Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

zulutango wrote: »
    It's amazing how hooked on coffee people are that the city can support a few Starbucks outlets and all the other cafés.

aye, crazy to think of a load of business's cropping up to take advantge of people enjoying a beverage. never seen the like of it before

kilkenny-0010.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mr.H wrote: »
    Someone actually going for a job there was told by the person interviewing them that the store would be in Colbert. That is surely closer to Starbucks saying it than a guy trying to rent more units and a paper that has got things wrong a lot in the past........................

So the guy renting out the building says that it's happening and you don't believe him because it's the Leader reporting it? You need to get over your mistrust of the Leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ongarboy wrote: »
    If the Thomas Street location is being confirmed by the Leader through directly naming and quoting the real estate agents handling the Starbucks tenancy, than why should the validity of that be questioned?

No reason why more outlets won't follow suit including Colbert if Starbucks deems such a location profitable. Cork already has Opera Lane, Princes St and 2 out in Mahon opening in quick succession so no reason why Limerick can't absorb more than one either. I'm sure the Crescent is also on their hit list although Butlers did get in there before them with a lovely new cafe.

UK chain Caffe Nero also has started expanding in Dublin so perhaps a Limerick location is next...!

yesterday, at Interview, the people who opened opera lane said interview was for a Starbucks to open in the train station.. 100% train station was said..

Maybe they are opening Thomas st, but train station cafe is where the recently advertised jobs are for.. so I'd imagine that'll be first.. unless I'm being trolled at an interview..

After that with regards to where in station, I've no idea, will have more of an idea after weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

So the guy renting out the building says that it's happening and you don't believe him because it's the Leader reporting it? You need to get over your mistrust of the Leader.

No not that I mistrust the Leader. I am saying The Leader has been wrong in the past

My distrust would be of the guy renting it the building...................

"why not rent out one of our retail units we have the office for Uber opening upstairs."

or

"why not rent out one of our retail units we have the office for Uber opening upstairs and a brand new Starbucks opening downstairs."

Its very easy to turn around later and say the deal fell through.

Didnt The Leader also claim at one point that Marks and Spencers where to open in the Crescent only for the Crescent to say it would never happen. They also claimed Tesco Express was opening on Thomas street.

Now I am not saying Starbucks wont open on Thomas street. I hope it does as its way easier for me and presumably most people to get to, during lunch hours. That been said if Colbert decided to offer free parking for customers it would become more ideal

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yesterday, at Interview, the people who opened opera lane said interview was for a Starbucks to open in the train station.. 100% train station was said..

Maybe they are opening Thomas st, but train station cafe is where the recently advertised jobs are for.. so I'd imagine that'll be first.. unless I'm being trolled at an interview..

After that with regards to where in station, I've no idea, will have more of an idea after weekend!

That would be so funny :D sorry. Fingers crossed buddy. Any idea how you got on?

The cafe in the station was leased in the last couple of weeks so that will likely be your place of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

How anyone could doubt such a bastion of journalism is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That would be so funny :D sorry. Fingers crossed buddy. Any idea how you got on?

The cafe in the station was leased in the last couple of weeks so that will likely be your place of work

If I've been monumentally trolled I apologise to all here :P

Ya, brief walkthrough Saturday in one of the cork stores before training in Limerick so yay!!

If its been leased it makes sense(surely awful news for amt though)..

I'm not saying leader are wrong,maybe Starbucks are in Thomas St, but there immediate plans, at least as far as they were indicating yesterday, is the station!!

Anyone considered maybe its Insomnia Thomas st?..

If I've been monumentally trolled I apologise to all here :P

Ya, brief walkthrough Saturday in one of the cork stores before training in Limerick so yay!!

If its been leased it makes sense(surely awful news for amt though)..

I'm not saying leader are wrong,maybe Starbucks are in Thomas St, but there immediate plans, at least as far as they were indicating yesterday, is the station!!

Anyone considered maybe its Insomnia Thomas st?..

They offered you the job already? brilliant well done

i think the issue is that someone said it was Starbucks in Thomas street. Could be just a second store down the line. Possibly before Christmas I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I just can't imagine Starbucks opening in the station in the condition it is currently in unless they are being given some sort of deal until renovations are done. I also can't imagine people going to the station just for Starbucks yes they will at the start but not for long. Thats the same thing that happened Moody Cow the milkshake place after the novelty wore off they had to change location as they weren't getting the footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

To be honest assuming that information is correct about the station it could only be going to one place and that is the existing cafe. Not much work would need to be done to it. But I would have to assume work would need to start in the next 2 weeks if it is to happen. I've heard that its opening the first week of September with training before that so it only leaves next week and the week after at a push to make alterations.

