Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Cleaned this up. Can we stick to topic please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Flat and green opening on Henry street in hanging gardehs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jjoconoor wrote: »

What's flat and green?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mc Love wrote: »
    What's flat and green?

It’s either a cafe, vape shop or phone repair place. I’m going with cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

What's flat and green?

A pool table 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s either a cafe, vape shop or phone repair place. I’m going with cafe.

The unit on the corner of Mallow St. and Henry St. was designed as a coffee shop/cafe, so one was always going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

jjoconoor wrote: »

What’s hanging gardehs?

What’s hanging gardehs?

Old name for Gardens International

There apparently used to be an actual hanging gardens there back in the day
    0-B3-F2368-869-C-4507-A39-C-C04-F0-F37-E8-BF.jpg

Maybe you’re just being clever about the misspelling, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Gardens international sounds like a serious shady landscaping contractors.

you know the type....two lads with one lawnmower with a 17 million turnover every year.

The unit on the corner of Mallow St. and Henry St. was designed as a coffee shop/cafe, so one was always going in there.

Lower Glentworth St? Its a bit of a weird unit though for a coffee shop, but wasnt it Hook & Ladder meant to be going in there? Maybe this is their offshoot Flat & Green

• Advertisement

Their Facebook page was only created a few weeks ago

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Zu car supermarket opening in the former Audi dealership in singland. Doing some car shopping myself now, so I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

What's flat and green?
    Anyone have an answer to this? Is it a cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Looks like there is a new BBQ place opening in Flannerys on Denmark street.

https://www.facebook.com/thetastybbq/

I see 7sins, who were operating in there, had a post up a few weeks ago saying that they had to close but didn’t give any reason. I can only assume that they won’t return given the latest announcement of the BBQ crowd opening in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The former Laura Ashley unit on Henry Street has been let and a fit-out is underway.

The locks were being changed on the old Greene's Cafe premises on Little Catherine Street the other day. Hopefully it's indicative of some movement towards bringing it back in to use.

Passed by the vacant unit on the corner of Henry St. and Bedford Row at the weekend where, as a previous poster mentioned, Spitjack are moving in to. In fairness to them, they look to have done a really good job fitting-out the unit (nice frontage anyway) and it will be a welcome addition to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Site clearance work has begun adjacent to the Clondrinagh Roundabout.

Would assume for this service station:

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/17420/0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Passed by the vacant unit on the corner of Henry St. and Bedford Row at the weekend where, as a previous poster mentioned, Spitjack are moving in to. In fairness to them, they look to have done a really good job fitting-out the unit (nice frontage anyway) and it will be a welcome addition to the street.

I was only thinking this on Saturday as I was passing it. It looks really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

source wrote: »
    I was only thinking this on Saturday as I was passing it. It looks really well.

If they are same windows as used in their cork restaurant they can open fully when the weather allows. It creates a nice atmosphere, especially on a pedestrian street.

Lets hope its not the windows facing on to Henry st or they'll be getting a nice bit of fumes in the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Dmchlad

Site clearance work has begun adjacent to the Clondrinagh Roundabout.

Would assume for this service station:

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/17420/0

Would it be for hertz car sales

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Any idea what's going into the unit that used to be formula of fun at rhebogue beside sullivans pharmacy. Walking past it yesterday and alot of work seems to be going on in there. There was blue lining put up windows so can't see in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Vanquished wrote: »
    The former Laura Ashley unit on Henry Street has been let and a fit-out is underway.

The locks were being changed on the old Greene's Cafe premises on Little Catherine Street the other day. Hopefully it's indicative of some movement towards bringing it back in to use.

I had a look this morning and the Laura Ashley shop is being turned into offices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I had a look this morning and the Laura Ashley shop is being turned into offices.

Wholly disappointing but not unsurprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is there something being built up from Tiernan’s Nissan begins Harvey Norman’s? The ditch seem to be cleared and fencing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

L-M wrote: »
    Is there something being built up from Tiernan’s Nissan begins Harvey Norman’s? The ditch seem to be cleared and fencing up

An Irish Water laboratory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I see the signage for Smyths has gone up next to TK Maxx when is the transfer over from childers road happening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Any idea when Jysk is opening?

Any idea when Jysk is opening?
    Didn't even know they were opening. Whereabouts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Didn't even know they were opening. Whereabouts?

Next to Smyths(new) and TKmaxx. Signage is up over the door already.

Was in the one in Portlaoise. It's okay, nothing special. Did buy a few things for very little money but quality isn't amazing. A smaller and lower end Ikea in my opinion.

Advertisement