Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

MarkR wrote: »
    Went looking for peckish today, but it was now a Thai place. :( Place seems to change an awful lot. Anyone know what happened?
    the Thai fairy came down waved her wand and turned it into a Thai place, serious what a really stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beaver1 wrote: »
    the Thai fairy came down waved her wand and turned it into a Thai place, serious what a really stupid question.

Jeez louise, take it easy, they only wanted to know what happened the place! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

MarkR wrote: »
    Went looking for peckish today, but it was now a Thai place. :( Place seems to change an awful lot. Anyone know what happened?

Went there for lunch on Thursday, really nice. It's not all Thai food. Other Asian food as well.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Beaver1 wrote: »

Who pissed in your cornflakes? I was wondering what had happened as it seemed to be busy whenever I had gone in there, and had recently been refurbished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

The Old Instore building on Ellen St has a Sale Agreed sign up and there are guys there this morning power hosing the outside and generally clearing up. Hopefully something going in there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder did Mollys buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Homecare Medical has opened in the Parkway. Tel: 061 437004

http://www.homecaremedicalsupplies.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

The Old Instore building on Ellen St has a Sale Agreed sign up and there are guys there this morning power hosing the outside and generally clearing up. Hopefully something going in there.

Good to hear, that whole area was brought down by the closure of Instore.

Hopefully that unfinished development up the road from it will be finished one of these days. Along with the hanging gardens, it is one of Limericks worst eyesores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The building has great potential! Hopefully something decent goes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

1huge1 wrote: »

Hopefully that unfinished development up the road from it will be finished one of these days. Along with the hanging gardens, it is one of Limericks worst eyesores.

I wouldn't count on it. That shell has stood there unfinished for the last 10 years now!

The "developer" behind it has overseen what must be one of the most farcical attempts ever to bring a project to fruition!

• Advertisement

McGettigan's of Dubai and Abu Dhabi are opening in the Limerick City Hotel (Jury's Inn).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Who are they?
    Sounds like an Irish theme pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Planning application in the Leader for an ice-cream parlour at 30 William St. I always thought it was strange that there is no ice-cream parlour in Limerick, there are quite a few open around the country.

I saw that actually. It's the same guy who runs the Airsoft gun shop that's hoping to open it.

There was a gelataria next door to the Locke for a few years. It only lasted about two years.

Gino's also have it on their website that they're opening in Limerick. It's said that for a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I saw that actually. It's the same guy who runs the Airsoft gun shop that's hoping to open it.

There was a gelataria next door to the Locke for a few years. It only lasted about two years.

Gino's also have it on their website that they're opening in Limerick. It's said that for a while though.

Ginos...in Limerick. *burns all skinny jeans and bikinis...invests in mumus*

Heard yesterday that LIT have bought it.

Appears to be some sort of café going into the old O'Brien's unit on William Street. Had a sneak peak in the window this evening! :pac:

Appears to be some sort of café going into the old O'Brien's unit on William Street. Had a sneak peak in the window this evening! :pac:

It's going to be a soup and sambo place. Ad on FAS website for staff at the moment.

According to Live95fm, Starbucks is coming to town! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

According to Live95fm, Starbucks is coming to town! :)

When, where, how???

Always thought the old Nevada Smiths would be a great spot for a decent coffee shop/restaurant

• Advertisement

I've heard rumours of that recently. It seems likely that they are moving in to the old HMV outlet. I would have liked to have seen a quality fashion retailer preferably a mens brand open up in there but that's the way it is.

While it's a big name brand and no doubt it will be a mecca for the city's wannabe hipster brigade, starbucks is blandness personified! Exceptionally ordinary coffee teamed with overpriced prepacked snacks and cakes.

They've pretty much taken over Dublin city centre in the last 18 months so clearly they feel there are opportunities to be exploited in the regional cities. I just hope their presence does not have an adverse impact upon the decent collection of independent cafes we now have in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hopefully they'll take the time to move the stairs to somewhere a little less in the way!

Now that I think about it, that's quite a big undertaking...

They're coffee may be a bit bland, but their ice frappucino's will be welcomed!

Planning application for the former HMV outlet;
    The proposed development comprises the change of use of the ground and first floor of 25-26 Cruise's Street from retail use to coffee shop, with associated internal and external works and replacement signage. The proposed coffee shop will be at ground floor level (c. 132sq.m) and first floor level (c.132sqm) with no change to the second floor (c. 132sqm) used for male and female toilets, a canteen, an office and a store. The development includes installation of standard coffee-shop fittings and facilities and provides for modifications to one entrance door (to bring it flush with the facade), the removal of another existing entrance door and its replacement with a new window, and the erection of associated external (replacement) signage on the front facades to Cruise's Street & O'Connell Street
    Coffee shop on the ground and first floors. That gives them quite a generous space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm agnostic on the quality of their coffee but it's a good news story for the city centre either way

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good It will stop that location being a breeding ground for scummers to sit on the window sills. They will be alienated and fearful of coffee shop dwellers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good to see that unit being filled but I never shared the attraction of the Starbucks brand or the hype that surrounds it. I have been to the ones in the Microsoft centres up in Dublin and to be honest if overpriced fancy coffees are your thing then fine but I just don't see what the big fuss around the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Vanquished wrote: »
    I've heard rumours of that recently. It seems likely that they are moving in to the old HMV outlet. I would have liked to have seen a quality fashion retailer preferably a mens brand open up in there but that's the way it is.

While it's a big name brand and no doubt it will be a mecca for the city's wannabe hipster brigade, starbucks is blandness personified! Exceptionally ordinary coffee teamed with overpriced prepacked snacks and cakes.

They've pretty much taken over Dublin city centre in the last 18 months so clearly they feel there are opportunities to be exploited in the regional cities. I just hope their presence does not have an adverse impact upon the decent collection of independent cafes we now have in the city centre.

I agree with you about hoping a clothes shop would have opened there. A Topman, Bershka, Gap, Pull and Bear etc would have been handy. Anyway good to see the unit finally occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

I bet that coffee shop in easons is delighted...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Insomnia has better coffee...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Starbucks is in U.L!

Advertisement