Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Is the roches street shop closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

bigpink wrote: »
    Where in arthurs quay?prob a good move

Where the costume shop was

Hook and Ladder who are opening on Sarsfield Street announced tonight that they are also opening in the Castletroy Shopping Centre.

Opening in town in early January.

What a pity they couldn't get it up and running for Christmas. They're missing out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Went for a walk around the city for the first time in a long time and noticed a few developments. Apologies if they have been there a while.

New cafe open on Denmark St. around the corner from Peckish.
    New acupuncture place opening in Arthurs Quay.
    A sign on the old Seduzca place says they have relocated as Tailor of Blue to Bedford Row. I don't know if this is a new shop or has Jack and Jones rebranded. Seduzca in the Crescent is still open but the J&J there has rebranded as Tailor of Blue.
    Peter Clohessey's new restaurant, Gandelow Restaurant, has opened on the quays.
    New hair salon, Fox & Bow open on Patrick St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pigtown wrote: »
    Went for a walk around the city for the first time in a long time and noticed a few developments. Apologies if they have been there a while.

A sign on the old Seduzca place says they have relocated as Tailor of Blue to Bedford Row. I don't know if this is a new shop or has Jack and Jones rebranded. Seduzca in the Crescent is still open but the J&J there has rebranded as Tailor of Blue.

I believe the same group (possibly family) own all those shops.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

pigtown wrote: »

Im going to be in Limerick next week.Does anyone know if the new restaurant at Clohessy's Bar opens for lunch and if anyone has eaten there then they might like to put up a small review in the Limerick restaurants thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

vkid wrote: »
    Have never thought the Texas Steakhouse was that great tbh. Food and menu average and find it expensive for what it is to be honest. Its not eveen a very nice place/room for a meal...but maybe thats just me. Looking forward to trying this new place...and I agree, they have made the outside look very well. Good branding.

I'd have to disagree there i would always make a visit to the Texas Steakout whenever im in Limerick!Im always happy with my dining experience there and with the choice and variety of items on the menu.It isn't Michelin star cuisine but what they do they do it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Im going to be in Limerick next week.Does anyone know if the new restaurant at Clohessy's Bar opens for lunch and if anyone has eaten there then they might like to put up a small review in the Limerick restaurants thread!

I'm working in Clohessy's and myself and a few of the lads have had some of the food left behind for us by some of the Chefs one night, (I think it was a chicken terraki or something like that..) and it was actually really really nice!

I think its open for lunch, I'm not positive though. If you ring the bar they'll let you know 061 468100

New kebab shop opening across from the old Instore building.

The Bailey is being gutted at the moment, and this bar is opening there https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Red-Hen-Bar-Limerick/597164587012168?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Red Hen Bar? bizarre name imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Red Hen Bar? bizarre name imo.

i picture lots of women with L plates and inflatable appendages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Bailey was a lovely bar - why gut it?? It really dropped off the list of places to go quickly enough, did it start to get a bad rep or was the clientèle not the best?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Bailey was a lovely bar - why gut it?? It really dropped off the list of places to go quickly enough, did it start to get a bad rep or was the clientèle not the best?

It was almost lovely, but the layout just seemed off to me. Too many steps, not enough chairs around the tables, that kind of thing.

That pub has had more names than customers at this stage. :p

Then name "The Red Hen" sounds like it might be some sort of burlesque or English themed pub to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They may as well change the decor. The previous decor certainly wasn't bringing in the punters. The Craft angle appears to be working around town so maybe that is something they might look at. Every pub harps on about "giving something to the punter" and/or the cost of doing anything to draw the customers from their homes is difficult. Let's hope they can do what the Bailey appeared to have been unable to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Sunday Times reporting today that this crowd: http://www.tiger-stores.ie/
    are looking to open premises in Cork, Limerick and Galway in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Sunday Times reporting today that this crowd: http://www.tiger-stores.ie/
    are looking to open premises in Cork, Limerick and Galway in the near future.

