Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sarahbeep! is going to be delighted! :D

Why?? :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Why?? :P

I was sure it was yourself who was giving out when they closed their shop in the Crescent. Might be getting myself confused though! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was sure it was yourself who was giving out when they closed their shop in the Crescent. Might be getting myself confused though! :o

Yup!! :P

Wouldn't mind a proper Starbucks (I'm sure PoxyShamrock would agree!!)

Costa is right across the road from our gaff so it's not all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Yes! A Starbucks is badly needed!

Although Gloria Jeans will do for now! Anyone any idea when it's opening?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Something like a javas or jack mondays is needed.they should be incentives for sole traders to open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i would love starbucks - the coffee in jack mondays isnt great at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

bigpink wrote: »
    A good independent coffee shop like javas is needed

In fairness there are a few... what about Arabica?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was in the Starbucks in Microsoft up in Dublin a few times. Imo it's overrated with prices to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Something like a javas or jack mondays is needed.they should be incentives for sole traders to open

There is a rates rebate scheme towards fit out costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

In fairness there are a few... what about Arabica?

Best thing to happen limerick...ever...period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Best thing to happen limerick...ever...period.

The manager of Arabica here, and we have just had refit and update of the menu, we are still using the Elektra Retro machine and Blue-earth blend supplied by Java republic, we have also had more coffee training for staff. Call in and say hello, I am there all week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Nice coffee but too small
    A nice hang out kinda cafe would be cool doesnt have to be the finest and most expensive coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Any idea when this peckish place is opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Nice coffee but too small
    A nice hang out kinda cafe would be cool doesnt have to be the finest and most expensive coffee

Good coffee is the first thing any cafe should get right imo - I will forgive a lot if the coffee is top and the price is reasonable - Arabica do both.

Good to see Gloria Jeans opening though - new jobs/business always good (sorry Birdie! but don't worry from what I remember they are on the pricey side so you will probably be safe :))

i love coffee where is this arabica coffee shop-have to try it - i agree i would pay a little more for nice coffee. i thought gloria jeans was a little over priced to be honest. i cant wait to try this arabica coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

maryk123 wrote: »
    i love coffee where is this arabica coffee shop-have to try it - i agree i would pay a little more for nice coffee. i thought gloria jeans was a little over priced to be honest. i cant wait to try this arabica coffee.

In old Cornstore building (ground floor) on Shannon Street, nr. traffic signals at corner of Henry St./Shannon St. down from Myles Breens pub and opposite former Bank of Scotland building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Birdie086 wrote: »
    The manager of Arabica here, and we have just had refit and update of the menu, we are still using the Elektra Retro machine and Blue-earth blend supplied by Java republic, we have also had more coffee training for staff. Call in and say hello, I am there all week.

Can't come in and say hello for a while (am in London), so this is just a virtual hello. I'm an occasional customer though, and I was pleased with the refit when I visited about ten days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Rococo open on Thomas Street. Also has a shop in Adare.
    Work going on in the unit beside Meteor on William St. but no signs up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

pigtown wrote: »
    Rococo open on Thomas Street. Also has a shop in Adare.
    Work going on in the unit beside Meteor on William St. but no signs up yet.
    What do Rococo sell in Adare? Is it a clothing shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Gallee wrote: »
    What do Rococo sell in Adare? Is it a clothing shop?

Shoes I think.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

OK I went to Arabica for coffee today and I have to agree its pretty decent coffee. Only problem is location I wouldnt be at that side of town and you cant double park outside. its lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Boston Barbers opening in The Crescent SC.

They've a good few shops around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

New all-you-can-eat buffet place on William St. One Potato, two Potato. €7.99. Looks to be mostly chinese style food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The Danish fashion retailer “ONLY” plan to open a new store in Limerick by March 13th. (Irish Times)

Hopefully in the city centre. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The Danish fashion retailer “ONLY” plan to open a new store in Limerick by March 13th. (Irish Times)

Hopefully in the city centre. :)

Great news :) I love their clothes, and wouldn't mind a job there either!

Win win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Parcel Motel supposed to be opening. Had a quick look, afaik it wasn't mentioned, I've been bad to keep up with things, so sorry if it's a double post.

OP

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country. This pic shows 4 arriving at our Depot in Limerick. Here's the installation schedule (Please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations).

Week ending 9th November: ... Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sera wrote: »
    Parcel Motel supposed to be opening. Had a quick look, afaik it wasn't mentioned, I've been bad to keep up with things, so sorry if it's a double post.

OP

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country. This pic shows 4 arriving at our Depot in Limerick. Here's the installation schedule (Please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations).

Week ending 9th November: ... Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick ...

Wow, that sounds like a great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Always wanted a Parcel Motel here. Saves on Delivery Charges and gets stuff not available before. Are the first 3 uses free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Thats handy about parcel motel, i signed up for it when it started on the offchance :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Saw the one at chawkes during the week.

Advertisement