Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'll need the ladder district for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

And for the hooks???? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

And for the hooks???? ;-)

Catherine street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Hook and Ladder are opening in Corbally tomorrow.

Looking in the windows it looks like there is a large investment gone into the place.

Best of luck to them, it will be interesting to see if it does well

Opening Tuesday I'm told, Monday is clean up day for staff, plus footpath is still dug up outside.

And a lot of money gone in by the looks of it from passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Hook and Ladder in city centre is popular. There is alot of people living in Corbally and the surrounding areas. I think it will do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Hook and Ladder in city centre is popular. There is alot of people living in Corbally and the surrounding areas. I think it will do well.

Judging by the amount of cars parked outside over the last few days i'd say they'd a good opening Wk.. However not helping the traffic situation as cars look to pull up outside and make their way back into traffic,

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Judging by the amount of cars parked outside over the last few days i'd say they'd a good opening Wk.. However not helping the traffic situation as cars look to pull up outside and make their way back into traffic,

The lack of parking might be an issue. Plus I dont think the pub would be happy with people parking there. Then again maybe they both can being business to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

O'Driscolls pub seem to have most of their car park closed off these days, I presume to prevent Hook and Ladder customers parking in it.

They must have had some opening weekend as any time I passed there were plenty of cars on both sides of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

dont think driscolls are impressed at all, can you blame them ??, its impacted rush hour traffic too with the amount of cars parked on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Texas Steakout hoping to knock into the Cellar restaurant to expand kitchen and dining areas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the building being worked on Catherine st beside franklins shoe repair the new Mickey martins??

bigpink wrote: »
    Is the building being worked on Catherine st beside franklins shoe repair the new Mickey martins??

No. Same owner but that's it.

They are opening a new place tho a bar wine maybe gastro pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Is Starbucks open yet?.....Somebody told me yesterday it was, but I didn't pay much attention to it the last time I was in town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is Starbucks open yet?.....Somebody told me yesterday it was, but I didn't pay much attention to it the last time I was in town

There hasn't even been confirmation that they are opening...just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

There hasn't even been confirmation that they are opening...just speculation.

Thanks - yeah i was thinking as much. Gah! Hearsay hearsay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Does anyone know why is actually going into the building that Starbucks supposedly are as the reserved sign has been up for a while but no work has been done.

Also has anyone been to the new coffee shop in that tiny unit at the potato market which opened recently seems to be in a strange location and I doubt it will succeed unless they have really good coffee or something to get people to come to them.

Anybody know what's being done in the massive yard on mulgrave street, across from the fire station.

Willis construction have been doing a lot of work in there lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Anybody know what's being done in the massive yard on mulgrave street, across from the fire station.

Willis construction have been doing a lot of work in there lately.

New Courts Complex
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/new-courts-complex-for-limerick-to-be-delivered-in-2017-1-6449750

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The guy at the potato market is selling 3fe coffee, he said he's the only place selling it (it was nice in fairness). He also has some pastries, not sure if they're his own or bought in though. Hope he does well.

Would the work near the fire station be anything to do with the courts moving up near the prison or is it too far down?

• Advertisement

What's 3fe coffee?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

What's 3fe coffee?

Popular coffee bean supplier based (I think) in Dublin. Edit: yep Dublin
    https://www.3fe.com

What's 3fe coffee?

A chain of coffee shops in Dublin. They also supply coffee to other coffee shops and you can buy the whole or ground beans off them also if you so wish. They are very popular and make lovely coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Bored_lad wrote: »

Also has anyone been to the new coffee shop in that tiny unit at the potato market which opened recently seems to be in a strange location and I doubt it will succeed unless they have really good coffee or something to get people to come to them.

It's the macaroon guy from the Milk Market, he opened on the Riverfest week. I have been there a few times, coffee is really good, I love the chocolate éclairs ( the best in town IMO) and my wife like the opéra cake. We are not very much into macaroons but they do look very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Tefral

elmolesto wrote: »
    It's the macaroon guy from the Milk Market, he opened on the Riverfest week. I have been there a few times, coffee is really good, I love the chocolate éclairs ( the best in town IMO) and my wife like the opéra cake. We are not very much into macaroons but they do look very nice.

Jodys?! My missus goes in and buys the Macaroons every week. The salted caramel ones are unreal!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

cronin_j wrote: »
    Jodys?! My missus goes in and buys the Macaroons every week. The salted caramel ones are unreal!:P

That's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That's good news so, I spoke to that guy in the market a few times and his macaroons were quite good although not as nice as the baklava which was next door. He was a pastry chef in some well known place before setting out on his own, good luck to him, i'll pay a visit soon. I've not had that coffee but look forward to trying it out.

I didn't know it was him I've bought macaroons off him before in the market and they were lovely. I hope it goes well for him but the location just isn't great. Hopefully he will have enough customers who know him from the market and will come to him there to help him survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

When is Ivan's reopening? I keep hearing on that radio at the end of the month but that advert went out in April too!

• Advertisement

unichick wrote: »
    When is Ivan's reopening? I keep hearing on that radio at the end of the month but that advert went out in April too!

I think I saw on their Facebook page today that's its Thursday but I'll double check for you now.

Edit: Definitely Thursday they're on their Facebook page anyway.

Advertisement