Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

The Galway bay brewery going into that premises was a bad idea. They would have made a better go in a nicer bar. Not at all surprised it's gone, even though I love their beers, the bar itself had no appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

topcat72 wrote: »
    On the Jetland Dunnes - The new concession bits are great and very welcome- the bakery/ butcher/ cheese etc. BUT found the rest of it far narrower than it used to be ( which was always the bonus for me in that I hate navigating around in tiny aisles shops with a trolley or a buggy. And it's far darker. Also, queue areas up around the tills get seriously packed if its just a little bit busy, far more so than they used to as its about 1.5 metres narrower . It may not yet be finished, but they keep moving things around during the refit - randomly almost. One week it's here, the next it's somewhere else, the next week its moved again. Infuriating.
    Seriously considering going elsewhere ( normally used to do Lidl and Dunnes on the same afternoon as they are side by side )
    GRRRRRRRR.

Also, a nail bar ? Peak notions. Ben Dunne would spin in his grave.... were he deceased.

A serious amount of money spent on the renovations there but I too find it very dark and narrow. Ever since the new tiles were laid there are chips and cracks in them and now there are so many with sticky tape on them its looking very cheap. They are a dull tile too so adds to the overall darkness of the store. I struggle to work out the placement of some of the stuff. Half the cleaning goods are in one place and the rest in another aisle. The new milk shelves look so dirty - dried milk spillages ugh.

The area between the checkouts barely takes the trolley and the sweet racks at the checkout area look very cheap and again, barely enough room to take out a bar.

I'm guessing prices will have to go up to pay for the renovations !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The Galway bay brewery going into that premises was a bad idea. They would have made a better go in a nicer bar. Not at all surprised it's gone, even though I love their beers, the bar itself had no appeal

Awful unattractive bar imo. Went once, not a craft beer person anyway but never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Been there a few times and found it ok. Mother Mac's,. The commercial and Mickey's all pretty close by though. All with similar offerings in what are probably nicer settings.
    Best of luck keeping it going anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Loved their craft beers but an exclusively craft beer pub was going to be very difficult to keep open in limerick. They could do with a better seating arrangement too. Hopefully they'll still have a few GGB beers though.

They still have some GBB beers there, Full Sail and Foam n Fury. Seems they are going for a mix of craft and conventional beers, similar to Mother Macs or Mickeys.

I also heard sometime back, that the Old Fire Station across the road is to be turned into a micro-brewery / pub. Both would feed off each other if that happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Dmchlad

I heard that hertz car sales are opening in Limerick
    Does anyone know where?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The old Singland Motors showroom I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bazz26 wrote: »
    The old Singland Motors showroom I'd imagine.

No, that’s where Zucar are going which is part of the Joe Duffy group.

Hertz are apparently going out where Clareview used to be.

Also Pierse motors are opening in a Unit where Wickes are.

As if Limerick needed another 3 used car dealerships, but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

L-M wrote: »

There'll be more car dealers in Limerick now than there'll be people!

What brand of car will Pierce be selling? VW/Skoda? Tom Hogan won't like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

There is already a place opened where Clareview used to be, Davin car sales I think its called!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Skuxx wrote:
    There is already a place opened where Clareview used to be, Davin car sales I think its called!

Think Avis or an car hire firm are there also didn't think it was hertz

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Skuxx wrote: »

Ya, think the sign says Davin. One of the billboards onsite is for Credit Union car loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I remarked when the cars arrived there that they looked like ex fleet or rental cars. They are hiring for the Sales Position as well online for Hertz just doesn't say the location.

When Clareview were there they also had a car rental desk but was Europcar I think. I think that is now down a Barry Motors.

Hertz have a good few dealerships now about the place. 1 previous owner, 100+ drivers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Any update on Barkade? I passed the old Scott’s building today and it doesn’t look like anything is happening in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Any update on Barkade? I passed the old Scott’s building today and it doesn’t look like anything is happening in there.

They put up a FB post last week saying they are still working on it. Few small hiccups along the way and I’m sure not hitting their kickstarter goal pushed them back a bit also. Signage is gone up on the front according to their latest FB picture.

There is already another used car dealer gone into the old Clareview Motors, - Davin Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Living nearby, loads of work vans outside for the last few weeks. Lots happening in there, no sign of opening date though.

I tried every combination of Hertz to get the planning application, never though of HCS lol.

There is already another used car dealer gone into the old Clareview Motors, - Davin Motors.

4 new garages so. Keep them coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

4 new garages so. Keep them coming.

Bawn Motors really must have been keeping the competition at bay!

the tunes!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Bawn Motors really must have been keeping the competition at bay!

the tunes!! lol

Wonder can I get my hands on the monster truck still in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

zucar opened near my job in cork - impressive place - but hardly ever see anyone there - considering how big a place it is you would think there would be people there all the time looking at cars .

the likes of kearys carstore in cork and Dublin must sell cars more cheaply as always seem busy

I’m heard from others in the industry that the Zucar in Cork is very busy and profitable.

The Joe Duffy group is run by accountants and number crunchers, can assure you they wouldn’t be opening soemtbing if they didn’t see it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Crokers Bar & Restaurant Murroe Gone Sale Agreed. Would be good to have it back open again as a bar or will it be used for another purpose. It’s adjacent to the new Murroe Wood all-weather facility. Could it have been purchased as a clubhouse/pavilion for this. Anyone know anything or can shed any light?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Gone Sale Agreed. Would be good to have it back open again as a bar or will it be used for another purpose. It’s adjacent to the new Murroe Wood all-weather facility. Could it have been purchased as a clubhouse/pavilion for this. Anyone know anything or can shed any light?

You might want to put the name of the place into the body of your post as well. The title doesn't show up on the mobile site. ðŸ‘

Presume Crokers In Murroe

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What will Pierse Motors be selling in limerick?

Isn’t Screwfix going into where Wickes was?

I'd say possibly stuff at the lower or older end of the market they normally take as trade-ins but wouldn't retail themselves. Seems popular these days with the big franchised dealers to setup separate outlets to sell slightly older trade-ins rather than pushing them on to the trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say possibly stuff at the lower or older end of the market they normally take as trade-ins but wouldn't retail themselves. Seems popular these days with the big franchised dealers to setup separate outlets to sell slightly older trade-ins rather than pushing them on to the trade.
    yeah but would they really be constantly moving their used stock from Tipperary or wherever they are?

Advertisement