Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

There's also the SinBin, Aubars and Costellos. There may not be a great choice, but there's more than one.
    And as bazz26 said, not everyone likes going to clubs. I much prefer the late bars.

The Sinbin and Aubars and the late bars such as Nancy Blakes,Flannerys etc cater for the 'older' crowd which is pretty obvious when you walk into any of those spots which is fine. However most people in their 20's want the option of a decent nightclub to go to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The Sinbin and Aubars and the late bars such as Nancy Blakes,Flannerys etc cater for the 'older' crowd which is pretty obvious when you walk into any of those spots which is fine. However most people in their 20's want the option of a decent nightclub to go to.

They may cater for an older crowd, but they've got DJs and dance floors, therefore they're clubs not late bars.
    And if the demand was there for more nightclubs there would be more nightclubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Well they must reckon the business is there for the club but the Orchard seems to have not taken off,was in there 3 or 4 times since Christmas and it was empty

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

bigpink wrote: »
    Well they must reckon the business is there for the club but the Orchard seems to have not taken off,was in there 3 or 4 times since Christmas and it was empty

It's a pity really as it's a great looking venue, the nicest in the city!I think a lot of the 20 something year olds from Limerick have left the city due to the recession..employment etc and this figure will be even higher over the summer months.

Maybe that crowd want a club instead of bar so that's why there changing

It will be interesting to see how it will affect angel lane and icon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

It's a pity really as it's a great looking venue, the nicest in the city!I think a lot of the 20 something year olds from Limerick have left the city due to the recession..employment etc and this figure will be even higher over the summer months.

Nice venue but with an awful history.

I reckon people went to the orchard a few times for nostalgia more than anything and only stayed for one or two.

It should really do more money though considering how awful the staff in Icon are and how expensive angel lane is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Limerick nightclub venue set to reopen in July (Limerick Post)

The refurbishment of the 14,000 sq ft nightclub will cost close to €1 million and will create 50 permanent jobs and a further 20 jobs during the re-fit phase which is currently well underway. The owners have been inundated with CVs for various roles at the club and are delighted with the level of interest.

According to the owners, ‘Crush 87’ will provide a real ‘nightclub experience’, with some of the top DJs from around the world set to perform at the newly refurbished venue in the next 12 months.

A million euro must be a serious job they are doing to the place

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

Costa Coffee is looking for full time staff if anyone wants...
    apply in store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Erper wrote: »
    apply in store

Which one?

• Advertisement

Which one?

The one in crescent...

A NEW food manufacturing facility has opened on the outskirts of the city with the creation of 20 new jobs.

Masterchefs Hospitality, parent company of Café Noir, has opened The Artisan Food Factory at the Delta Retail Park, on the Ballysimon Road.

(Limerick Leader)

Thought Masterchefs had problems a while back,good to hear

apply in store

Used to work there, well its my job they are replacing.

Only do it if you are beyond desperate. If anyone gets a call for an interview, I used to do the interviews for them so I know the questions and the answers.

lkionm wrote: »
    Used to work there, well its my job they are replacing.

Only do it if you are beyond desperate. If anyone gets a call for an interview, I used to do the interviews for them so I know the questions and the answers.

What was your job there?
    Serving customers?

What was your job there?
    Serving customers?

You don't really serve customers there. More like a conveyor belt of the same questions to each customer and trying to upsell and you get in trouble when you don't ask the same question. That's the till.

When you are doing tables it is a never ending barrage of tables and cleaning tables and behin the counter busting your balls to go faster looking for spoons and stuff and telling you to clean tables.

Coffee machine is an onslaught of coffees and moving fast and not making mistakes. Make a mistake or a bad coffee and you break the conveyor belt and you get in trouble.

Calling the line is asking 5/6 customers their orders and dealing out the coffee to te machines and tills and making sure the till person has the right drinks an they are coming out ok. That's the hardest job and normally the best person/shift leader would do that. I generally did that.

When it is queit, cleaning the most pointless stuff. Not allowed talk or chill out in the back when it is like that/ especially when busy.

My own job was team leader/assistant manager. I reckon they will be hiring a team member which is above. If it is team leader I can tell ye what they will be looking for.

But it really is a horrible job. They get upset about the most pointless things and take it far too personally.

Obviously I can't tell tell you about the staff you work with but I obviously left for a reason.

Any other questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Regatta clothing are recruiting for a new store in the city centre.
    King Johns Castle are reopening on June 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

pigtown wrote: »
    King Johns Castle are reopening on June 28th.

Really? Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

lkionm wrote: »
    You don't really serve customers there. More like a conveyor belt of the same questions to each customer and trying to upsell and you get in trouble when you don't ask the same question. That's the till.

When you are doing tables it is a never ending barrage of tables and cleaning tables and behin the counter busting your balls to go faster looking for spoons and stuff and telling you to clean tables.

Coffee machine is an onslaught of coffees and moving fast and not making mistakes. Make a mistake or a bad coffee and you break the conveyor belt and you get in trouble.

Calling the line is asking 5/6 customers their orders and dealing out the coffee to te machines and tills and making sure the till person has the right drinks an they are coming out ok. That's the hardest job and normally the best person/shift leader would do that. I generally did that.

When it is queit, cleaning the most pointless stuff. Not allowed talk or chill out in the back when it is like that/ especially when busy.

My own job was team leader/assistant manager. I reckon they will be hiring a team member which is above. If it is team leader I can tell ye what they will be looking for.

But it really is a horrible job. They get upset about the most pointless things and take it far too personally.

Obviously I can't tell tell you about the staff you work with but I obviously left for a reason.

Any other questions?

Sign me up!

leakyboots wrote: »
    Sign me up!

you have to go to shop to sign in

• Advertisement

roast wrote: »
    Really? Where did you hear that?

Ad in the Leader. More info here http://www.shannonheritage.com/KingJohnsCastle/

Matthew Stephens Jewellers see a very bright future in the city centre.

Their 3 floor level jewellery store is to commence a major renovation over the coming weeks in order to attract some of the world's top brands to Limerick City.

It's only 7 years since their last renovation which was a major facelift.

See this weeks Limerick Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

you have to go to shop to sign in

Which shop?
    Childers road or crescent?

Must be serious business in them jewellery shops,always have huge ads in the paper and tons of staff good to see anyway

Crush87/Trinity Rooms opening next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

bigpink wrote: »
    Must be serious business in them jewellery shops,always have huge ads in the paper and tons of staff good to see anyway

Crush87/Trinity Rooms opening next weekend

Confirmed?
    Any idea of age?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Which shop?
    Childers road or crescent?

Crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

Looks like Beltable is open again, at least the cafe is, not sure about the theatre.

It's been open the last two evenings when I was it waking the dog.

New tanning place opening on Upper William St. I think it might be the old Connolly One unit.
    Also new tanning and eyebrow bar (no, I don't know what that is) open in the former House of Norden unit on Catherine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's in what was the bookies, Sue Ryder charity shop is in the Connolley One unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Looks like ez living are opening a second shop in limerick they have an ad in the limerick post today looking for people and its in a busy retail park in limerick but doesn't say which one.

www.limerickpost.ie

Advertisement