Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

The council are investigating taking the old Instore premises nearby as a temporary home for the offices currently in the Granary when/if ( delete as appropriate) the Opera development gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Mama Lees reopening after being closed for about 6 weeks- 11am Thurs 6th according to Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another Tattoo shop is after opening on Sarsfield St! WTF?!

From what I know of there's two on Shannon St, one on Cecil St, one on Roches St, one on Wickham St, two on Thomas St. There's probably more. Do we really need that many tattoo parlours

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mc Love wrote: »

From what I know of there's two on Shannon St, one on Cecil St, one on Roches St, one on Wickham St, two on Thomas St. There's probably more. Do we really need that many tattoo parlours

Well if there's that many and they're all staying open, then there's obviously a market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The shop (previously Plaza Express Coffee Dock) in Ballysimon Road Northern Trust is being replaced by a Centra. Due to open by the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The new one is Hard Knox, they've been in business for years but moved premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The shop (previously Plaza Express Coffee Dock) in Ballysimon Road Northern Trust is being replaced by a Centra. Due to open by the end of the week.

Had Plaza Express been closed for a while?

It’s Ryan’s Centra (O’Connell Street and Lower William Street) opening the Centra

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It’s Ryan’s Centra (O’Connell Street and Lower William Street) opening the Centra

They have raheen also I believe. Good to see they're making it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Only closed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭d1980

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Only closed last week.

To be fair, I believe they have relocated somewhere over near delta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

d1980 wrote:
    To be fair, I believe they have relocated somewhere over near delta

I believe so but not sure where exactly.

They closed last Friday so it was turned around in less than a week. New Centra is open this morning I believe.

The previous shop has moved to where Sano used to be in the Delta Sportsdome. It will definitely retain it's core customer base of people around the Ballysimon Road area.

They closed last Friday so it was turned around in less than a week. New Centra is open this morning I believe.

The previous shop has moved to where Sano used to be in the Delta Sportsdome. It will definitely retain it's core customer base of people around the Ballysimon Road area.

Is that not where Arrabica have opened?

Is that not where Arrabica have opened?
    Same ownership, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Same ownership, no?

Yep, same staff too. If one shop was short they'd rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

MarkR wrote: »
    They have raheen also I believe. Good to see they're making it work.

Deli section is far too small at the moment with how they redone the shop. Plaza Express would have 3-4 staff on sandwiches and at least another 1 on hot food.

Theres no canteen in Northern Trust so theres a captive audience of several hundred people looking for lunch each day. They've also reduced the seating area which means a few people will be heading elsewhere for lunch because they want to be out of the office for their break.

As someone said earlier, the regulars of Plaza will more than likely be going to the new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That's a shame. My wife works in the area and would head there as choice in the area is limited. Did they put in a salad counter like O'Connell Street or William Street(lower)? That is always popular.

Deli section is far too small at the moment with how they redone the shop. Plaza Express would have 3-4 staff on sandwiches and at least another 1 on hot food.

Theres no canteen in Northern Trust so theres a captive audience of several hundred people looking for lunch each day. They've also reduced the seating area which means a few people will be heading elsewhere for lunch because they want to be out of the office for their break.

As someone said earlier, the regulars of Plaza will more than likely be going to the new location.

It's mad that NT dont have their own canteen especially with that new build. Nordic Aviation has an impressive canteen, its almost like a restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

The traffic going into and out of Northern Trust is insane. Public Transport service in this area is badly needed. At the moment people have no alternative but to drive there. And the car park... Wow... humongous....

damowill wrote: »
    The traffic going into and out of Northern Trust is insane. Public Transport service in this area is badly needed. At the moment people have no alternative but to drive there. And the car park... Wow... humongous....

The green bus stops right outside the door going in both directions.

I pass the place just after 8am and around 5pm and frankly the traffic is heavy because of those heading towards Castletroy area. I've never been delayed by people heading into Northern Trust/AMCS but the green bus caused temporary gridlock on the roundabout this morning because it's the bendy bus and it didn't fit the bus stop.

• Advertisement

There is quite a delay at the roundabout each morning due to a build-up of traffic going into Northern Trust. They recently installed speed bumps which considerably slows down entry into the car park as cars slow and/or let people walk across.

The whole structure is a mess, with so many cars having to use the same entry/exit at peak times each morning and night. It will never be possible, but a slip road from the motorway to NT/Groody would alleviate a huge amount of pressure on the Ballysimon Road.

The original drawings/billboards of that area did show along where the big car park is now that there was meant to be an entire other building the size of Northern Trust. Cant' seem to find the oldest ones showing the other buildings but here is one anyway from 2015

It's an awkward link to an image which downloads a PDF, in case you get a shock thinking I've linked a virus or something :D

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos-a.propertyimages.ie%2Fmedia%2F0%2F7%2F8%2F3133870%2Fe3c760a6-8ec3-477e-9923-9aa87ac51dc3.pdf&psig=AOvVaw3V5MmyeQt_iV8x5iAtVtBi&ust=1581090153722000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPCgtYGivecCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

You could cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's mad that NT dont have their own canteen especially with that new build. Nordic Aviation has an impressive canteen, its almost like a restaurant

Do you work there or did you manage to get a sneak peak? I went there as part of OpenHouse and the tour was brutal.

The Council should never have allowed the building to be extended. It goes against their city centre first strategy and has caused massive congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

A lot of traffic turning on the roundabout to the Groody Road is heading to Plassey and UL.
    It was much better for most of January when UL were on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You could cycle?

From Nenagh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could cycle?

Not much use to the people who work in the area but live outside Limerick and use the likes of the M7 and N24. UL traffic doesn't help either and traffic will only get worse when they eventually build that new school across from NT.

Economy is improved and more people in employment here now than 10 years ago so naturally more cars on the road commuting. Public transport hasn't improved either and neither has accommodation so people have little choice other than commuting from further away. It's a national problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Way off topic once again.

Do you work there or did you manage to get a sneak peak? I went there as part of OpenHouse and the tour was brutal.

Walked down Post Office Lane one day and could see in. They have the windows all greyed out now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Limerick Business Opening?

Advertisement