Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lone wolf Is gone into molly's.
    All change in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bennyl10 wrote: »

Any reason why they had the address as 14 Ellen Street? That seems to be given as the old McGregors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jofspring wrote: »
    Any reason why they had the address as 14 Ellen Street? That seems to be given as the old McGregors.

I've no clue.. Walked past mollys today and they've the rain shelter things above the door saying lone wolf, and they've a blue neon.wolf inside the door, seemingly a good bit of redecorating going on aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

bennyl10 wrote: »

well thats a disappointment. Anyone know did the place change hands or is it just a rebranding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

lizzyman wrote: »
    Nice place and the owner is an absolute gent. Always go in there to print out forms and boarding passes etc. Don't know how he makes a living though, surely no one is still renting DVDs anymore?

Ah, so I can get a haircut and spend some time online! Nice one!
    Great place is Moviedrome. Guys working there are sound too.
    Nice place to pass an afternoon during premier league season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Art and hobby back open on cruises street which means all units full for the first time in years

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

There looks like a barbers going into the Patrick Street front of Athurs Quay, not sure that's a good idea when there is another just inside. Sometimes we over saturate the market and then all of them have to close due to lack of business.

This is now open, passed it today.

sioda wrote: »
    Art and hobby back open on cruises street which means all units full for the first time in years

They were all full around two months ago, announced it in the paper and a few days later two units closed down again.

Great to see its full now. Needs some more footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Two vacant shops on O'Connell St being gutted and renovated. Hopefully someone moving in to them. Add the tourist office and the new Apple Store then great to see a few more places on the street being occupied.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

phog wrote: »
    Two vacant shops on O'Connell St being gutted and renovated. Hopefully someone moving in to them. Add the tourist office and the new Apple Store then great to see a few more places on the street being occupied.

While it's good to see empty units being taken, Compu B and the tourist office just moved leaving their old premises vacant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

djdunny wrote: »
    well thats a disappointment. Anyone know did the place change hands or is it just a rebranding.

Just a rebranding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Went to the Lone Wolf at the weekend what a let down

While it's good to see empty units being taken, Compu B and the tourist office just moved leaving their old premises vacant.

CompuB is a larger store and the Tourist Office will surely add foot fall to the main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Any news about when M&S, Nando's , DfS, Macy's , A&F, Cartier etc are expected to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Any news about when M&S, Nando's , DfS, Macy's , A&F, Cartier etc are expected to open?
    They're ALL sh1t, apparently.

DFS were looking for staff I believe and the Old O'Maras building on the Ballysimon road has sold signs up on it so I take it they will be moving in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well at least Hook and Ladder are on growth street after announcing the castletroy shopping centre as a location.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

CompuB is a larger store and the Tourist Office will surely add foot fall to the main Street.

True but they're only moving, leaving empty units behind them. Just like PTSB moving into O'Connell St while leaving empty units on William St. and Sarsfield St.
    So while 3 units on O'Connell St. will now be in use, 4 units (one of which is also on O'Connell St.) will now be empty.
    New business is needed more than current onces changing premises.

Uber opening a centre of excellence in Limerick. It will be in the empty unit on the corner of Thomas Street and Catherine Street. They have taken a lease for 10 years. Taking on 50 people initially, up to 150 and are looking to have 300 employees over the next few years. That is a lot of jobs for the city centre which is great.

I had thought Starbucks was to go into that building?? Even thought they had advertised for staff? Maybe Starbucks on ground floor and Uber using the upper floors.

It would bring serious footfall to the businesses in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

uber the (NOT)Taxi crowd? thats fantastic news

• Advertisement

Uber opening a centre of excellence in Limerick. It will be in the empty unit on the corner of Thomas Street and Catherine Street. They have taken a lease for 10 years. Taking on 50 people initially, up to 150 and are looking to have 300 employees over the next few years. That is a lot of jobs for the city centre which is great.

I had thought Starbucks was to go into that building?? Even thought they had advertised for staff? Maybe Starbucks on ground floor and Uber using the upper floors.

That's brilliant news for the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I'm so used to things like this going to Dublin, Cork, Galway, Dundalk,<insert anywhere but Limerick>, I was sure you were taking the piss but it's true-

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/uber-to-create-300-jobs-in-limerick-with-new-customer-support-centre-31408321.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Exactly what the city centre needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Huge boost.
    Hope any non local staff can find decent accommodation, it has been a difficulty for the company I work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Great that the chose a city centre location and not just a shed in one of the industrial estates like so many others...great news for the business' around there aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

What I heard from "someone in the know" was that Starbucks have taken a retail unit, and 1 other retail unit to go in there also. The rest will be taken by Uber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

There is planning for a dentist next to Bella Italia. Can't not see Starbucks opening now tbh. Great boost to every business around there the car park owner must be over the moon.

vkid wrote: »
    What I heard from "someone in the know" was that Starbucks have taken a retail unit, and 1 other retail unit to go in there also. The rest will be taken by Uber.

If you have uber staff plus the footfall from Starbucks it could really boost all the businesses in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

That's absolutely great for the city especially considering they are moving to the city and not an industrial estate. Also great as they will expand Ubee to Limerick them hopefully. Now all we need is that Starbucks. A Nandos would be great too which I see coming soon considering they are in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great news indeed.....you could say i'm uber excited :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Very refreshing to see a company like this looking beyond Dublin and also encouraging for any unemployed hipsters in the Mid-West

Advertisement