Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Lisa2011 wrote: »

Where did you get your information.

I know some people living in houses either side of it and there is no way they would sell up at the age they are at.

The part in bold, that's where. :pac::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Do aldi do the fresh bakery or is that lidl? whichever of those are the ones that do fresh baked cookies and doughnuts gets my vote.

does anyone think the closed hmv shop would be a good location for a big coffee shop like Starbucks/dunkin donuts? God I'd love to be able to have something like that as a treat on an occasional Friday.

The days of small corner shops are well and truly over. It is the nature of competition with the big supermarkets.

Even places like Eurospar in Moyross and Supervalue in Grove Island are going to feel the heat from the bigger stores. They simply can't compete with the likes of Aldi and Lidl.

I don't like seeing any business close but at the end of the day I shop where the best prices are and that, in general, tends to be the German retail stores.

Having been ripped off by "Irish" retailers for years I don't have any qualms about taking my business elsewhere.

always glad to see big competition and lowering prices as consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

does anyone think the closed hmv shop would be a good location for a big coffee shop like Starbucks/dunkin donuts? God I'd love to be able to have something like that as a treat on an occasional Friday.

The HMV with all the Costa Coffee branding in the windows?
    (sorry, didn't mean to be smart)

The HMV with all the Costa Coffee branding in the windows?
    (sorry, didn't mean to be smart)

Haha I don't mind. Is there definitely a Costa opening there? Always thought it'd make a cool cafe with the upstairs if they made a comfortable lounge area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Haha I don't mind. Is there definitely a Costa opening there? Always thought it'd make a cool cafe with the upstairs if they made a comfortable lounge area

Yeah. The windows give it away alright . First 2 floors will have seating.

But they won't be adjusting their prices for the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

jmch81 wrote: »
    A new shop opening up in Arthur's Quay shopping centre, looks like a Halloween shop.

Anyone by any chance know when this will be opening?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Apparently there was a queue outside it yesterday, so I assume it was opening yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

A new coffee shop open just off William St on Foxes Bow, very small place but the lady running it seems pleasant, coffee is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

A new coffee shop open just off William St on Foxes Bow, very small place but the lady running it seems pleasant, coffee is good too.

Two new ones have opened on Fox's Bow in the last few months - The Stormy Teacup and The Cellar. I think both stay open late, which is something the city needs if it's going to attract more people to live in the centre.

Are you talking about a third one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Unless posted already:

Something is going into the unit next to Laura Ashley.

I remember doing quotes for work in there for a major chain years back, just reminds me how long it's been vacant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I think the best place (for the city) for a Starbucks is down on the quays, near Milanos/ Clohessys. Anything that opens there won't get passing trade so would need to be high profile enough to bring customers down there. Also AFAIK they open late, bringing a bit of life down there in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Unless posted already:

I remember doing quotes for work in there for a major chain years back, just reminds me how long it's been vacant.

I mentioned that here a couple of weeks ago but haven't found out what's going in there yet! I work around the corner so I'm very interested/nosey! :D I had a look in the back door last week but I couldn't tell what was going in there. :pac:

There were plans for a BB's back in 2008 but that never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Unless posted already:

That unit has planning permission for a cafe/restaurant.

It's difficult to see what's going on in there. It's well screened off.

Do you know what the city centre really needs?

Another coffee shop.

pigtown wrote: »
    I think the best place (for the city) for a Starbucks is down on the quays, near Milanos/ Clohessys. Anything that opens there won't get passing trade so would need to be high profile enough to bring customers down there. Also AFAIK they open late, bringing a bit of life down there in the evenings.

A cafe is currently being fitted out on the ground floor of the apartment block on the corner of Harveys Quay and Bedford Row. The planning application stated they intended to open until 9pm.

Do you know what the city centre really needs?

Another coffee shop.

Late night coffee shop! :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see Audi are opening in Limerick.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/10/09/audi-to-bring-new-jobs-to-limerick/

Where abouts in this, exactly? They mentioned the old dublin road, but I wasn't sure where.

MarkR wrote: »

Where abouts in this, exactly? They mentioned the old dublin road, but I wasn't sure where.

Frank Hogan's maybe? Just before the junction of Dublin Road and St. Patrick's Road. They were there before, weren't they?

MarkR wrote: »

Does Frank Hogan not have Audi anymore?

Late night cafe. See The Buttery on Bedford row soon.

For Audi. Supposed to be Singland motors.

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote: »

Ya, that are actually is nice now, been to clohessys for lunch a few times, never disappoints, especially during the summer when you could sit outside in the sun. Thing is a company as big as Starbucks that has pulling power probably wouldn't locate somewhere just to benefit the town/city and would see the crescent as a better opportunity since they'd know there'll be lots of customers in that area anyway. What time does the Starbucks in Dublin stay open until? Would actually be good to have a late night establishment for people to go to that doesn't involve alcohol

Ya, that are actually is nice now, been to clohessys for lunch a few times, never disappoints, especially during the summer when you could sit outside in the sun

Ahem ....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/blow-for-limerick-as-clohessys-sports-pub-forced-to-close-290146.html

zulutango wrote: »

Fuk, no more massive chicken curry and roast beef lunches at clohessys!!!

Frank Hogan is not a main Audi dealer. Just used cars and servicing.

The Joe Duffy motor group have secured the franchise from Audi Ireland for the mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

zulutango wrote: »
    Frank Hogan's maybe? Just before the junction of Dublin Road and St. Patrick's Road. They were there before, weren't they?

Frank Hogan lost the Audi franchise about 2 years ago when Audi reorganized their Irish dealer network. According to the article in the Limerick Post the new franchise will be run by Joe Duffy who is a large multi-franchise dealer in Dublin and not the radio show host. :)

Still not sure where they are talking about though as the Old Dublin Road runs from the Aldi/Travel Lodge up as far as the Parkway roundabout. The obvious choice to me would have been the former O'Mara Motors showroom on the Tipperary road that was only built back in 2008. I wonder have the Limerick Post got their wires crossed or is it one of the retail units between Aldi and the Travel Lodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Fuk, no more massive chicken curry and roast beef lunches at clohessys!!!

so thats why they closed, gave too much on the plates, they should have been like most of the places i used go into in town, plenty for a wan on the diet, but for a growing boy, just starters.

The Debts may have closed it(so we're told) but I would think that some savvy investor would get it at a bargain and either run it themselves or lease it out.

New restaurant, Clover, on Bedford Row is going to be a Japanese and Thai place!

That's three Japanese places in the last 12 months.

Only 3 Japanese places? Going by the nature of new businesses in Limerick I'd say about another 20 should open in the city centre in the next 6 months so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Only 3 Japanese places? Going by the nature of new businesses in Limerick I'd say about another 20 should open in the city centre in the next 6 months so.

I spotted a second costume shop opening up. In the old fishing shop on Ellen Street.

Reminds me of this:
    “This year I invested in pumpkins. They’ve been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they’re going to peak right around January. Then bang! That’s when I’ll cash in.”

Advertisement