Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Anyone know when the Apache Pizza on the Ennis Road will open? It's where the Rios used to be beside Apple Greens. The signs have been up for weeks but haven't found out when it will open.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

pigtown wrote: »
    Dunnes have a planning application in for a licensed restaurant for the Jetland too. Also their James Whelan butchers concession is opening out there

I wonder will Sheridan's follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I wonder will Sheridan's follow?

I believe that is planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not Limerick, but it be another option for people in Caherdavin/Ennis Rd/Bunratty etc -

OMNIPLEX SECURE PERMISSION FOR 6-SCREEN CINEMA AT SKYCOURT, SHANNON
    https://www.shannonchamber.ie/omniplex-secure-permission-for-6-screen-cinema-at-skycourt-shannon/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Hasn't that cinema been under construction for the last year? The announcement is about an expansion of screens from X to 6?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hasn't that cinema been under construction for the last year? The announcement is about an expansion of screens from X to 6?

Yeah, the upstairs section where the food court used to be has been closed with signs up for the cinema for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mr E wrote: »
    Not Limerick, but it be another option for people in Caherdavin/Ennis Rd/Bunratty etc -

OMNIPLEX SECURE PERMISSION FOR 6-SCREEN CINEMA AT SKYCOURT, SHANNON
    https://www.shannonchamber.ie/omniplex-secure-permission-for-6-screen-cinema-at-skycourt-shannon/

That’s supposed to be open by now.

I think the story is that they revised the plan and made it bigger. I remain skeptical as to its viability but am still happy to see more amenities in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Anyone know when the Apache Pizza on the Ennis Road will open? It's where the Rios used to be beside Apple Greens. The signs have been up for weeks but haven't found out when it will open.Thanks

Great . Another junk food shop. I suppose there’s a “market” for it, so we must have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You don't have to go in there if you don't like it, it's really that simple. I don't frequent these places that much but jesus I'm not lecturing others about it. Why do you feel it's your duty to keep harping on about the same thing here? Get over yourself and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

second branch of coqbull opening in limerick in coming weeks according to owner on down to business on newstalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

yogalady wrote: »
    second branch of coqbull opening in limerick in coming weeks according to owner on down to business on newstalk

Yeah castletroy sc mentioned a few posts back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I heard it was open today when my OH drove past. They were almost certain

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Ok so can we keep it on topic. Rant off on another thread if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mattkenn48

kilburn wrote: »
    The obvious consequences for suppliers etc if it goes wrong

Not sustainable to open that many outlets in a small area considering when half the people on this forum have had bad experiences one thing if it was michelin star perfection every time

Each fitout will cost a decent chunk of change too

Their company is unlimited so this time around they would be personally liable for all debts not that anything will happen it’s a solid biz

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mattkenn48

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The papers have come off the window in the old Gasta/Kranks unit on Thomas St. Hopefully something is happening in there.

The people from the buttery supposably 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Mattkenn48 wrote:
    Their company is unlimited so this time around they would be personally liable for all debts not that anything will happen it’s a solid biz

Totally disagree with that how many coffee shops have they now in a 15 mile radius ?

In Dublin that would be fine but not in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

An Bord Pleanala granted permission to a new stand alone restaurant between the new restaurants (Milano's etc) and McDonalds at the Crescent for which a "global restaurant chain" will occupy. I wonder who that might be.........

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/304441.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ongarboy wrote: »
    An Bord Pleanala granted permission to a new stand alone restaurant between the new restaurants (Milano's etc) and McDonalds at the Crescent for which a "global restaurant chain" will occupy. I wonder who that might be.........

nando&spencers providers of high quality monorails to five guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

ongarboy wrote: »

Well if that's true, then we'll be getting the monorail anyday now and M&S will surely be here by Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Having just discovered shake shack in my new city I pray that it will be them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Zucar a used car place run by Joe Duffy is rumoured to be opening in the old Audi showroom in Castletroy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nando's is coming to the Crescent. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/477337/revealed-the-top-restaurant-chain-coming-to-limerick.html#.XXn5v54-yc0.twitter
    A spokesperson for Nando’s told the Leader on Tuesday said that they have been looking at the area “for a long time”.

“We can’t wait to start working on the new restaurant which will open in 2020.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Nando's is coming to the Crescent. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/477337/revealed-the-top-restaurant-chain-coming-to-limerick.html#.XXn5v54-yc0.twitter

We're only a Five Guys and a M&S away from a monorail... Its all coming together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pebbletroy

source wrote: »
    We're only a Five Guys and a M&S away from a monorail... Its all coming together!

Front page news in the Leader!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

July 2020 - You'll be waiting a while for your variations of the same chicken dishes. :D

Local media to be plagued with "cheeky nandos" for the time being no doubt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I still laugh whenever I think back on the hoax Facebook page a few years ago. The drifter was particularly furious about it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I still laugh whenever I think back on the hoax Facebook page a few years ago. The drifter was particularly furious about it. :D

Never liked that drifter fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So is the M&S that was definitely definitely happening in Arthur’s Quay still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

As overated as Five Guys. Give me Shake Shack any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

As overated as Five Guys. Give me Shake Shack any day of the week.

I really fail to see the attraction with Five Guys. Have been there a few times and nope. Just VERY overpriced bog standard burgers and chips.
    If I fancy burger and chips, it's a chicken fillet sandwich and garlic & cheese chip from Supermacs from me.

Enzo's for proper chipper chips.

Advertisement