the last year would have stayed open.

What I should have typed. It's a pity though. Food was great, and I'm trying to stay away from meat and food with palm oil, and crap additives, which most of the time is dressed up as decent healthy food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I see used cars parked this week in Clareview Motors - looks like it might be reopening in some form?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Osk wrote: »
    I see used cars parked this week in Clareview Motors - looks like it might be reopening in some form?

I think it's just the second hand overflow stock from Hinchy's down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

TychoCaine wrote: »
    I think it's just the second hand overflow stock from Hinchy's down the street.

Know someone who did some work there recently. He was saying its opning as davin cars or davin motors. 2nd hand info so take it as you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

tototoe wrote: »
    Know someone who did some work there recently. He was saying its opning as davin cars or davin motors. 2nd hand info so take it as you will.

Yeah, a company called Davin Car Sales Ltd. was registered last month.
    Coincidentally "Davin Motors" was the name of the Mercedes dealers that used to be on the site that Hinchys are on now. They closed up in the 70's.

https://search.cro.ie/company/ListSubDocs.aspx?id=644504&type=B
    http://fromlimerickwithlove.limerick.ie/content/davin-motors-car-advertising-4

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Other than the 4 vehicles at the front the rest look like ex fleet of some kind, so much variance so they might have been ex rentals.

Not UK cars like lots of the recent new places, but you never know. £ collapsed again making them even better value again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

OFS was very underwhelming. All style and no substance. The quality of the food in the Grove is 10x better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://nevin.ie/news/new-kfc-limerick

Looks like work is advancing on the new KFC at Ennis Road retail park.

ongarboy wrote: »
    http://nevin.ie/news/new-kfc-limerick

Looks like work is advancing on the new KFC at Ennis Road retail park.

More fast food sh*t. Great...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

More fast food sh*t. Great...:rolleyes:

You can always just pass it on by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

bazz26 wrote: »
    You can always just pass it on by.

Nonsense, he'll be standing outside waving his fist in the air...

Advertisement