Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes - more aimed at the high end of the market (honeymoons etc.) though as beer says - sth for everyone. They are known for their excellent, independent advice from 'real' travellers.

It was in the Post Today. They don't know where they are opening yet but I'm going to visit them later in the year when they are open anyway as Limerick Travel and the other one on Roches Street didn't even reply to me when I asked them to quote for this years Holiday so I gave the business to Topflight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Beer Baron wrote: »
    It was in the Post Today. They don't know where they are opening yet but I'm going to visit them later in the year when they are open anyway as Limerick Travel and the other one on Roches Street didn't even reply to me when I asked them to quote for this years Holiday so I gave the business to Topflight.

I hate how the papers and local radio rob wrong info from each other. If they actually did a tiny bit of investigating, they'd see that there's planning permission on the door of the early learning centre for Trailfinders. It's also available on Limerick City Council's website. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Their website states that their Limerick travel centre will open in spring 2013.

Closing application date for vacancies as a Travel Consultant is 31.01.2013, where they join induction training groups commencing February and April 2013.

See Travel Finders link

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

New coffee shop opened Ennis road was Arnold off licence. I was in there recently it was lovely really nice coffee too. Who owns it out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

maryk123 wrote: »
    New coffee shop opened Ennis road was Arnold off licence. I was in there recently it was lovely really nice coffee too. Who owns it out of interest?
    Is it next to the Church?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

The Cafe is beside Mac's Off Licence. They have downsized the Off Licence.
    I never remember it being called Arnold.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Sorry that was a type it was macs off licence I think it is just lovely. So needed at that side of town

Great work going on in the old Early Learning Centre this morning.
    Looks like Trailfinders are having the place completely renovated. New doors and windows and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I've heard from a reliable source that a sizable UK retailer is to open in Limerick shortly. Which, if true, will be welcome news - bucking the trend of UK stores closing. Wont name them just yet.

P.S. it's not M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Iceland by any chance i know they are trying to find a suitable city center location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

smcgiff wrote: »
    I've heard from a reliable source that a sizable UK retailer is to open in Limerick shortly. Which, if true, will be welcome news - bucking the trend of UK stores closing. Wont name them just yet.

P.S. it's not M&S

Any name yet?

Twenty new jobs are being created with the opening of a new Opel and Kia franchise in Limerick.

Hinchy's of Garryspillane are expanding their business and are moving into the vacant Ennis Road Motors site later this week.

Recruitment for the positions is ongoing. :) (live95fm)

According to the Leader there are two competitors bidding above the asking price for 32A Cruises Street (Heirlooms).

With Trailfinders moving into the former Benetton store, two of the seven vacant units will be filled soon.

The recently closed HMV store won’t stay vacant for long either, as it is located on a prime corner site.

The recently closed HMV store won’t stay vacant for long either, as it is located on a prime corner site.

It would be great if easons expanded into it. Their shop is too small already before they open a cafe in there.

According to the Leader there are two competitors bidding above the asking price for 32A Cruises Street (Heirlooms).

With Trailfinders moving into the former Benetton store, two of the seven vacant units will be filled soon.

I always found HMV really squashed. Having the stairs in the middle of the shop didn't help either.
    Having said that though, like you say, it's in a great spot.

Any idea who they are

Anybody here who could be opening in the old HMV shop

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I always found HMV really squashed. Having the stairs in the middle of the shop didn't help either.
    Having said that though, like you say, it's in a great spot.

Rent and rates being looked for is quite high though. Works out more expensive per square foot than many of the well situated units on Patrick street in Cork.

Would be a good location for the right price though if the city were to see a genuine upturn in footfall (spending footfall that is)

Anyone know who the company is that are now in Brooks Properties building on Henry st they moved in about two weeks ago ?

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Anyone know who the company is that are now in Brooks Properties building on Henry st they moved in about two weeks ago ?

Dunno but I noticed they now have some sort of kitchenette/counter area in the reception.

A café perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Dunno but I noticed they now have some sort of kitchenette/counter area in the reception.

A café perhaps?

Surely not. Arabica coffee cafe and cafe cupcake within a few meters of the place. Would someone be mad enough to open another one there?

djdunny wrote: »
    Surely not. Arabica coffee cafe and cafe cupcake within a few meters of the place. Would someone be mad enough to open another one there?

Jaysus i doubt it in that building there is some office crowd in the top 3 floors, maybe they are still moving stuff in there was too much money spent on that reception to turn it into a cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Is that the building on the corner of Henry street opposite the GPO? if so thats a company called glass lewis, they have moved there from the riverpoint building

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Passed it this evening sure looks like a cafe?High stools,a counter and oven or microwaves

New women's clothing store 'Nice' open in the former Eves fashions unit on Roche's Street.

Good: Serendipity shoe boutique of Adare opening in the former Eve's premises on Roches Street.

Bad: More cheap plastic tat opening on Parnell Sreet/Roches Street corner.
    A pawn shop called Johnnie Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah every city has a Parnell street. Cork has North Main Street, Dublin has Parnell Street East and Moore St. Bookies, Offies and Pawn Shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Firefly, Georges Quay.

Rising from the metaphorical ashes of the River Bistro as reported here.

Just passed there, and there are people doing things with noisy tools. I assume it'll be called the Firefly because just inside the door there's a fully-made sign "Firefly Bistro", with a swirly logo on it.

• Advertisement

Esquire, a new gents' dress hire outlet to open on Roches Street.

A childrens' fashion outlet Kiddy Korner opened for business last week on Fox's Bow.

Source Limerick Post.

Advertisement