Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is that the spot that used to be a café?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, they knocked into the unit next door too. It was an African food store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭RINO87

24/7? Up there?

Good luck with that!

I dunno, think most of the undesirables have been moved on from the area, I'd walk past the shop most nights 'on the way home from work, anywhere between 2-4am, few people milling about the shop but still to spot any trouble. Chap running it seems to have his head screwed on and knows the story, he's been a taxi driver on town for a good while. Some chap for working too, everytime you pass the place he's in it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

QuickPick opened on Henry St. opposite Subway. a lad in tesco told me they're open 24/7 anyone knows if that's the case? if so it's the only shop open 24/7 apart from petrol stations, and locate within walking distance from CC

Where exactly is this? Am I thinking of wrong place? Opposite Subway is post office and Sextons pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Where exactly is this? Am I thinking of wrong place? Opposite Subway is post office and Sextons pub.

Other end of that block. It used to be the Henry Street Deli. It's on the corner of Contarf Place/Henry street, opposite the Old Stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

apologies, highlydebased is right
    it's here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What's quick pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What's quick pick?
    It's just a newsagents/deli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's just a newsagents/deli

Oh that's right.

Centra on the dock road is 24 hour and they have chicken rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Friend of mine, currently works icon, was told he'd be moving there tuesdays and thursdays shortly.

RAG week is when theyre planning a giant launch party..

Apparently the aim is to 'crush crush'
    Well the angel lane facebook page was updated to "something big is about to happen" so it should be opening soon. There wouldn't be much work really to have done to it would there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Does anyone know whats going into the old FAS office up opposite the train station? There seems to be a lot of work going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

Hey that place may finally have helped somebody find work.
    They were actually ok when I was unfortunate enough to be visiting them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭The_Dave

Parchment wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats going into the old FAS office up opposite the train station? There seems to be a lot of work going on there.
    The Social Welfare will be using it for Public Service cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The_Dave wrote: »
    The Social Welfare will be using it for Public Service cards

Oh ok, Boards knows all! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

New signs gone up on Pascals out westbury direction, Serva i think I spotted Bar & Bistro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Joe, just a point of advice. I called in the other night and it was OK, I felt the ribs were a bit dry under too much sauce, the chicken just seemed like a half roast chicken, the burger was very good, sausage fine.
    My biggest problem and it's something which Irish people are passionate about was the chips, you need to be making fresh chips or at least improving on whatever we were served.
    Would you not slow cook beef(brisket or similar) like you do the pork?

El Toro?
    I've had the ribs 3 times and they were delicious every time. Fall off the bone.
    The chicken is like a roast chicken with a charcoal like BBQ flavour, it's lovely.
    The sausage was ok.
    I usually get the sweet potato fries and the burnt end beans. Both delicious!

I'm a fan of the beers they have there too. The Brewdog IPA is savage stuff :)

The only concern of mine really was that maybe a chipotle mayo dip would be nice to go with the yam fries but I've really enjoyed it there every time and the staff are A1!

I highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Tiger opening on cruises st February 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Tiger opening on cruises st February 10th.

I see the old GAME store being outfitted today. Is that what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭xxbrady

Anyone hear of zipyard coming to the cresent? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone know what going on in the old spar shop next to driscols pub in Corbally I have seen work men going in and out over the last week or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I see the old GAME store being outfitted today. Is that what this is?

Yup that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Craigels wrote: »
    Anyone know what going on in the old spar shop next to driscols pub in Corbally I have seen work men going in and out over the last week or so...

Think someone in this thread said Hook and Ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I don't know why zipyard is so popular, they are overpriced and offer a very shoddy service. Nearly ruined a jacket I brought in to have altered. Had to take it to someone else to get fixed and that person said they have been inundated with people bringing botched jobs from zipyatd to get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Centra on O'Connell Street has plans to knock into Empire Music and double its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Tiger opened today, there's only one empty unit in Cruises Street now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Whatever happened to Del Arte taking/re-opening Ivans in Caherdavin? I thought it was to be in place before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

moby2101 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Del Arte taking/re-opening Ivans in Caherdavin? I thought it was to be in place before Christmas?

Thought 2 weeks ago when a few of the lights were on there was activity but, even today, those lights are still on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Thought 2 weeks ago when a few of the lights were on there was activity but, even today, those lights are still on. :rolleyes:
    Strange one, I heard originally that it was all systems go for a grand pre Christmas opening, guess they hit a planning issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

moby2101 wrote: »
    Strange one, I heard originally that it was all systems go for a grand pre Christmas opening, guess they hit a planning issue

Was speaking to someone involved with it recently. It is still going ahead apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Was speaking to someone involved with it recently. It is still going ahead apparently.

Is this the same Del Arte that is in the crescent shopping centre? Was in there once or twice. Thought their food was so..so. Can't say ill be rushing back to eat there.

Advertisement