Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Mc Love wrote: »
    But Limerick has lost out on an up and coming fashion designer as the rent for the property Imasa has moved to was too high. Nenagh will gain from having her now.

My OH was telling me about this last night. Only in Limerick could this happen, apparently wasn't given the opportunity to pay the higher rent and I believe she was doing well there only to be replaced by a rich kid with a clothes shop selling the usual overpriced crap that's in every other shop

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mizzoni's in Raheen are closing but will re-open again soon with the owners of the Galway branches taking over. Hopefully will see one or two more open in the city!

I tried ordering from there via just-eat a few weeks ago only to get a phonecall from Justeat telling me the restaurant didn't deliver to Caherdavin and advising me to use a more local takeaway and that I could check how local the takeaway was by their area code :confused:
    I was hardly ordering a pizza from cork like :P
    I know of a few more people who had the same problem there too....
    Could be costing Mizzoni a few quid in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

But Imasa moved too so maybe they got forced out of there O Connell street shop over rent or lease maybe.Did Imasa force the other shop out?

bigpink wrote: »
    But Imasa moved too so maybe they got forced out of there O Connell street shop over rent or lease maybe.Did Imasa force the other shop out?

Don't know about Imasa and O'Connell Street. Imasa didn't force anyone out, I didn't mean to imply that. I just feel the city should be encouraging local talents, especially unique and successful ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

banie01 wrote: »
    I tried ordering from there via just-eat a few weeks ago only to get a phonecall from Justeat telling me the restaurant didn't deliver to Caherdavin and advising me to use a more local takeaway and that I could check how local the takeaway was by their area code :confused:
    I was hardly ordering a pizza from cork like :P
    I know of a few more people who had the same problem there too....
    Could be costing Mizzoni a few quid in the long run.

You might want to give them another chance -new owners and apparently according to facebook -back open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This is what they have posted on their fb page:
    ~ Mizzoni Limerick Branch Back in Business ~

50 Euro Voucher to be won every week !!!!!!

As Mizzoni Pizza Shopper you will automatically participate to a weekly draw. A draw ( competition ) will take place every Friday at 6 PM - we use one of our present customer at that time to do that . 50 Euro Mizzoni voucher not valid with other special offers , vouchers, meal deals or other discounts. Voucher will expire in exactly one week time from the time we call you as a winner. you must shop all 50 euro in one order !!! Valid ONLY for collection (we don`t deliver this prize ). The reason for collection is that we need to take a picture of you in our store when you collect your FREE FOOD for advertise on our Mizzoni Facebook page or other publications we may Need . For security reasons staff or staff relatives are not able to win these Vouchers .

Such an awesome prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Easons book store on O'Connell Street and Cruises Street will undergo a major facelift when the works begin in October. (live95fm) :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Easons book store on O'Connell Street and Cruises Street will undergo a major facelift when the works begin in October. (live95fm) :)

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MrLaurel

They really need to do a big job on it. The one on Patrick St in Cork looks great. I was secretly hoping that Easons would take the HMV shop as their Limerick store was always the smallest of Galway, Cork etc. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

MrLaurel wrote: »
    They really need to do a big job on it. The one on Patrick St in Cork looks great. I was secretly hoping that Easons would take the HMV shop as their Limerick store was always the smallest of Galway, Cork etc. Maybe.

HMV unit is smaller than the current easons unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

source wrote: »
    I presume MrLaurel meant in addition to the current store.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MrLaurel

But the 2 units combined together, it would be larger than the current Easons unit.....maybe I wasn't making myself clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Has Insomnia taken over all of the first floor?

Social-Media-opening.jpg

Looks like an antique furniture shop of sort going into the old spar shop on upper Henry Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep!

"Antique - Decor" according to the signage.

iirc, there was also an antique shop there before Spar took it over.

europa11 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep!

That'd be a long time ago, I remember that spar being there when I started in Clements, that was 95!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭banie01

europa11 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep!

Yep there was, Limerick Antique Rooms or something similar it was called iirc.

Think the family owned the building and to went to Spar and going back to antique/auction rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

The place that was Sequoia Lane, and before that Nestor's, looks like it's becoming a café. Walked past there earlier today and it was being decorated.

The hoarding is down off the front of the Dunnes building on O'Connell Street and there's wet paint signs up.

Has anyone heard anything about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

The hoarding is down off the front of the Dunnes building on O'Connell Street and there's wet paint signs up.

Saw this during the week but the Dunnes on Sarsfield St got a makeover too, so maybe Dunnes just doing their but for the city centre.

That Corner Flag pub had guys bringing in stools and wood last week aswell so must be reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was an article a month or so ago about Dunnes being told they had to be more proactive in maintaining the look of their unused buildings. Would assume that the painting is part of that.

Actually also on henry street between Corner Flag and Spar a massage parlour seems to be where the internet place was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Louche Lad wrote: »
    The place that was Sequoia Lane, and before that Nestor's, looks like it's becoming a café. Walked past there earlier today and it was being decorated.

New café is called the Eclipse, just tried it earlier. It's an identikit modern café, with all the usual stuff so not worth describing in detail, but pleasant enough. Came across following post from some months ago:
    pigtown wrote: »
    Eclipse cafe applied for a change of use to cafe/deli a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

bigpink wrote: »
    Actually also on henry street between Corner Flag and Spar a massage parlour seems to be where the internet place was

A massage parlour or a "massage parlour"?

Louche Lad wrote: »
    New café is called the Eclipse, just tried it earlier. It's an identikit modern café, with all the usual stuff so not worth describing in detail, but pleasant enough. Came across following post from some months ago:

Same guys from Parkway? Hopefully, best coffee in town

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Has Insomnia taken over all of the first floor?

Social-Media-opening.jpg

Just the area where they used to have DVDs/Toys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Surely with all the empty space around town they could have found a better location?
    Although I suppose they will do a deal with easons for rent/rates etc, so would be win/win for both parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Easons are having a refit in the Autumn, paid for from Insomnia's rent.

Advertisement