Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

banie01 wrote: »
    Indeed if the bar hasn't traded as a bar in the previous 365 days further issues on the validity of the license are introduced.

That is factually incorrect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I see grove bar in corbally is to be relaunched as ark tavern. People who run the cauldron bar are doing it. That's a blast from the past. It's on the cauldron bar Facebook page.

Seriously scummy pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

bigpink wrote: »
    Seriously scummy pubs

And bigpink is BACK :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Coqbull are opening a second restaurant in Limerick, think out in Castletroy

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Coqbull are opening a second restaurant in Limerick, think out in Castletroy

It is Castletroy, the owner was on Newstalk a few weeks ago and confirmed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It’s in the Castletroy shopping center where that old car accessories shop used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

A new card factory shop going into the old eir unit on Cruises Street and a let by sign on the old Thorntons shop as well. Also see a fit out on the old ladbrokes on upper William Street so all good things tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

sioda wrote: »
    A new card factory shop going into the old eir unit on Cruises Street and a let by sign on the old Thorntons shop as well. Also see a fit out on the old ladbrokes on upper William Street so all good things tbh

Will the card shop be a long term presence or just in for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Will the card shop be a long term presence or just in for Christmas?
    From the gut job they are doing looks like a permanent set up otherwise it would have been freestanding displays

When is the card factory opening anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

When is the card factory opening anyone know?
    28th Oct, possibly sooner depending on staff

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shanmo

Calender Club opening in Arthur's Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shanmo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know who or what the tenant is going into the units/office at the corner of Shannon & Henry st.?

shanmo wrote: »

Told my boyfriend straight away he said he wants a Britney Spears Calander and a dog calander

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

I was in jetland today and noticed several planning permission signs up, and work going on in several of the vacant units.
    Catherdavin post office is moving in next to the chemist, where golden discs was.
    The clothes store next to dunnes had a sign about it being split into two units, one being an offlicense, the other a "store".
    Apparently all the units are being opened up, which should make it more then just "dunnes" like it has been for so long.
    Also doing work downstairs where the bathrooms were, as well as on the upper levels where the massive wall was in the carpark.
    Didnt see this mentioned, so apologies if repeating something already posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was talking to a lad working in the jetland and he said Dunnes are opening a restaurant, nail bar, hair dressers and more. Dunnes themselves seem to be taking over the use of the units that are vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was talking to a lad working in the jetland and he said Dunnes are opening a restaurant, nail bar, hair dressers and more. Dunnes themselves seem to be taking over the use of the units that are vacant.

Well I’d say they’d struggle to find external tenants after the way they treated some of their previous tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sign up on the window of Smyths on childers Rd about splitting it into 2 units, if i read it correctly.

Sign up on the window of Smyths on childers Rd about splitting it into 2 units, if i read it correctly.

Yeah and to remove the mezzanine. I heard smyths are moving up to the Parkway so Childers Road probably hoping you fill the unit with two clothes stores which wouldn’t need as much space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Parkway Shopping Centre or the place by Homebase? Strange move. Ample space in Childers Road you would think.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The Parkway Shopping Centre or the place by Homebase? Strange move. Ample space in Childers Road you would think.

Retail Park in where Toys R Us/Reid Furniture used to be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

They're moving into the vacant unit next to TK Maxx in the Parkway Retail Park. Lack of space is apparently the issue in Childers Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They're moving into the vacant unit next to TK Maxx in the Parkway Retail Park. Lack of space is apparently the issue in Childers Road.

It always struck me as a huge unit, I worked there when it first opened and it was massive but being in there today it all feels very cluttered.

Yeah they definitely need more space I usually go sock rock to Smyths but was passing and got Luigi mansion 3 today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not technically a new business, but the revamped Dunnes in the Jetland is seriously impressive imho......well worth a look if you're fed up pushing the trolley the same set of dull carbon copy supermarkets

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

On the Jetland Dunnes - The new concession bits are great and very welcome- the bakery/ butcher/ cheese etc. BUT found the rest of it far narrower than it used to be ( which was always the bonus for me in that I hate navigating around in tiny aisles shops with a trolley or a buggy. And it's far darker. Also, queue areas up around the tills get seriously packed if its just a little bit busy, far more so than they used to as its about 1.5 metres narrower . It may not yet be finished, but they keep moving things around during the refit - randomly almost. One week it's here, the next it's somewhere else, the next week its moved again. Infuriating.
    Seriously considering going elsewhere ( normally used to do Lidl and Dunnes on the same afternoon as they are side by side )
    GRRRRRRRR.

Also, a nail bar ? Peak notions. Ben Dunne would spin in his grave.... were he deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I've heard that Galway Bay Brewery have pulled out of The Wickham Tap, and the lads that were managing it, are now leasing the place from them so it wont be Craft / GBB beers exclusively anymore. They already have Heineken, Fosters, etc on tap. Not sure if they will keep the name or change it.. Best of luck to them though, hopefully they can make a success if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

damowill wrote: »
    I've heard that Galway Bay Brewery have pulled out of The Wickham Tap, and the lads that were managing it, are now leasing the place from them so it wont be Craft / GBB beers exclusively anymore. They already have Heineken, Fosters, etc on tap. Not sure if they will keep the name or change it.. Best of luck to them though, hopefully they can make a success if it.

Loved their craft beers but an exclusively craft beer pub was going to be very difficult to keep open in limerick. They could do with a better seating arrangement too. Hopefully they'll still have a few GGB beers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

damowill wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear that, but not overly surprised. On the few occasions I was in there, it was fairly quiet. They probably found it hard to compete with a similar (albeit much superior) offering in Mother Macs down the road.

Advertisement