Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the quinns building sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

bigpink wrote: »
    Is the quinns building sold?

The Council own the building, guess they would be looking to get tenants into the buildings to repair and maintain e.g. bubble tea shop, or to sell. The adult shop has moved out of the unit beside Quinn's, to across to road, if that has any relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

cronin_j wrote: »
    There's a brewery already looking at Quinn's. I had to do the costings for it recently. Not gonna say who or anything like that. Suffice to say they looking at spending a nice bit of wedge in there. A limerick Architect has done the drawings for it.

Galway Bay Brewery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Are you certain that GBB will be opening in Quinn's?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Was in town today and saw the lot beside compub has been sold there are signs for O2 up in the windows but I doubt their going to open another store unless their closing down the other one. Also I noticed theirs a bit of work going on in the shop beside Chocolat today so maybe something new is moving in.

Really? That's strange seeing as O2 has been bought by 3 Ireland which is getting rid of the O2 brand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Really? That's strange seeing as O2 has been bought by 3 Ireland which is getting rid of the O2 brand.

Ya I know it was telling people to call into the Cruises Street store and was definitely O2 as it was blue with the bubbles now it might have said more that that but I just walked past it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Ya I know it was telling people to call into the Cruises Street store and was definitely O2 as it was blue with the bubbles now it might have said more that that but I just walked past it quickly.

That was an O2 store that closed down donkeys years ago and they just left it as is without taking down the branding. It was crap because it was tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭squonk

GBB are opening early September by all accounts. I'd imagine if that's true any deals are done now? Where is/was Quinns? I'm a newbie round these parts.

squonk wrote: »
    GBB are opening early September by all accounts. I'd imagine if that's true any deals are done now? Where is/was Quinns? I'm a newbie round these parts.

If they are opening in September then it won't be Quinns.
    Quinns is across from Cobblestone Joes, between the sex shop and the garden shop. They could call it Hoe Street.

If it's September it could be the Bank it's going into. Can't think of anywhere else they could get into without too much work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Was in town today and saw the lot beside compub has been sold there are signs for O2 up in the windows but I doubt their going to open another store unless their closing down the other one. Also I noticed theirs a bit of work going on in the shop beside Chocolat today so maybe something new is moving in.

sure they arent the signs that were in there previously, wasnt there a phone shop there a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

If it's September it could be the Bank it's going into. Can't think of anywhere else they could get into without too much work.

Bedford Oak/Nevada Smiths/Bitter Lemon/Foxys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

That thought occurred to me too. It would only require cosmetic alterations & a freshening up. The property changed hands in recent months too.

The Sarsfield bar still has a liquor licence attached to it but the premises would need an extensive refurbishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Bedford Oak/Nevada Smiths/Bitter Lemon/Foxys?

It's been split into two units recently and the use has been changed from licensed prem. to retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Vanquished wrote: »
    The Sarsfield bar still has a liquor licence attached to it but the premises would need an extensive refurbishment.

Daffys on Catherine St would be in the same boat I'd imagine.

Just saw another indication that it's around Denmark St. For the new Galway Bay pub. http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?t=10485&p=114698

Crafty Fox were completely out of draught on Friday night when I was in. Came across as winding down but I could be, and probably am, wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Just saw another indication that it's around Denmark St. For the new Galway Bay pub. http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?t=10485&p=114698

Crafty Fox were completely out of draught on Friday night when I was in. Came across as winding down but I could be, and probably am, wrong.

A pub without draft beer is usually an indication of one (or both) of the following:

1. Bad management.
    2. Not be able to pay its suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

GBB will be opening in the Crafty Fox..

Sources are my housemates who work in the Oslo and the Salt House here in Galway, both bars are owned by GBB.

Will be interesting to see if they can replicate their success in Galway and Dublin down in Limerick.

CiaranMT wrote: »

Sources are my housemates who work in the Oslo and the Salt House here in Galway, both bars are owned by GBB.

Will be interesting to see if they can replicate their success in Galway and Dublin down in Limerick.

Hopefully the put a few Euro into they place. It desperately needs a refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Funnily enough I saw two separate people at different times this weekend taking photos through the window of Quin's. Curiosity got the better of me and I strolled past but the alcove seemed boarded up from the inside so not sure what they are doing. Something has definitely changed with the facade but I cannot put my finger on it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Funnily enough I saw two separate people at different times this weekend taking photos through the window of Quin's. Curiosity got the better of me and I strolled past but the alcove seemed boarded up from the inside so not sure what they are doing. Something has definitely changed with the facade but I cannot put my finger on it...

The scaffolding that was on that street is gone, and the adult shop signage has moved across the road.

CiaranMT wrote: »

Pity it's going in there. They will need to do a decent marketing job on it if they are trying to attract a new people to craft / GBB beers. The casual person probably won't even realise the extent of the change in ownership.

Hopefully the put a few Euro into they place. It desperately needs a refurb.

Yeah I think the place needs a total revamp. The interior is cold and uninviting in my book. There are too many negative connotations associated with it from some of its previous incarnations!

A re-fit is essential in changing peoples perceptions of that bar.

They removed the wooden canopy during the remedial works as it was placing stress on the stonework.

Sounds good but the Crafty Fox was open the other week. I'd have imagined it'd have closed now for refurbishment? GBB are talking of opening early September so it's a matter of weeks now. I think the fox does need work. It adds up though as they seemed to be running down stock when I was there last. I was sorry I went in actually. It was a crap experience getting no draught at all. Would they not put covers over the empty taps?

Any updates on the GBB pub? I see the Crafty Fox are upping their game a bit so I'm a bit skeptical the pub will go in there. I was in last night because they're not doing beer tasting so I figured if they were doing that then they had to have beer to taste. They had a lot of Franciscan Well stuff but not much else. Fair play to them for making the effort but it's practically September now and they're showing no signs of closing.

I thought the beer tasting might have been a 'soft launch' for GBB i.e. Come to some free beer tasting. Here are some beers. Oh by the way they're all brewed by GBB. Interested? Followed up by a rebrand a few weeks later for the bar. I do know they were doing a 'trade in your board games for beer' promo recently. The board games thing is very GBB but I figured perhaps they were doing a GBB-a-like effort in order to compete.

It doesn't make much sense for a business to be trying hard to get in punters if they're being taken over imminently so I'm wondering where the GBB pub might actually be going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Maybe they are taking over Burkes? Didn't they close last week? Would be a much better fit for gbb than crafty fox.

Looks like a good fit alright. They're talking Early September. I've not been in Bourkes but if it's in good nick which it looks to be, then they'd have a fast enough move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

cronin_j wrote: »

Wonder how many of these are 'door to door sales' roles.. hopefully not many of the 46 Jobs announced.

Advertisement