Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Granadino wrote: »
    More fast food sh*t. Great...:rolleyes:

As opposed to vegan sh*t? A fad that will be forgotten in a few years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just because the other fella started it doesn't mean you have to post even more nonsense. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

James Whelan butchers are looking for staff for a new Limerick outlet. Dunnes own them so itll probably be in one of their stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

More fast food sh*t. Great...:rolleyes:

I'm not a vegan but you're a legitimate moron if you genuinely believe that. More and more people are becoming conscious of the mistreatment of animals and choosing to go vegetarian and vegan as a result. Further to this are the benefits to the environment which attracts more people. Sure, some people who are sheep and like to cling onto trends and fads latched onto veganism and they'll fade away but they're a minority. If anything veganism will be more popular in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well maybe not veganism, but vegetarianism will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

A fad? Eating healthy food is a fad? Your choice if you want to be a fat f*ck at 50 with health problems I suppose. "Vegan sh*t". Yeah, like KFC or McDonalds or Dominos pizza is so full of healthy goodness.....
    Vegan might be a fad, but eating good food, with good ingredients, is not a fad. Check the ingredients in your KFC burger the next time. Additives, palm oil, fat, grease, pumped full of sh*t. If that's ok with you, belt away. Yes, I can walk on and not go into KFC etc, but when Limerick is full of this crap, I despair. It's lowest common denominator stuff.
    We're spoilt for choice for crap junk food in Limerick. We're not so spoiled for choice for places where you know the ingredients are good. What's wrong with wanting to eat out but eat healthily? :confused:

A fad? Eating healthy food is a fad? Your choice if you want to be a fat f*ck at 50 with health problems I suppose. "Vegan sh*t". Yeah, like KFC or McDonalds or Dominos pizza is so full of healthy goodness.....
    Vegan might be a fad, but eating good food, with good ingredients, is not a fad. Check the ingredients in your KFC burger the next time. Additives, palm oil, fat, grease, pumped full of sh*t. If that's ok with you, belt away. Yes, I can walk on and not go into KFC etc, but when Limerick is full of this crap, I despair. It's lowest common denominator stuff.
    We're spoilt for choice for crap junk food in Limerick. We're not so spoiled for choice for places where you know the ingredients are good. What's wrong with wanting to eat out but eat healthily? :confused:

If there was a market in Limerick for such a thing, you could be sure there would be healthy restaurants on every street just like we have seen with fads like doughnuts, milkshakes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Vegan does not imply healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Lads try stay on topic

If there was a market in Limerick for such a thing, you could be sure there would be healthy restaurants on every street just like we have seen with fads like doughnuts, milkshakes etc.

When you walk into a Centra or Tesco and see shelves of processed chocolate and biscuits, yes, there's a market for it obviously. That's not a good thing though. It's still sh*t ultra processed food.
    And I guess the market isn't there in Limerick for a vegan, or vegetarian restaurant, which is a pity, but if the market wants to eat poison out of KFC or McD, regardless of what their advertising tells you or doesn't tell you, then fair play. Don't give the cost argument either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Lads try stay on topic
    Amen :pac:

When you walk into a Centra or Tesco and see shelves of processed chocolate and biscuits, yes, there's a market for it obviously. That's not a good thing though. It's still sh*t ultra processed food.
    And I guess the market isn't there in Limerick for a vegan, or vegetarian restaurant, which is a pity, but if the market wants to eat poison out of KFC or McD, regardless of what their advertising tells you or doesn't tell you, then fair play. Don't give the cost argument either.

I haven't argued any point. Veganism is a fad, it will fade away, like it or not.

While there is affordable ****e food, people will always hoover it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You also walk into a Centra and Tesco and see shelves full of fresh fruit and veg (It's actually the first thing inside the door of most supermarkets) and other healthy foods. Most people eat and cook at home the majority of the time and treat themselves to takeaways once in a while.

Personally I don't care what's in KFC or McDonalds food as the once or twice a month I treat myself to it isn't going to kill me.

But do you know what I'm not going to do? I'm not going to go onto an internet forum and tell people what the should or shouldn't be eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Thought this was about Limerick Businesses opening? Must of clicked into the wrong thread.

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Thought this was about Limerick Businesses opening? Must of clicked into the wrong thread.

Yep, another crap fast food joint is opening in Limerick.

I haven't argued any point. Veganism is a fad, it will fade away, like it or not.

While there is affordable ****e food, people will always hoover it up.

Eating healthy food is a fad?

But do you know what I'm not going to do? I'm not going to go onto an internet forum and tell people what the should or shouldn't be eating.

I'm not telling anyone what to eat. But sometimes people need to be told. The more people are informed of the sh*t they're putting in their bodies, the better.

I'm not telling anyone what to eat. But sometimes people need to be told. The more people are informed of the sh*t they're putting in their bodies, the better.

Reminds me of that old joke.

How do you know someone has an iPhone? They'll tell you.

People are well informed enough to make their own decisions without people trying to shove veganism down their throats. Guess what? I ****in love steak, I love burgers. I also love vegetables and fruit. I don't need do-gooders throwing up billboards on the sides of the roads telling me to stop eating pig and cow because its not gonna happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eating healthy food is a fad?

You don't have to be a vegan to eat healthy food. It's not that difficult to understand.

Sentence two contradicts sentence one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note: back on topic please. Create a new thread if you wish to discuss further.

• Advertisement

Ballyseedy Cafe opened up in the Dairygold Co-op in Raheen. Was full when I was in the Co-Op earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ballyseedy Cafe opened up in the Dairygold Co-op in Raheen. Was full when I was in the Co-Op earlier

Was that to replace the existing café in there?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Was that to replace the existing café in there?

Yes. Looks like they did a really nice job on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Yes. Looks like they did a really nice job on it too

Is it vegan though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There appears to be clearance work underway in the long vacant former Bank of Scotland/Halifax/Cerberus offices at the corner of Shannon Street and Henry Street.

Next door, Aidan Brooks has applied for planning permission to change the 3 empty adjoining retail units in to office accommodation. It looks like there's a tenant lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Is it vegan though?

Era sure that's only a fad....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Is it vegan though?

They do chips and coke :D

I wonder why they changed cafe owners at the dairy gold coop? Anytime I was down that way the cafe was always busy and had a good selection of decent food

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The papers have come off the window in the old Gasta/Kranks unit on Thomas St. Hopefully something is happening in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gozunda wrote: »
    They do chips and coke that's vegan :D

don't think so, i think there's a certain amount of animal fat contained in coke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The papers have come off the window in the old Gasta/Kranks unit on Thomas St. Hopefully something is happening in there.

There's been people in there recently. Hopefully it's being prepped for a new occupier. It must be empty for 3 years at this point.

Advertisement