Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

According to a Live95fm article from a few weeks back, it’s due to open on the 26th of March but that could have changed since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Didn't even know they were opening. Whereabouts?

Parkway Retail Park, between Smyths & Homefocus

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Any idea what's going into the unit that used to be formula of fun at rhebogue beside sullivans pharmacy. Walking past it yesterday and alot of work seems to be going on in there. There was blue lining put up windows so can't see in.

Finally found out what this place is. Polonez. New Polish supermarket. Think there is one of them out childers road already. Not sure what they like. They only put sign up a few days ago. Builders still working away inside it!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Finally found out what this place is. Polonez. New Polish supermarket. Think there is one of them out childers road already. Not sure what they like. They only put sign up a few days ago. Builders still working away inside it!!.

They’re quite good, interesting shop, I like the one in Blackpool.Very good butchers/deli with interesting stuff that would be popular in Eastern Europe.
    Prices are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Pretty sure it's next to Brendan Walsh tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep.
    It’s like going on holiday!

New one is opening today apparently..
    https://m.facebook.com/polonez.ireland/

Yes on Childers Road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are they allowed work?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

bigpink wrote: »
    Are they allowed work?

Didn't think they were allowed. Thought construction was stopped. But saw builders coming in and out of there only few days ago.

Are they allowed work?

Surely they closing in Roxboro so

• Advertisement

Didn't think they were allowed. Thought construction was stopped. But saw builders coming in and out of there only few days ago.

Prob using polish workers so doubt they would care

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Prob using polish workers so doubt they would care

That's some conclusion you are jumping to there.

You seem to have similar thoughts about kebab shops in the past.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A food store is an essential business, therefore getting it open would be considered an essential project. Construction on essential projects is allowed.

Surely they closing in Roxboro so

Why? If Aldi can run two stores in the same locations so can Polenz.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note: last 2 posts deleted. Absolutely nothing to do with businesses opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Anyone else hear the rumour going around that the lady behind Badass Burritos is opening a new place called Manchu Wok? Asian fusion I guess.

Anyone else hear the rumour going around that the lady behind Badass Burritos is opening a new place called Manchu Wok? Asian fusion I guess.

Will probably only open for 5 hours a week if true

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Hopefully she'll have learned a thing or two if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a new restaurant on upper William St. called Mamma Mia. Not sure if it's open yet.

They have a tasty looking pizza oven at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There's a new restaurant on upper William St. called Mamma Mia. Not sure if it's open yet.

They have a tasty looking pizza oven at the front.
    Full wood fired oven according to the lads in Butlers butchers across the street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I see there is a Mamma Mia in Newcastlwest. I assume it's the same people.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I see there is a Mamma Mia in Newcastlwest. I assume it's the same people.

Why? It’s a fairly generic name for a pizza place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Why? It’s a fairly generic name for a pizza place.

Fairly generic alright but two Mamma Mia's both with a Limerick address I don't think is a far stretch to think it might be the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

tommy249 wrote: »

ESB site on Roche's At?
    Do you mean Telecom Eireann site? Or the old piggery site?
    I don't know where ESB were on Roche's st?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

banie01 wrote: »
    ESB site on Roche's At?
    Do you mean Telecom Eireann site? Or the old piggery site?
    I don't know where ESB were on Roche's st?

Fixed the original post - it’s the telecom site. Where is the piggery site? Never heard of it!

Edit - Googled the piggery - learn something new everyday - https://www.thejournal.ie/bacon-factories-limerick-3229226-Feb2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

tommy249 wrote: »

Oh interesting. It would probably take a few years if the Shannon one is 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Anybody know whats happening with Nellys Corner. Specifically on the rooftop, they are building something?

damowill wrote: »
    Anybody know whats happening with Nellys Corner. Specifically on the rooftop, they are building something?

There is a planning application for an apartment to be built on the roof at the lower section at rear of the building, which would be hidden behind the outer wall. Although a look a the council website says they haven't been granted planning permission yet. Planning ref 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Not being built on the lower section by the looks of it. Thought that building was falling down.

Advertisement