Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Planning permission for change of unit on Corbally Road from retail to café/bakery. I suspect it may be the shop next door to O'Driscoll's.

Person applying for planning is Andrew Moloney which is also the name of the person who owns/runs Hook and Ladder which is soon to open on Sarsfield Street.

Hasn't hook and ladder been threatening to open soon since last summer??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

letsdothis wrote: »
    Hasn't hook and ladder been threatening to open soon since last summer??

Pretty sure it's back up for sale again?.. Open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's back up for sale again?.. Open to correction on this.

Had a look at their Facebook page after I posted and apparently they're hoping to open in March now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

According to that facebook page work on fitting out the Sarsfield Street premises only began in early December. Despite the opening being announced months earlier.

The same site also mentioned that they are opening in the Castletroy shopping centre as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Castletroy one is just a kiosk sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Either way those behind that business will have developed a decent presence in Limerick in the space of a couple of months.

Subject to the cafe in Corbally being granted planning permission of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is a Thai restaurant opening where the short lived eclipse cafe was on O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There is a Thai restaurant opening where the short lived eclipse cafe was on O'Connell Street

I passed it today, looks really nice. They're doing a stylish job of the fit out.

Looking forward to trying it out

Planning permission seeking the demolition of the derelict petrol station next to Punches/Quaker Graveyard with the intention to build a new one which includes shop/deli.

Can't see Costcutter (Spar) being too happy about this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I hadn't been through town in a while but drove through yesterday, I noticed a new Thai and a new Indian open on O'Connell St. Any reviews of either? I'm looking for somewhere new to try and I've never had Thai before.

Oh, AppleGreen have opened on the site of the old Topaz out by Coonagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Decobake is opening up in Catherine street in the old Kitchen Range premises. I love their Dublin shop!! Exciting!! :D

New facebook page for the shop too!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Decobake-Limerick/638712022851782

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Was passing yesterday and saw that there's a new Italian restaurant after opening in the place where The Red Onion was.

Does anyone know when this happened?

The new place is called Raviolo Verde.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ravioli verde opened Saturday night. Same guy has a place in Shannon. His food and prices are brilliant. Well worth a visit.

Hopefully they revamp the interior. I always found it a bit grubby down there :(

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ravioli verde opened Saturday night. Same guy has a place in Shannon. His food and prices are brilliant. Well worth a visit.

Thanks, I must check it out.

Do you know when the Red Onion closed?

Don't know when the red onion closed but he has "cleaned" the interior, bought new equipment etc. I'm definitely visiting during the week, does a good "business deal". Lots of his stuff comes in from Italy so his costs are lower and he passes it on.

I've nothing to gain by promoting him either.

Don't know when the red onion closed but he has "cleaned" the interior, bought new equipment etc. I'm definitely visiting during the week, does a good "business deal". Lots of his stuff comes in from Italy so his costs are lower and he passes it on.

I've nothing to gain by promoting him either.

It's sounds very promising, I'll definitely pay it a visit.

What do you mean when you say "business deal"?

I must admit, I wasn't a fan of The Red Onion. It never really delivered what it promised.

Business deal is a 2 course lunch for very little money.

The people who owned The Red Onion recently opened Brimstone so maybe they just decided to focus on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will be hard to beat LaPiccola for me. That being said I have yet to try the place in Mount Kenneth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will be hard to beat LaPiccola for me. That being said I have yet to try the place in Mount Kenneth.

I'm a big fan of that place. Well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

I've eaten many times in his Shannon restaurant ( I live a couple of hundred yards away ) and the food is really excellent. The house red wine is very, very drinkable and the draught beer is Krombacher. Could things get much better...... ?

There's a new discount shop opening in Arthurs Quay where Lifestyle was

Great! That's just what we need...another discount store. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There's a new discount shop opening in Arthurs Quay where Lifestyle was

Just what Limerick needs...another discount shop :rolleyes:

I guess it reflects the current economic climate but kinda depressing imho.

Where exactly is 'Ravioli verde'? Sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Cartman78 wrote: »

Corner of O'Connell St and Hartstonge St, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Thanks for that - I read your post just as we all started in with "is there anything good to do today?" - so we just went there for a long (delicious) Saturday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just what Limerick needs...another discount shop :rolleyes:

I guess it reflects the current economic climate but kinda depressing imho.

It reflects two things.

The current economic climate like you said.

Plus the fact that the Limericks middle classes do not shop in the city centre. The only discount stores in the city and suburbs are all in the city centre (bar two, in Parkway and Roxboro) There are none in the Crescent Shopping Centres (or vacant units for that matter)

If people want a vibrant city centre they need to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It reflects two things.

The current economic climate like you said.

Plus the fact that the Limericks middle classes do not shop in the city centre. The only discount stores in the city and suburbs are all in the city centre (bar two, in Parkway and Roxboro) There are none in the Crescent Shopping Centres (or vacant units for that matter)

If people want a vibrant city centre they need to get back into it.

There are empty units in the Crescent.
    The A-Wear, Little Chancers and Barrets Units are all empty out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

banie01 wrote: »
    There are empty units in the Crescent.
    The A-Wear, Little Chancers and Barrets Units are all empty out there at the moment.

I take your point, in a centre that size there is always units changing hands, but let's be honest there is a marked difference between turnover time in the crescent v city centre, the crescent can be more discerning in who they choose to allow in to the centre, which was the point I was trying to make, by the way until very recently the rates were cheaper in the CSC, the rent I'm sure is a different matter.

Advertisement