Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thomas Street Catherine Street area really seems to be the cafe mecca for Limerick. It really comes alive on a warm day with everyone dining al fresco.

I know some would argue there may be too many outlets of a similar service in such a small area but if it creates a cluster/destination effect, I think it's a positive benefit to the city. It ensures everyone ups their game too to keep up with their neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

phog wrote: »
    I wonder if it's the old Munster Rugby Store on O'Connell St.

That's what I thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

phill106 wrote: »
    aubars=(au)bars=gold bars?

it has been argued that this may be way over the head of the typical clientele.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

it has been argued that this may be way over the head of the typical clientele.

I've asked peopled down through the years and hardly anyone gets it. I like to think it's poking fun at the type of pretentious gob****es who used go there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I wonder if it's the old Munster Rugby Store on O'Connell St.
    tommy249 wrote: »
    Coqbull restaurnat in Cork have posted pictures on their facebook and twitter of a fit out of their new restaurant in Limerick - any idea where? Looks like a building that hasn't been used in a long time

https://twitter.com/Coqbull_Cork
    That's what I thought.

Looking at the photos again, I doubt the O'Connell St building is that deep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Looking at the photos again, I doubt the O'Connell St building is that deep.

It's Aubars.

Limerick City ‏@limerickcitybiz 3h3 hours ago Limerick, Ireland To add to exciting news for Thomas St it's great to hear that popular new food concept @Coqbull_Cork will open soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

ongarboy wrote: »
    Thomas Street Catherine Street area really seems to be the cafe mecca for Limerick. It really comes alive on a warm day with everyone dining al fresco.

I know some would argue there may be too many outlets of a similar service in such a small area but if it creates a cluster/destination effect, I think it's a positive benefit to the city. It ensures everyone ups their game too to keep up with their neighbours!

Reminds me of this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IujLD7nSf8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I don't know, if it has been posted already but there is a new clothes shop open on Wickham Street(where the black spot used to be). It is called Victoria H.

I had a quick nose around, they had some decent handbags and their clothing sizes go from 8 to 20(some items went to 24) and their prices seem reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Starbucks opening in Train Station .. Thomas st dunno where it came from?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Starbucks opening in Train Station .. Thomas st dunno where it came from?...
    Maybe my brain is slow after the weekend, but I'm a little confused by your post.
    I would be stunned if Limericks first/only official Starbucks was going to be in Colbert station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Maybe my brain is slow after the weekend, but I'm a little confused by your post.
    I would be stunned if Limericks first/only official Starbucks was going to be in Colbert station.

Yup, not a joke.
    Starbucks first and only Limerick store is opening in train station

Can someone say where the Thomas st rumour came from..
    Station is where first one is going anyway!

I was told the the crowd hired to fit out the Thomas St. building were known for restaurant/coffee shop fit outs. There could still something be going in there.

I was told the the crowd hired to fit out the Thomas St. building were known for restaurant/coffee shop fit outs. There could still something be going in there.
    Well it's not Starbucks.
    And it can't be Nandos - hear they are opening out where Wickes used to be. ;)

Well it's not Starbucks.

Had interview this morning, going to train station, hadn't even heard the Thomas st rumour...

OK, that explains it - was wondering how somehow with the definite info that it was in the train station would be unaware of all the talk of Thomas Street.
    Best of luck.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Had interview this morning, going to train station, hadn't even heard the Thomas st rumour...

That beautiful blended perfume of burnt coffee, jayes fluid and stale piss, Limerick's very own Termini.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is it going to be a standalone Starbucks outlet?

Or just a lame kiosk "proudly serving Starbucks coffee" ?? :confused:

Well it's not Starbucks.

That would be a bizarre location. There's nothing else there to draw anyone in and it's way too big for a restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The canteen in Mary I has been serving Starbucks coffee for a few years now as far as I know.
    Gordon Kearney has confirmed in today's Chronicle that the Starbucks fitout in Thomas Street starts later this week.

That would be a bizarre location. There's nothing else there to draw anyone in and it's way too big for a restaurant.

Very unlikely, and would be difficult to get planning.

Would it be more or less likely a success than Colbert Station for Starbucks?

Honestly, I didn't think that post even needed a winky smiley!:o

Would it be more or less likely a success than Colbert Station for Starbucks?

Honestly, I didn't think that post even needed a winky smiley!:o

Woosh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭sleepyman

ongarboy wrote: »

I agree-I think it looks really well.It's such a shame that the same paving wasn't used for the William St upgrade.It really lets the city down & still looks very run down.I think the money for the proposed pedestrian bridge could be better spent on doing William St properly & making a start on the paths around O'Connell St also.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

So Starbucks is opening on Thomas Street under uber?? I'm so confused right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bored_lad wrote: »
    So Starbucks is opening on Thomas Street under uber?? I'm so confused right now?

Yes, that is what most of us understand.

zulutango wrote: »
    Yes, that is what most of us understand.

But the Starbucks jobs advertised for last week are for an outlet in the station.
    Same starbucks as in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bored_lad wrote: »

Yes, Uber will be uber Starbucks

:pac: A very lame joke for German speakers out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

I'll meet yiz in Unter.

Consider yourself out-lamed.

Advertisement