Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

eCigShop , opening tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

jonski wrote: »
    eCigShop , opening tomorrow morning

The new cash for gold? How many of the ecig type shops are around Limerick now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I think it's about time Limerick City and County Council did something about copycat businesses. I have no problem with one or two eCigarette shops but they seem to be opening weekly at this stage. Same thing happened with Juice Bars, Milkshake Shops, Cash for Gold and Pound Shops.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another few ice cream shops opening in the near future based on the success of Gusto d'Italia on William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I think it's about time Limerick City and County Council did something about copycat businesses. I have no problem with one or two eCigarette shops but they seem to be opening weekly at this stage.

But what happens logistically?
    The first in will get preference when some of the shops that open a B&M later are the ones that should get the preference as they've been building a good business online and saving enough capital to open a shop (like eCigShop and E-SmokeIreland out in Ennis).

Pop-up chancers are bad but you have to let the market kill them off, otherwise the chancers with capital (like Kix and HealthierSmoker) are the ones who'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think it's about time Limerick City and County Council did something about copycat businesses. I have no problem with one or two eCigarette shops but they seem to be opening weekly at this stage. Same thing happened with Juice Bars, Milkshake Shops, Cash for Gold and Pound Shops.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another few ice cream shops opening in the near future based on the success of Gusto d'Italia on William Street.

I think this Ecig shop will be different ( he said hopefully ) , the others are only glorified , cheap starter kit , cheap juice shops , this guys does everything , this will be the first proper vaping shop in Limerick , something I have been crying out for for ages , no more road trips to Ennis or Galway ( again , hopefully ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I could be wrong, but I thought Gino's gelato was opening on Henry street? Not sure if any ice cream shop would do well during an Irish Winter. Nice to see something different opening up though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ginos could well be opening on Henry St. Gusto d'Italia is a seperate place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yeah, we were in Gusto d'Italia a few weeks ago. I'm sure I'd read on here a while before that Gino's was opening on Henry St, I was surprised to see Gusto d'Italia open after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Ecco shoes are taking the former JR's/Watercolours premises. It's good to see this extensive and quirky old granary building brought back in to use reasonably quickly. I'd love to see the upper floors opened up as well. I always thought it would be a fantastic setting for a restaurant amongst the limestone walls and timber floors.

Gasta the new healthy options restaurant is due to open in the former kranks unit across the street on Monday as well.

I also noticed earlier that the former Sony centre on O'Connell Street has finally been sold and work is underway inside. I would love to see a quality retailer, preferably one not currently represented in Limerick opening up in there but I won't hold my breath on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

I read on their website Ginos are coming to Limerick however I'd prefer to see they set up in one of the empty units on a street like Thomas street or even Cruises street.

• Advertisement

Gino's website has that on it since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Badass Burritos have the sign up on the exterior of the new place on Catherine st so should be opening imminently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Badass Burritos have the sign up on the exterior of the new place on Catherine st so should be opening imminently

Can't see it doing well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I thought I read on here recently about some other Burrito place opening but I can't find it anywhere? Did I imagine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭source

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I thought I read on here recently about some other Burrito place opening but I can't find it anywhere? Did I imagine it?

It was on the burritos thread on here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The posts were deleted as advertising/spam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

An File wrote: »
    The posts were deleted as advertising/spam.

Woah...new burrito place that's not Badass Burritos? Nice! Anyone know where it's going to be?

I do like a good burrito. Hopefully they'll have the proper presser.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Woah...new burrito place that's not Badass Burritos? Nice! Anyone know where it's going to be?

I do like a good burrito. Hopefully they'll have the proper presser.

I got it from the cached pages on Google
    Just want to let you know, Casa De Burritos (Ennis) now opening in Limerick soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Looks like we could be getting a new Butlers Chocolate Café :)

They are looking for an area manager who's duties would be to cover a Limerick branch.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1377598

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They do a great coffee so would be glad of one in the Limerick area. Also great gifts boxes and seasonal items as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Looks like we could be getting a new Butlers Chocolate Café :)

They are looking for an area manager who's duties would be to cover a Limerick branch.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1377598

That would be smashing if it's true! I love their cafés in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

An File wrote: »
    That would be smashing if it's true! I love their cafés in Dublin!

It would be great alright :) Especially since they're such a well known brand, it shows a lot of faith in Limerick to open here. Hopefully others will follow suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I got it from the cached pages on Google
    #
    Used to go in here a bit when in Ennis, but thought the food had gone down a bit last couple of visits. Still, competition can help improve quality

Will also give Badass another go when it opens.

There's a bubble tea shop opening on Rutland Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's a bubble tea shop opening on Rutland Street.

Saw a gallery had opened there today. Kind of looked like a pop up more than anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Saw a gallery had opened there today. Kind of looked like a pop up more than anything though.

Different place, Bubble tea shop opening where Cafe Solo used to be

What's a "bubble tea shop"?
    Are they a chain?

Bubble Tea is a tea/juice drink with little bubbles of juice/lychee at the bottom which are sucked up through a straw. It's a bit of a fad.

Schuh is opening in the Crescent SC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Some amount of care food places opening.is that bubble tea a pop up thing

Advertisement