Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Marks and Sparks will be anchor tenant in New Arthurs Quay Unit....if I'm wrong ....
    Ill eat my 15 year old Munster Hat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

moby2101 wrote: »
    Marks and Sparks will be anchor tenant in New Arthurs Quay Unit....if I'm wrong ....
    Ill eat my 15 year old Munster Hat! :)

people were supporting munster 15 years ago? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I assume this is just one those pie in the sky reports that some consultants get paid a fortune to come up with and is never implemented?

After having a quick read through, that's exactly what it is. Plans to demolish Arthurs Quay and Sarsfield House, put a public square near Pennys, replace Dunnes on Sarsfield St. with an iconic public building. And it will cost between €250m and €750m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

After having a quick read through, that's exactly what it is. Plans to demolish Arthurs Quay and Sarsfield House, put a public square near Pennys, replace Dunnes on Sarsfield St. with an iconic public building. And it will cost between €250m and €750m.

Must be the umpteenth one of these "ambitious" reports that pop up every few years. Has the stamp of Shannon Development:rolleyes: all over it.

fwiw, here's a linky to the plan.

http://www.limerick.ie/media/An%20Economic%20and%20Spatial%20Plan%20for%20Limerick%202030-Executive%20Summary.pdf

Don't hold yer breath anyone.

On a related note, I see part of this plan foresees a "Plaza" at Colbert Station. Whatever merits or otherwise of that, it's pointless doing anytyhing up there until the tappers, winos and general scum that hang around one of the city's major gateways isn't cleared away from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

2030? Huh? There wont even be a city centre at that stage. Better get it started now so that they can finish on time.

On that separate note - that Plaza plan for Colbert station was first mooted about 3 years ago if not longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mc Love wrote: »
    2030? Huh? There wont even be a city centre at that stage. Better get it started now so that they can finish on time.

On that separate note - that Plaza plan for Colbert station was first mooted about 3 years ago if not longer

It all to be delivered by 2030.
    They are saying they will be working on it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It all to be delivered by 2030.
    They are saying they will be working on it immediately.

they have not applied for planning permission yet, a right load of cobblers.

flutered wrote: »
    they have not applied for planning permission yet, a right load of cobblers.

Plus they don't even own Arthurs Quay SC, Dunnes on Sarsfield St. or the buildings behind Penneys and Debinhams that they're planning to demolish. And have they said where they intend to rehouse the hundreds of people who works in Sarsfield House?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

Plus they don't even own Arthurs Quay SC, Dunnes on Sarsfield St. or the buildings behind Penneys and Debinhams that they're planning to demolish. And have they said where they intend to rehouse the hundreds of people who works in Sarsfield House?
    That area badly need redevelopment but I agree re that they don't own the area.Some of the stuff will happen like ped. the streets etc.Not sure about the rest thought.The renders of Arthurs Quay looks ok on the plan though..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

And have they said where they intend to rehouse the hundreds of people who works in Sarsfield House?

Well extrapolating from our vaunted town planners past performance....
    They will probably arrange to move all those employees out to one of the Industrial estates....
    And then it will dawn on them that they actually needed to keep them in the town centre to provide custom to our new riverside cafés....
    Then they shall demolish the plaza to build some offices to allow staff to be moved back into the city...
    It will create a cyclical and perpetual need for construction crews at the very least ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

They actually do own arthurs quay shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

as for the jobs in foynes, dont hold your breath anyone, the proposed plant if built will blow dirty black smoke, it will be worse than alcan, the chances are that it will not get planning permission, on a tourist route, bad air etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

kilburn wrote: »
    They actually do own arthurs quay shopping centre

Pretty sure that centre is owned by Michael Tiernan (Tiernan Properties).

I think that he is one of the proponents of this plan, but the shopping centre is still his.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Angel Lane is changing to a new name and late bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

bigpink wrote: »

so moving from half 2 to half 12?

Probably same management though.

All I heard the club changing name and the small club and lounge turning into a late bar for older crowd

Any word on the Trinty Rooms when its opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

All I heard the club changing name and the small club and lounge turning into a late bar for older crowd

They had club 23 for that no?
    I havent been in there for about 4 years nor while I go to the new trinity rooms.

Costellos 4 lyf

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that centre is owned by Michael Tiernan (Tiernan Properties).

I think that he is one of the proponents of this plan, but the shopping centre is still his.

Fairly sure the council own it and as he developed it he was given a 20 year profits deal like the toll bridges it reverted back to council ownership last year

You may be correct.
    However Tiernan Properties are still listed as the contact address (and email) for Arthur's Quay.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    You may be correct.
    However Tiernan Properties are still listed as the contact address (and email) for Arthur's Quay.

Yes correct as they are the management company

• Advertisement

Right. The ownership of Arthurs Quay SC came up last year was discussed in this thread. See post #40 from Beer Baron.
    Doncove Ltd own Arthurs Quay. The council run the car park through a sub lease with Tiernan, and had an option to buy the car park only this year.
    I don't know if they went ahead with the pruchase yet, but the don't now and never have owned the shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Wasn't the small club always a late bar for the older crowd?

Think its being pushed fully as a late bar they were doing level 23 there alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

So there will be basically only one nightclub left in Limerick..the Icon.. in a city of nearly 100,000 people that also serves the surrounding small towns and villages....thats mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

So there will be basically only one nightclub left in Limerick..the Icon.. in a city of nearly 100,000 people that also serves the surrounding small towns and villages....thats mad!!

Then obviously the vast majority of 100,000 people don't want to go to a night club otherwise there would be more open. Late bars seem to be the new trend now.

There's also the SinBin, Aubars and Costellos. There may not be a great choice, but there's more than one.
    And as bazz26 said, not everyone likes going to clubs. I much prefer the late bars.

And the owners.
    As cookiemunster mentioned Duncove Ltd are the owners of Arthur's Quay.
    This is an extract from solocheck.ie;
    'Doncove was set up on Tue the 3rd of Jan 1989 in Limerick. Their current status is Normal. The company's current directors Mark Peter Tiernan, Hugh Michael Tiernan, Dr. Maeve Tiernan, Michael Tiernan and Ruth Maria Tiernan have been the director of 30 other companies between them - 5 of which are now closed.'

Lot of Tiernans in that company.....

Crush87 aka Trinity Rooms were hiring staff on Faceboomk recently so uust be opening soon

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Fairly sure the council own it and as he developed it he was given a 20 year profits deal like the toll bridges it reverted back to council ownership last year

The council doesnt own it. Its Tiernan who owns it but the Council operate the car park on behalf of Tiernan properties. They own the opera centre site. There was a previous discussion here which touched on this matter previously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Crush87 aka Trinity Rooms were hiring staff on Faceboomk recently so uust be opening soon

Original word from the owners of the Orchard who are opening the club was that it would be open for June/July. With the recent recruitment campaign id assume it is soon. Il find out during the week anyway but it will be great to have a new club. There is a huge fitout going on inside the club. I did hear there this week however that they may be waiting until september to launch it.

Advertisement