Does anyone know anybody working in the station? maybe they could shed some light?

When Starbucks took over the small BB's in Mahon Point they were ages at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Platform 5 is closed up at the moment so that's where I think it's going. All the windows are covered up and there's a sign saying "closed for renovations".
    Yes, so it is. And I passed through Colbert at 10:15 p.m. this evening and there were people working away inside. The inside has been completely gutted. Having people work feverishly at that time of night smells like a major operator.

Someone actually going for a job there was told by the person interviewing them that the store would be in Colbert. That is surely closer to Starbucks saying it than a guy trying to rent more units and a paper that has got things wrong a lot in the past........................

Anyway I am the eternal optimist so I am going with the assumption that Starbucks Colbert station will be open for business in September (Info I have gotten from ANOTHER source) in Platform 5 (since it has been up for let) and Starbucks Thomas street will be opening for at the latest Christmas

http://www.daft.ie/commercial/colbert-train-station-limerick-city-limerick/222081/

Let Agreed since June

So, in conclusion, could only be Starbucks. I, for one, welcome our Frappuccino-supplying overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I see someone mentioned Insomnia in one of the posts above. Afaik, the new insomnia store is opening in the Parkway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Not sure if its been mentioned before or not so if so apologies,

a new custom modified bike store is opening out across from Tescos in Coonagh, i think there was a car place there once elm motors I think....rite next to Applegreen petrol station...

A coffee shop and hang out spot for all you bike lovers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

steveon wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned before or not so if so apologies,

a new custom modified bike store is opening out across from Tescos in Coonagh, i think there was a car place there once elm motors I think....rite next to Applegreen petrol station...

A coffee shop and hang out spot for all you bike lovers :-)

Had been wondering what was going on in there! Lots of work happening lately there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Toys'R'Us opening in Parkway (presumably the retail park?) according to today's Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/toys-r-us-will-open-10-stores-to-take-on-smyths-31435422.html

Toys'R'Us opening in Parkway (presumably the retail park?) according to today's Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/toys-r-us-will-open-10-stores-to-take-on-smyths-31435422.html

Seems to be a bit of buoyancy in the Limerick market again. Would be better to see them in the city centre but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Article says 'Centre' which I would take as meaning 'Shopping Centre'. Don't think there's an empty unit big enough though. Surely they'd want a unit that fronts onto the car park?

Would imagine it's the empty Reid Furniture unit in the Retail Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Any mentions of job adverts yet, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

jaxxx wrote: »
    Any mentions of job adverts yet, no?

As far as I know toys r us are taking over the former furniture shop beside tx maxx in that retail park finally some decent competition.to smyths

steveon wrote: »
    As far as I know toys r us are taking over the former furniture shop beside tx maxx in that retail park finally some decent competition.to smyths

I've been in a few in the UK and compared to Smyths, they're pretty poor. That's not saying much for Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Another pizza place opening down in the market next to top pizza where the butchers was. Not sure what kind of pizza place but you now have the library bar and 4 pizza places side by side and an Indian.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Another pizza place opening down in the market next to top pizza where the butchers was. Not sure what kind of pizza place but you now have the library bar and 4 pizza places side by side and an Indian.

The coffee quarter, hammock district and now the pizza quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Not sure if posted already but The Art and Hobby Shop have reopened on Cruises Street which now means the street has 100% occupancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure if posted already but The Art and Hobby Shop have reopened on Cruises Street which now means the street has 100% occupancy!

It's little benchmarks like this that demonstrate the economy is moving in the right direction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Don't forget the fashion Quarter at the bottom of Roches Street!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hank Scorpio shops there!

Red Light District (Henry St, Mount Kenneth, Pery Sq, O'Curry St, Catherine Street).

A buddy of mine lived on Mungret Street many years ago and at the time there were at least 3 sex shops and a number of Adult Entertainment Enterprises within 2 minutes walk of him.
    So much for catholic, repressed Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://www.healthcare21.eu/ seem to be opening in Annacotty Business Park. They have been fitting out a very large warehouse for the last few weeks.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Tefral

h3000 wrote: »
    http://www.healthcare21.eu/ seem to be opening in Annacotty Business Park. They have been fitting out a very large warehouse for the last few weeks.

We've been looking after that here in our office in Limerick. Cant say much but expect to see more of this kinda thing over the next 6 months in other industrial parks around Limerick. Worth keeping an eye on what Shannon Properties are up to also on e-tenders. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

h3000 wrote: »

Any idea of potential new jobs?

Advertisement