Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

RINO87 wrote: »
    Anyone have any more news on the Galway bay pub? All gone a bit quiet. Nowt on beoir either. I want my pint of foam and fury!!!!
    squonk wrote: »
    I've seen Early September floated as the date for the GBB pub opening. It's now um, early September and I'd have expected some announcements at this stage for the purposes of advance publicity (i.e. me camping out to have the first Of Foam And Fury in the joint). They were running a competition to allow FB users pick a name for the pub and there hasn't been any feedback from that yet either. I wish they'd start naming locations at this stage and getting us all riled up for the onslaught!
    I've never been in any of the pubs from this chain, are they really worth getting this excited about?
    Spot on!! Yes it is worth getting excited about!! Finally a proper brew pub in limerick, we've had half assed versions of them for too long.
    Maybe some movement on this, crafty Fox are advertising for staff on their facebook page. Strange tho if it was GBB I would imagine they would set up a new page rather than advertise on one that has numerous bands complaining about not getting paid for a gig in the venue.
    Was talking with one of the barmen in the Salthouse in Galway at the weekend, said they (GBB) were taking over the Crafty Fox, wouldn't give me anything regarding a timeline though

Sorry guys, only seeing this now and I have to apologise for my previous post about the Crafty Fox being taken over. I've been told that this venture isn't going ahead (not in the immediate future at least).

Sorry to get your hopes up! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Ah bollocks.

TBH they dodged a bullet taking over that spot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

zweton wrote: »
    anyone hear anything about general motors hiring? they are setting up out near UL i believe.

two of my friends got a position there, may be too late to apply as training already started

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Definitely opening so. Area manager must be hired and now they're hiring for Cafe staff. Butlers Chocolates. I love their Coffee, they are well trained.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1383866

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Definitely opening so. Area manager must be hired and now they're hiring for Cafe staff. Butlers Chocolates. I love their Coffee, they are well trained.
    Hope they have pastéis de nata. (Portuguese custard tarts).
    Insomnia didn't seem to bring them with them to Limerick but maybe Butlers will...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hope they have pastéis de nata. (Portuguese custard tarts).
    Insomnia didn't seem to bring them with them to Limerick but maybe Butlers will...

4fm said it was the crescent. Knowing the size of the stores I hope its in the former a wear store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭squonk

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Sorry guys, only seeing this now and I have to apologise for my previous post about the Crafty Fox being taken over. I've been told that this venture isn't going ahead (not in the immediate future at least).

Sorry to get your hopes up! :o

Ah ball! So I know the Crafty Fox isn't been taken over. TBH it never looked like it seeing as they've been tyring to drum up business themselves the past while. So is GBB moving here dead in the water for now or just that it won't be the Crafty Fox? Seems a bit mad after they announced the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Beer Baron wrote: »
    4fm said it was the crescent. Knowing the size of the stores I hope its in the former a wear store.

Former A-wear is already branded as Schuh and being refitted currently.
    If it is going to be in the crescent, it could be the vacant Barrats unit in the centre square maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

banie01 wrote: »
    Former A-wear is already branded as Schuh and being refitted currently.
    If it is going to be in the crescent, it could be the vacant Barrats unit in the centre square maybe?

Schuh are taking a chance with that spot. It seems to me that the majority of their business is in trainers and JD sports (right next door) seem to have a far better selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ah bollocks.

TBH they dodged a bullet taking over that spot anyway.
    squonk wrote: »
    Ah ball! So I know the Crafty Fox isn't been taken over. TBH it never looked like it seeing as they've been tyring to drum up business themselves the past while. So is GBB moving here dead in the water for now or just that it won't be the Crafty Fox? Seems a bit mad after they announced the move?

Like I said in a previous post, I'm getting information from housemates who work in the company here in Galway so I can't be considered as a definitive source.. Just take it as dead in the water for now.

Personally, I think the Crafty Fox was a poor location anyway, wrong side of Cruises St for it to be a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

two of my friends got a position there, may be too late to apply as training already started

I'm amazed this bypassed me, never heard of GM setting up any operations in Limerick at all.

Out by UL you say, I assume Plassey, any idea which building?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Like I said in a previous post, I'm getting information from housemates who work in the company here in Galway so I can't be considered as a definitive source.. Just take it as dead in the water for now.

Personally, I think the Crafty Fox was a poor location anyway, wrong side of Cruises St for it to be a success.

Wasn't living here when The Bank was open but it looks good. Nice and big, fairly bright and not the worst location. Bourkes looks ideal! Hopefully 2015 will bring some proper Draught Craft to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so what will general motors be doing in plassey?? manufacturing car parts?? logistics??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'm amazed this bypassed me, never heard of GM setting up any operations in Limerick at all.

Out by UL you say, I assume Plassey, any idea which building?

I spoke to someone who got a job there and I'm fairly sure he said they were taking over a floor of the old Limerick County Council Bldg at the Crescent Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

fryup wrote: »
    so what will general motors be doing in plassey?? manufacturing car parts?? logistics??

All IT jobs. They are developing a SAP Software centre with some network/ hardware/ middleware jobs as well

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The bubble tea shop on Patrick St, opposite the Hunt museum and where Cafe Solo used to be, was open yesterday (they sell coffee too, I checked!). They also serve food, didn't eat there yesterday though so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The Orchard seems to have reopened for food. There was signs outside it when I passed this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Saw signs on a premises on Bedford row - beside the barbers , that a new Asian restaurant was opening soon .

Parchment wrote: »
    Saw signs on a premises on Bedford row - beside the barbers , that a new Asian restaurant was opening soon .

Oh good. Don't think there is enough of them in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Crafty Fox Facebook page has become 'yellow budgie IRL'.. On phone so.no link but attached screen shot..

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Crafty Fox Facebook page has become 'yellow budgie IRL'.. On phone so.no link but attached screen shot..

No it hasn't

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    No it hasn't

Yes, it has. https://www.facebook.com/YellowBudgie.students?fref=ts

All the old posts refer to events and offers in the Crafty Fox.

No it hasn't

Yes they have, and look there's even a lovely picture for you.... You think I just pulled it out of my ass like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes they have, and look there's even a lovely picture for you.... You think I just pulled it out of my ass like?!

No yellow budgies out of ass's please!

phill106 wrote: »
    No yellow budgies out of ass's please!

Haha apologies for the image :p

The new Yellow Budgie thing looks dodgy as fúck! Some transition from selling craft beer to this!

It was still showing up as The Crafty Fox for me last night. It looks like the let an employee setup their Business Page as a personal page, and that employee has since jumped ship and taken the Facebook with him/her.

It was still showing up as The Crafty Fox for me last night. It looks like the let an employee setup their Business Page as a personal page, and that employee has since jumped ship and taken the Facebook with him/her.

They had 3 Facebook pages, all 3 have changed.. Looks like that's
    What's going I'm there..

Had a look at that yellow budgie website...I have a bad feeling about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Same as the last 3 names they had.

Sounds Knackery, da yella budjeeee

Advertisement