Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know if Pandora in O Connell St. is open till 6 or 7pm today?

Open till 6 in Crescent but if 7pm in town that’s ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Pandora in O Connell St. is open till 6 or 7pm today?

Open till 6 in Crescent but if 7pm in town that’s ideal

7 o’clock on St Stephens day? I doubt it. That’s probably their usual hours on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

The Hub bicycle shop opening in Castletroy town Centre. Signage up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

tommy249 wrote: »
    The Hub bicycle shop opening in Castletroy town Centre. Signage up this week

Have heard the golf shop and hook and ladder are moving out between now and March. New management in charge of the shopping center and tried to double the rent for both. Mcgurks are going to the Ballysimon road, not sure where, don’t know about hook and ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Paid my 1st visit to Level UP last night.

Great staff, great selection of beers and games and even some on free play which is always a bonus.

There is still a lot to be done mainly cosmetic, but the drive and the potential is massive.
    Best of luck to Dav09 and all involved with it up there, I really hope the venue gets all the success the effort deserves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Potential boards meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I was thinking of going last night but went to Fennesseys instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

banie01 wrote: »
    Paid my 1st visit to Level UP last night.

Great staff, great selection of beers and games and even some on free play which is always a bonus.

There is still a lot to be done mainly cosmetic, but the drive and the potential is massive.
    Best of luck to Dav09 and all involved with it up there, I really hope the venue gets all the success the effort deserves :)
    Do you know at all what their policy is on kids? Is there a cut off point in the evening like some bars where kids are not allowed? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Townie_P wrote: »
    Do you know at all what their policy is on kids? Is there a cut off point in the evening like some bars where kids are not allowed? Thanks

18s+ atm

They said they’re hoping to trial kids later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Townie_P wrote: »

I think it should be up to the parents to stop buying pints when they think the kid has had enough, surely they'd know the kids capacity for alcohol more than a stranger...... :)

Although seriously I was going to ask the same question. Are kids welcome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They said they might trial it but some morons on facebook had a strop because they wanted to bring their kids in right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Mc Love wrote: »
    They said they might trial it but some morons on facebook had a strop because they wanted to bring their kids in right away.

As if there aren't already a dozen places to bring kids. it would be nice to have a kid free zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Apologies, I don’t know where to post this (not a limerick business opening) - but does dunnes in the Jetland have a branded Japanese/sushi kiosk? I was there before Christmas, but don’t remember seeing one....

would love to pick up some fresh sushi today for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Apologies, I don’t know where to post this (not a limerick business opening) - but does dunnes in the Jetland have a branded Japanese/sushi kiosk? I was there before Christmas, but don’t remember seeing one....

would love to pick up some fresh sushi today for dinner.

It certainly does

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Mc Love wrote: »
    Fair enough. It's a tricky one to get right, you don't want it ending up like Fun World. But they should be able to control that by limiting it to 2 kids per responsible adult and only having certain windows during the week for kids to be allowed on premises. I certainly wouldn't allow groups of kids in there at any point.
    CosmicFool wrote: »
    As if there aren't already a dozen places to bring kids. it would be nice to have a kid free zone.
    True but once things settle down they will have plenty of quiet periods during the week like any other bar. They could use those periods to promote family events etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

It certainly does

Is it a separate brand or dunnes own brand, do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Is it a separate brand or dunnes own brand, do you know?

I _think_ all the "concessions" in the store are all Dunnes but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It’s a separate brand called Sushi Gourmet.

http://www.sushigourmet.co.uk/

They operate in Sainsbury’s in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

i think most of them are franchises actually, that they let out. Like the butcher, and in this case, the sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

phill106 wrote: »
    i think most of them are franchises actually, that they let out. Like the butcher, and in this case, the sushi.

The butchers is owned by Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

It’s a separate brand called Sushi Gourmet.

http://www.sushigourmet.co.uk/

They operate in Sainsbury’s in the UK.

Indeed, I visited one in Auchan-Jumbo in Portimao, Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see that Stryker are recruiting. I'D join if only for the Christmas party!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I see that Stryker are recruiting. I'D join if only for the Christmas party!

last decade called and wants its joke back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

dashoonage wrote: »
    last decade called and wants its joke back.

Some party all the same, 7 sacked and 23 suspended after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Cardshop opening in the Parkway (a few doors up from Gamestop).
    They have a sign up, and builders are working inside.

I think Easons cards are very bland, so this is good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mr E wrote: »
    New Cardshop opening in the Parkway (a few doors up from Gamestop).
    They have a sign up, and builders are working inside.

I think Easons cards are very bland, so this is good to see.

Is it "The Card Factory" I wonder? I was in the one that opened in Cruises St recently and one of the staff members was saying to me that there was going to be more than one in Limerick, but she wasn't sure whether the other one was going to be. Chances are that might be it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Some party all the same, 7 sacked and 23 suspended after it.

Is that actually true though or just rumours? Because the videos sent around on WhatsApp along with the screenshots of the stories weren't even related to the party, they were just random videos. And multiple girls slitting their wrists at a Christmas party? Some people would believe any gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

how is Cruise street these days ? many empty shops ?

what about the Rugby museum , is work taking place on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

goochy wrote: »
    how is Cruise street these days ? many empty shops ?

what about the Rugby museum , is work taking place on it ?

Cruises street is still ****e. Still has Argos and new look river island etc etc. Still a dirty street with druggies about. The rugby museum is being constructed. You can't really see what's going on inside but the old building is gone and I reckon they're laying or finishing off the foundations.

Advertisement