Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Vanquished wrote: »
    Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The papers have come off the window in the old Gasta/Kranks unit on Thomas St. Hopefully something is happening in there.

There's been people in there recently. Hopefully it's being prepped for a new occupier. It must be empty for 3 years at this point.

Ya it's been closed since another faddy healthy eating place went to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

fryup wrote: »
    don't think so, i think there's a certain amount of animal fat contained in coke

Nope. No animal bits in Coke according to the company itself. Sure that nearly makes it a health drink :D

https://www.coca-cola.ie/faq/coca-cola-drinks-suitable-for-vegans-and-vegetarians#ath

Seems some like Ki Ora have some fishy extracts but sure that probably be nearly the same as going for a swim in Kilkee!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Looks like Hook & Ladder have started operating in Dooradoyle from today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Looks like Hook & Ladder have started operating in Dooradoyle from today anyway.

I would hate to see the levels of debt that business is carrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Moon Dice wrote: »

Really? Where in Dooradoyle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Really? Where in Dooradoyle?

Where Verona was, across from the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

kilburn wrote: »
    I would hate to see the levels of debt that business is carrying

What makes you say that?

Umekichi wrote: »
    Where Verona was, across from the hospital

Gradual transition from what I gather

jjoconoor wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

The obvious consequences for suppliers etc if it goes wrong

Not sustainable to open that many outlets in a small area considering when half the people on this forum have had bad experiences one thing if it was michelin star perfection every time

Each fitout will cost a decent chunk of change too

kilburn wrote: »
    The obvious consequences for suppliers etc if it goes wrong

Not sustainable to open that many outlets in a small area considering when half the people on this forum have had bad experiences one thing if it was michelin star perfection every time

Each fitout will cost a decent chunk of change too

Must say people on here always see the negative.

According to in house signage in their Shannon store they now employ ivee 100 employees in the region, no kudus for that? Seems like begrudgers in fine flow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

According to in house signage in their Shannon store they now employ ivee 100 employees in the region, no kudus for that? Seems like begrudgers in fine flow

I think they burned a lot of bridges in their previous business in this town hence the bad taste. It must be hard to see an ex customer whom may have stung you pulling up outside their new premises in a €160k new BMW M5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I think they burned a lot of bridges in their previous business in this town hence the bad taste. It must be hard to see an ex customer whom may have stung you pulling up outside their new premises in a €160k new BMW M5.

Are they gone from town then?

Not begrduging you are obviously unaware of their history

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Glenomra

NCBI opening a large shop in William Street...for children's gear. Profits will contribute to their chief executive's salary of circa 120,000 euro and his fellow Dublin based administrative staff. Certain charities are destroying local businesses to support Dublin based chariities. Good opportunists.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How is a charity shop destroying local business?

Are they gone from town then?

No. They used to own instore which when it went bust left a lot of people out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Had lunch in Hook & Ladder in Raheen. Tasty. Same menu. Same staff with one or two coming from the one in town to transition probably. All they've changed so far decor wise are the chairs.

No. They used to own instore which when it went bust left a lot of people out of pocket.

Like a lot of businesses around Ireland? Can’t see how that should affect people now

Anyway in my opinion it’s great to see a limerick success story regardless of history.

Like a lot of businesses around Ireland? Can’t see how that should affect people now

Anyway in my opinion it’s great to see a limerick success story regardless of history.

I couldn't agree more, it was more of an observation rather than my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

160k?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    160k?

Ya they start at something eye watering like that

Coqbull opening in Castletroy shopping centre, what was originally meant for ramen(old car shop unit next to meadows entrance)

Mc Love wrote: »
    160k?

Price starts at €151,000 ex works. Look the best of luck to them, they tried something that has clicked for them and is working out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Cafe opened in Jetland, an island cafe in the middle of the huge lobby space. Can't imagine the existing cafe in the corner are too thrilled about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

osarusan wrote: »
    Cafe opened in Jetland, an island cafe in the middle of the huge lobby space. Can't imagine the existing cafe in the corner are too thrilled about it.

Owned by Dunnes they don't give a toss about their tenants it seems

sioda wrote: »
    Owned by Dunnes they don't give a toss about their tenants it seems

Do Dunnes own the whole shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Do Dunnes own the whole shopping centre?

Yup as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Dunnes have a planning application in for a licensed restaurant for the Jetland too. Also their James Whelan butchers concession is opening out there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Interesting. It was a fairly small and narrow store, but it didn't have an upstars to it didn't it?

Some nice food options there now.

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Interesting. It was a fairly small and narrow store, but it didn't have an upstars to it didn't it?

Some nice food options there now.

Out there today and a mezzanine built

Advertisement