Ah I love Tiger! Was in a few of their branches up the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

Slightly off topic but I was home at the weekend & it was great to see town so busy.I'm guessing it's because it's Christmas season but would be great if it was like this most weekends.
    Pity the rugby game is on the Sunday rather than Saturday-can't beat those Saturday evening kick offs in Thomond

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Nicer atmosphere around town with the Christmas lights up aswell. Brown Thomas, Mathew Stephens and Keanes really give that area a nice feel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Exile on Grafton St.

The Limerick Leader has an article about interest groups having their say in the 2030 Economic Plan.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/strong-feedback-to-limerick-2030-plan-1-5722272#comments-area

It crossed my mind, that since they want to knock Sarsfield House and put a public place/park there in it's spot, where are these office workers going to go? Are they going to go into the Opera House Development? I don't recall any mention in the Plan about this, except that the Opera Centre would attract new businesses to set up in its office complex...

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking that myself.I'm assuming they'll need to have some modern office space built before they move the wrecking ball in.
    Wasn't there talk of the Council buying the hanging gardens stalled development on Henry St from Nama?Wouldn't imagine that would be big enough to accomodate all the people working in there.
    Would love to see some of the docklands developed into a mini IFSC/IT hub.Bring the tax office down there also.
    Think it would be great to have a multi-purpose indoor areana near the plaza and a modern retail development also.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

The tax office workers would be moved from Sarsfield House to a building in Raheen that the state owns. At least that's what I hear from people who work there. There's a possiblity that River House staff may be relocated to Raheen too.

Around 500 staff work in Sarsfield House and I don't agree with taking them out of the city centre, it's too quiet as it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Exile on Grafton St.

The tax office workers would be moved from Sarsfield House to a building in Raheen that the state owns. At least that's what I hear from people who work there. There's a possiblity that River House staff may be relocated to Raheen too.

Around 500 staff work in Sarsfield House and I don't agree with taking them out of the city centre, it's too quiet as it is now.

God, I hope not:eek:. That goes against whole plan to increase the number of office workers in the city centre.

That'll just be another 500 less people going for lunch/few pints-utterly pointless if those jobs are out in Raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I see Flan Costello of Costello's is looking to open a (youth?) hostel in the old Molyneux's pub on Mungret Street.

The city badly needs one. It's a terrible pity the big one in The Globe never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

€5 a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I see Flan Costello of Costello's is looking to open a (youth?) hostel in the old Molyneux's pub on Mungret Street.

The city badly needs one. It's a terrible pity the big one in The Globe never materialised.

Link:
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/planning/proposal-to-transform-limerick-pub-into-youth-hostel-1-5724255

nice area for the tourists :o

I know, it is close to the Milk Market, Kings Island, St John Cathedral and the Market Quarter pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Seems to be a Facebook page just opened for Nandos Limerick.

It says Childers Road but the map has it at the greenfield side of Childers road.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Jofspring wrote: »
    Seems to be a Facebook page just opened for Nandos Limerick.

It says Childers Road but the map has it at the greenfield side of Childers road.

That's really exciting - the FB page looks legit too.

https://www.facebook.com/NandosIRELimerick
    Nando's are happy to announce our 11th Irish restaurant will soon be coming to Childers Road Retail Park, Limerick

Fire up your senses: Nando's, the home of legendary, Portuguese, flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken is coming to Limerick! Following the success of our restaurant in Mahon Point, Cork, Nando's have secured a unit in the Childers Road Retail Park and is scheduled to be open in March 2014. For news and updates please LIKE and SHARE this page and also follow us on twitter @NandosIRE. So make sure you LIKE and SHARE to keep up to date and to be in with a chance of winning our LAUNCH COMPETITIONS!!

• Advertisement

There is planning application notices up around the Childers Road Retail Park for the segregation of the old Atlantic Homecare unit to be divided into smaller retail units. It is possible that they are going in there. Would make a welcome alternative to KFC/Pizza Hut.

Advertisement