Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is Aubars gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Is Aubars gone?

Same people own Coqbull in Cork as own Aubars (and the Cornstore Restaurants).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

pigtown wrote: »
    UK cafe chain Patisserie Valerie are reportedly looking to open in Limerick, and according to @limerickcitybiz Regatta clothing are opening in the city. No idea where though.

Patisserie Valerie would be fantastic. I often pop in to their places when I'm roaming round the UK. They do upmarket coffee/tea/patisserie cafés with suberb service.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Don't know of its been posted here already but Insomnia appear to be opening a new shop in the city they say it will be open mid August. I assume that means they are moving out of Easons. Found the information here http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1448612

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Don't know of its been posted here already but Insomnia appear to be opening a new shop in the city they say it will be open mid August. I assume that means they are moving out of Easons. Found the information here http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1448612

...who's to say they can't sustain more than one outlet in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

ongarboy wrote: »
    ...who's to say they can't sustain more than one outlet in Limerick?

Im sure insomnia wont lose any sleep over it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 leo505050

Maybe Insomnia will open where Munster Rugby store was, there's actually no coffee shop on that street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

leo505050 wrote: »
    Maybe Insomnia will open where Munster Rugby store was, there's actually no coffee shop on that street

Something else is going into that unit. There is a coffee shop across the road and plenty more within a very short walking distance. I love coffee and spend far too much on it but it is truly extraordinary how many outlets we now have.
    Insomnia coffee is quite good imo and in my very limited experience the grub is fine, there's plenty worse places doing quite well.

Something else is going into that unit.

Do you know what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Do you know what?
    heard some form of fish and chip restaurant

• Advertisement

Looks as if the first tenant for the Thomas Street Centre is going to be the cheap and tacky Smiles Dental chain.

They've applied for planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Looks as if the first tenant for the Thomas Street Centre is going to be the cheap and tacky Smiles Dental chain.

They've applied for planning.

Denis O Briens nephew built that chain didn't he? Are us plebs even allowed to infer that it is anything but the best way to look after your teeth?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Denis O Briens nephew built that chain didn't he? Are us plebs even allowed to infer that it is anything but the best way to look after your teeth?

of course you are allowed infer it.

the papers just can't say that you inferred it...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Cherrycoke wrote: »

25 reviews already, all five stars.

Is that the old McGregor's bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jmch81 wrote: »
    25 reviews already, all five stars.

Is that the old McGregor's bar?

Molly's

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Molly's

According to their facebook their address is 4 Ellen Street and thats where McGregors was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Pandiani wrote: »
    According to their facebook their address is 4 Ellen Street and thats where McGregors was.

I remember going in there in the mid 90'w and there was part of an old Morris Minor hanging on a wall, they used to have a real fire as well which was lovely in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I remember it myself. The bit out the back was nearly bigger than the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Starbucks have been advertising again this week for more staff.
    Apparently there is big demand but a lack of suitable space for restaurant outletsin Limerick with a number of chains including Five Guys and ASK having difficulty finding premises.

• Advertisement

Starbucks have been advertising again this week for more staff.
    Apparently there is big demand but a lack of suitable space for restaurant outletsin Limerick with a number of chains including Five Guys and ASK having difficulty finding premises.

Any link to the Starbucks add I know someone looking for work.

Ya I can see how that would be when you actually think about we don't have that many large empty spaces available in the city. The tourist office will free up one and if the opera centre is ever done there should be loads in there but when that's finished or work even starts on it I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Any link to the Starbucks add I know someone looking for work.

Ya I can see how that would be when you actually think about we don't have that many large empty spaces available in the city. The tourist office will free up one and if the opera centre is ever done there should be loads in there but when that's finished or work even starts on it I don't know.

http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1463331

Thanks for that I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Molly's

Is Molly's closed??

Where was McGregors? I can't place it for the life of me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bazz26 wrote: »

How long is it closed? I don't ever really remember a pub there.
    Also couldn't see any business opening back up in those units in the near future, at least not without a substantial investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Treepole wrote: »
    How long is it closed? I don't ever really remember a pub there.
    Also couldn't see any business opening back up in those units in the near future, at least not without a substantial investment.

That block is in the designated Opera Centre. It has been closed for years along with most of the other units. Quinn's Pub which is further down the street would have been around alot longer than McGregor's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There was a piece in the post last week about quinns and when I saw the picture it's like the pub just froze in time except for the cobwebs and stuff.

I remember both pubs. I hope the publican is getting a great deal because none of those buildings look in great condition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Which building was Utopia before they were paid handsomely to move across the street?
    Like Arthur Maynes bar in cork (ex pharmacy) - could they just open a bar there and keep some of the products & paraphenalia as display items? LOL.

New-Picture.png

Advertisement