Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Which building was Utopia before they were paid handsomely to move across the street?
    Like Arthur Maynes bar in cork (ex pharmacy) - could they just open a bar there and keep some of the products & paraphenalia as display items? LOL.

New-Picture.png

Utopia. Didn't Nora Bennis and a few of her cronies try to get that closed ? gave the shop much more publicity than they could ever have paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

I walked past that Molly's bar earlier. It's getting a complete refit. That would lend weight to the claim that the new bar is going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Mc Gregors used to be called the James Joyce at one stage . Mid to late eighties I reckon .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    Mc Gregors used to be called the James Joyce at one stage . Mid to late eighties I reckon .

Up to Mid 90's, it was the go to place for underage drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

paid for my first pint in there in probably 1992.

Pint of Carlsberg - £1.65 if I remember right ..... Jesus I'm oldddddddddddddddd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mitresize5 wrote: »
    paid for my first pint in there in probably 1992.

Pint of Carlsberg - £1.65 if I remember right ..... Jesus I'm oldddddddddddddddd

People look at me talking about spending £s the same way I look at people talking about shillings.

Circle of life. Tell a young person about how you used to have to spin a wheel to dial a number on a phone and they'll think you're mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    People look at me talking about spending £s the same way I look at people talking about shillings.

Circle of life. Tell a young person about how you used to have to spin a wheel to dial a number on a phone and they'll think you're mental.

After we changed from Pounds, Shillings and Pence to the "new money" I remember asking the local shop keeper how much was the penny bar, tuppence she growled and she wasn't joking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw a sign on a shop window on Arthur's Quay, facing onto Patrick Street that Regatta ( I think) Outdoor Shop is opening shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

phog wrote: »
    I saw a sign on a shop window on Arthur's Quay, facing onto Patrick Street that Regatta ( I think) Outdoor Shop is opening shortly.

Yeah they're opening in the unit formerly occupied by the pharmacy.

I noticed that the former Helene Modes premises on Roches Street has been subdivided with works taking place throughout the building.

The roof and top floor facade of the former Munster rugby store have been removed so the ongoing renovation is pretty extensive. Lets hope that the city centre gains a quality retailer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

One of my (strangely inexplicably) favourite outlets in Limerick, Moviedrome on Henry Street seems to have halved it's premises and is now operating out of one shop front, the one on the left is to be a ....... wait for it............ Barber shop!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aw. I remember the other side being popular for video game tournaments and meet-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

phill106 wrote: »
    Im sure insomnia wont lose any sleep over it

Witty!:D They also have a cafe in Limerick I.T. so this new outlet will be their 3rd in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ongarboy wrote: »
    Witty!:D They also have a cafe in Limerick I.T. so this new outlet will be their 3rd in Limerick!

Did they take over from Costa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

There looks like a barbers going into the Patrick Street front of Athurs Quay, not sure that's a good idea when there is another just inside. Sometimes we over saturate the market and then all of them have to close due to lack of business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

There looks like a barbers going into the Patrick Street front of Athurs Quay, not sure that's a good idea when there is another just inside. Sometimes we over saturate the market and then all of them have to close due to lack of business.

Not a lot of common sense amongst business owners in Limerick it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

There has been activity at the old great gas station on the dock road in the last few days, anyone one whats going on?

davo2001 wrote: »
    There has been activity at the old great gas station on the dock road in the last few days, anyone one whats going on?

Five Guys Drive through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Five Guys Drive through.

While I know you're taking the piss I'm tempted to report your post for getting my hopes up even for a few seconds.;) I've never been to five guys but I've heard good things and I believe we will see them in Limerick in a few years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who remembers the epic Nandos spoof the year before last? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My money is on M&S going in there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

An File wrote: »

I have to say, I don't see the appeal of nandos at all, been to the one in swords and its overpriced crap IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

davo2001 wrote: »
    I have to say, I don't see the appeal of nandos at all, been to the one in swords and its overpriced crap IMHO.

You could say the same about carvery and several popular but faulty BMW/audi but it doesn't stop joe public loving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

While I know you're taking the piss I'm tempted to report your post for getting my hopes up even for a few seconds.;) I've never been to five guys but I've heard good things and I believe we will see them in Limerick in a few years.

I have no idea if Five Guys are opening on the Dock Road or not but.....http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/dermot-desmond-s-sons-to-bring-five-guys-to-ireland-1.2081479

Sorry meant to say Starbucks Drive through and an Abercrombie and Fitch outlet store.
    Five Guys are looking for a site in Limerick but are having difficulty finding one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Sorry meant to say Starbucks Drive through and an Abercrombie and Fitch outlet store.
    Five Guys are looking for a site in Limerick but are having difficulty finding one.

Nice one, I wonder how long it'll be before we can apply to become the 51st state of U.S.A altogether!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Nice one, I wonder how long it'll be before we can apply to become the 51st state of U.S.A altogether!

If you go by sales of US based sportswear, we've been that for a good few years now.

An File wrote: »

Thank Christ it was only a spoof. Overrated expensive rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Signage up for new unit going into old AIB unit at old ark tavern site, could be a butcher I think, hard to tell driving by

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

One of my (strangely inexplicably) favourite outlets in Limerick, Moviedrome on Henry Street seems to have halved it's premises and is now operating out of one shop front, the one on the left is to be a ....... wait for it............ Barber shop!!!!

Nice place and the owner is an absolute gent. Always go in there to print out forms and boarding passes etc. Don't know how he makes a living though, surely no one is still renting DVDs anymore?

Advertisement