Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

No official word from the official Nandos facebook, twitter or website yet.

I hope it's true but anyone could easily set up the facebook page pretending to be Nando's.

Isn't the Atlantic Homecare unit (even when split in two) not huge for a Nando's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I think the FB page looks just a *slight* bit suspicious..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

To be honest, you'd have to have absolutely nothing to do to make a Facebook page for restaurant that doesnt exist, and then populate said page with relevant links..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Nandos Twitter in response to a question about limerick "maybe we are maybe we aren't, wait and see ;)"

Article from the leader about them looking for a spot.

http://m.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/syman-says-nando-s-to-wing-its-way-to-limerick-by-2014-1-4110510

I hope it's true but anyone could easily set up the facebook page pretending to be Nando's.

Isn't the Atlantic Homecare unit (even when split in two) not huge for a Nando's?

Looking at a picture on the twitter some of their Nandos are pretty big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Normally facebook pull down these rogue pages fairly quickly once the portrayed party complains.

Atlantic Homecare unit is fairly big unit size wise, cannot really see any other retail unit in that retail park being any bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nandos are overpriced for what they give you but it would be nice to have a restaurant in limerick where the staff really work for their tips and are trained well.

I don't particularly believe that their opening gambit would be to a dull end of a small retail park though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Strikes me as quite odd that Nando's would announce a new store opening via a ''community'' page that can be started by anyone and is not verified as opposed to using the official Nandos Ireland FB page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

2000 likes in 4 hours!! Limerick is crying out for Nando's!
    To answer a few questions the old Atlantic Homecare is being split into three separate units and we will be located in one of them, and at the moment The Rubberbandits will not be present at the opening but there's plenty of time yet!

mmmmmm

Have seen two journalists saying on twitter that Nandos have confirmed it but I don't see where they got that info with confirmation absolutely no where else barr a little teasing.

With 2,000 likes though ad the fact Nandos know about the page, surely it would have been shut down by now if fake or at the very least they would have distanced themselves from the page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

Over eager franchisee maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

One guy owns the rights to all the franchises in Ireland, and has exclusive rights to open any more. He bought the country license from the owns of the Nandos brand in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wouldn't mind a Nando's in Limerick but Childers Road is probably the last place I'd pick to put it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What Nando's had to say about the Facebook page.
    this page was set up by a fan who is as excited about Nando's as we are

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a Nando's in Limerick but Childers Road is probably the last place I'd pick to put it :confused:

Eh, they will end up making around 15/20 grand a week though. I know exactly how much the Costa makes there.

KFC make about 30 grand a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Exile on Grafton St.

According to the Limerick Leader, J D Wetherspoon has been in contact with local auctioneers with a view to opening a pub in Limerick. Also, an American Microbrewery is considering opening a pub in the former Quinns bar.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/uk-pub-chain-wetherspoon-looking-to-open-in-limerick-1-5746521

lkionm wrote: »
    Eh, they will end up making around 15/20 grand a week though. I know exactly how much the Costa makes there.

KFC make about 30 grand a week.

I'm not doubting that they could run a profitable business there at all.

IMHO it would be great to see them open up somewhere in the city centre rather than being stuck out in a soulless retail park on the outskirts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

According to the Limerick Leader, J D Wetherspoon has been in contact with local auctioneers with a view to opening a pub in Limerick. Also, an American Microbrewery is considering opening a pub in the former Quinns bar.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/uk-pub-chain-wetherspoon-looking-to-open-in-limerick-1-5746521

Would that Quinn's bar still be usable?
    You'd think there would have to be a massive amount of work put into it and given the uncertainty about what the plans are for the area I'd imagine any businessman would be slow to pump money into a building there unless they had some serious guarantees from the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Im surprised KFC dont put in a objection as Id imagine it would effect their business putting a Nando's there

Beaver1 wrote: »
    Im surprised KFC dont put in a objection as Id imagine it would effect their business putting a Nando's there

Either way it would be a great move for lovers of fried chicken :D

• Advertisement

Beaver1 wrote: »

On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Would that Quinn's bar still be usable?
    You'd think there would have to be a massive amount of work put into it and given the uncertainty about what the plans are for the area I'd imagine any businessman would be slow to pump money into a building there unless they had some serious guarantees from the council.

Call me a youngin' but where was Quinns?

The Snipe wrote: »
    Call me a youngin' but where was Quinns?

That bar on Ellen St beside the garden center. It was closed well before the Opera center plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

I wouldn't exactly be overly excited by the prospect of a Wetherspoon's pub opening in Limerick. Although potentially cheaper prices might shake things up a little.

At least Limerick's wannabe Cockneys and Mancs may be presented with a more authentic environment in which to watch their "local" teams on Sky Sports! :o

The news about Quin's is far more interesting. It would be fantastic if this fine, historic building could be brought back to life.

I'm not quite sure what Jerry O’Dea's interpretation of "completely derelict" is but the structural report on the buildings caught up in the opera centre shambles found that it was in a generally safe and solid condition. Some repairs were carried out to the roof in the last few months too.

Clearly investment would be required in terms of fitting out the building again but hopefully as much of the original fabric as possible will be incorporated in to any refit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Vanquished wrote: »
    At least Limerick's wannabe Cockneys and Mancs may be presented with a more authentic environment in which to watch their "local" teams on Sky Sports! :o

I doubt it. Football jerseys and tracksuits are banned from their pubs on match days in Manchester.

I doubt it. Football jerseys and tracksuits are banned from their pubs on match days in Manchester.

You'll have that with two big rival clubs in the city.

There are few more pathetic sights than witnessing premier league jersey clad Irish people roaring at a tv screen proclaiming their undying love for some football team from a city they have no connection to or indeed never set foot in!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    That bar on Ellen St beside the garden center. It was closed well before the Opera center plans.

Ahh I know the place now!

I wouldn't exactly be overly excited by the prospect of a Wetherspoon's pub opening in Limerick. Although potentially cheaper prices might shake things up a little.

The news about Quin's is far more interesting. It would be fantastic if this fine, historic building could be brought back to life.

I'm not quite sure what Jerry O’Dea's interpretation of "completely derelict" is but the structural report on the buildings caught up in the opera centre shambles found that it was in a generally safe and solid condition. Some repairs were carried out to the roof in the last few months too.

Clearly investment would be required in terms of fitting out the building again but hopefully as much of the original fabric as possible will be incorporated in to any refit.

Most those buildings were in perfect nick, there was a historian went about when first stage of planning and buying was going through and she was going hell for leather trying to preserve everything there that was listed, (small structural things even down to certain screws). The only real one that I know of along that street that has any real architectural damage is the Spirit Store at bank place there at the top of the road and thats just missing everything, including a floor.

(My Dad worked in Glynn's for years, so he told me a few stories about what was going there a few months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

You'll have that with two big rival clubs in the city.

There are few more pathetic sights than witnessing premier league jersey clad Irish people roaring at a tv screen proclaiming their undying love for some football team from a city they have no connection to or indeed never set foot in!:eek:

Back in your box.

Back in your box.

The truth hurts does it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The truth hurts does it?

It's a free country. People are entitled to support whatever team they like. Believe it or not there are people who support a LOI team AND an EPL team. It's not mutually exclusive.

Plus your unlikely to find any sports fans in a Wetherspoons as they'll be in the pubs that actually show sport.

Advertisement