Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

Just found a facebook page for it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder what vibe they going for

bigpink wrote: »
    Wonder what vibe they going for

A proper pub hopefully. Wouldn't be hard to beat what was there before.

Off topic. Haven't seen you post around here in a while. Nice to have you back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Westward Ho is opening again in early December the group behind Russells and the Hi-way are opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Most of the Zucar signage has gone up on the old Singland motors building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Plans submitted to convert the former Ivan's shop to a "Health & Wellbeing Centre with minor injuries/illness clinic."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Danish furniture and homewares retailer JYSK is opening at the Parkway retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Vanquished wrote: »
    Danish furniture and homewares retailer JYSK is opening at the Parkway retail park.

It's not a bad shop. About time it found itself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Planning gone up on the old wind I’ll bar, to convert half of it to a cafe restaurant and keep the other half as a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭manna452121

Plans submitted to convert the former Ivan's shop to a "Health & Wellbeing Centre with minor injuries/illness clinic."

Now we know were Laya is hoping to go https://www.layahealthcare.ie/clinics/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I noticed recently that Aldi on the Dublin road rarely have shopping baskets stacked inside the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

VHI are opening a Swift Care Clinic as well next year - could be them as well I guess (??)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

YFlyer wrote: »
    I noticed recently that Aldi on the Dublin road rarely have shopping baskets stacked inside the main entrance.

It's a disgrace, Joe.

New phone street on Cruises Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Cartman78 wrote: »
    VHI are opening a Swift Care Clinic as well next year - could be them as well I guess (??)

VHI have put in for planning permission in Raheen. The same building where Spin South West is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Good location IMO, plenty of room for a minor injuries clinic with subdivisions and imaging.
    2 car parks and very easy motorway access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Regardless of the merits of having a Health & Wellbeing Centre in the former Ivan's, imho it would be a shame for the area not to have that location preserved as a retail outlet of some sort, either a proper restaurant (not fast food) or a bespoke shop of some sort.

I know we have three major supermarkets and several fast food outlets nearby, but there is always a demand for the well stocked niche store as the original Ivan's was in it's heyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Comhra wrote: »
    Regardless of the merits of having a Health & Wellbeing Centre in the former Ivan's, imho it would be a shame for the area not to have that location preserved as a retail outlet of some sort, either a proper restaurant (not fast food) or a bespoke shop of some sort.

I know we have three major supermarkets and several fast food outlets nearby, but there is always a demand for the well stocked niche store as the original Ivan's was in it's heyday.

The demand for what was Ivans original format is long gone. The underground carpark in dunnes has multiple access points to weatherproof access to a much larger and varied store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's plenty of retail around there at present. Do you really need an Ivans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

but there is always a demand for the well stocked niche store as the original Ivan's was in it's heyday.

Obviously not, otherwise Ivan's would have remained open.

• Advertisement

The original Ivan's hasn't been that in quite a few years and even if it was a means to be successful, they'd not have failed multiple times.

There is also a Mace, a butcher's and a few other "local" shops @ a 100 metres away from Ivan's that even have bus access.

Ivan's is dead, let it stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Just spotted on FB about another food outlet opening on Denmark street. Called “Chippy Chicken” - looks to be a fast food place that do loaded fried and buttermilk chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

djdunny wrote: »
    Just spotted on FB about another food outlet opening on Denmark street. Called “Chippy Chicken” - looks to be a fast food place that do loaded fried and buttermilk chicken.

Saw an ad on indeed for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Mc Love wrote: »
    Saw an ad on indeed for it

Think it might be the same people as Volcano wings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

sioda wrote: »
    Think it might be the same people as Volcano wings

Hope not. Those wings I cannot understand how the place is still open. Like Aldi wings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any sign of the Level Up place opening in time for Xmas would have been great to bring the relations into it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Any sign of the Level Up place opening in time for Xmas would have been great to bring the relations into it

I drove past the other day and it looks as though there has been absolutely no work done on it. It seems a bit suspect to me tbh, especially the whole fundraising stuff.

Surely it will be open for the Christmas

I drove past the other day and it looks as though there has been absolutely no work done on it. It seems a bit suspect to me tbh, especially the whole fundraising stuff.

In fairness their instagram and facebok show a significant amount of work has been completed and getting close to being ready to go.

They have lost a chef, and this close to Christmas i'd assume any delay will be more staffing related than anything else.

Chefs, barstaff and service staff are very much at a premium for the next couple of weeks and that would quickly put a halt on an opening.
    better to do it staffed correctly, than half ass it and fail.

The fundraising stuff was for specific disability access, not how I'd have gone about it but its a new world for fundraising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

banie01 wrote: »
    In fairness their instagram and facebok show a significant amount of work has been completed and getting close to being ready to go.

They have lost a chef, and this close to Christmas i'd assume any delay will be more staffing related than anything else.

Chefs, barstaff and service staff are very much at a premium for the next couple of weeks and that would quickly put a halt on an opening.
    better to do it staffed correctly, than half ass it and fail.

The fundraising stuff was for specific disability access, not how I'd have gone about it but its a new world for fundraising.

I really really hope I'm wrong because I'm looking forward to it and will be a regular visitor.

Advertisement