Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any idea of potential new jobs?

I don't know if they have hired already or not. There are a few of their trucks going in and out alright. It's very early days though, there are still builders there now. It's a very big facility so I'd imagine it would take a good few to staff.

I suppose the best bet would be to give them a call.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Tefral

Easons are currently sniffing around the Cresent Shopping Centre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

cronin_j wrote: »

I assumed that there was some barring order against them opening in there all along due to some agreement with the bookshop and newsagents. If not they've been absolutely stupid not to have been in there all along, the place would be an absolute goldmine.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

A big Easons with a school book section and kids section, like one in the Parkway, would make a mint...no real big units available at the moment though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

How do you know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭adaminho

CONSI wrote: »
    A big Easons with a school book section and kids section, like one in the Parkway, would make a mint...no real big units available at the moment though...

Promod closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It's Eason these days lads, Eason singular. According to their radio ads anyway.
    Their website is still Easons of course, and most people will just keep calling them Easons.

I assumed that there was some barring order against them opening in there all along due to some agreement with the bookshop and newsagents. If not they've been absolutely stupid not to have been in there all along, the place would be an absolute goldmine.

Nope, the truth is they never saw the Crescent taking off like it did.
    How do you know this?

;)

^illuminati

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Isn't Eason a franchise these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It's Eason these days lads, Eason singular. According to their radio ads anyway.
    Their website is still Easons of course, and most people will just keep calling them Easons.

I worked for them briefly about 12 years ago and they were called Eason back then also :D

I dont know if they where ever really called "Easons". I think its like they way some people say "Tescos" and it just caught on really well to the point that they bought the domain............................

bazz26 wrote: »
    Isn't Eason a franchise these days?

Some are. The one in the Parkway for instance is, the one in O'Connell st is part of the main Eason company.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Some are. The one in the Parkway for instance is, the one in O'Connell st is part of the Eason company.

Which is disappointing as the made no effort to decorate the outside of their shop for Xmas. It stood out for the wrong reason standing between the well lit jewellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Starbucks.. in the station..
    But yano I'm still making it up. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bennyl10 wrote: »

Photoshop! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Actually nobody claimed you were making it up. It was the one on Thomas St that was questioned seeing as everyone believed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

No body claimed you were making it up we all just thought it was a strange location and that it was also strange given all the rumors had been for Thomas Street.

I am still surpirsed they chose it as their first location in the city and hope a second location will open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

When do you start work, bennyl?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

When do you start work, bennyl?

Training this week, opening In 3 weeks is plan afaik.

There was meant to be a smiley in that last post Sorry xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Best of luck in your new job! It does seem a slightly peripheral location but i guess the fact it's a joint bus and train station means it does get a constant flow of passengers. I'd say AMT Coffee which has a kiosk there will not be pleased at the new competition!

Separately, Paddy Powers is taking Ladbrokes old shop next to South's pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

ongarboy wrote: »
    Best of luck in your new job! It does seem a slightly peripheral location but i guess the fact it's a joint bus and train station means it does get a constant flow of passengers. I'd say AMT Coffee which has a kiosk there will not be pleased at the new competition!

Separately, Paddy Powers is taking Ladbrokes old shop next to South's pub.

I think that AMT kiosk will be fine - I for one will continue to use it. It's a nice, simple operation, and I often get a quick espresso there on the way to a train or bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

More information concerning both Starbucks outlets in the city...I wonder if Boards.ie was the "source"!!:)

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/limerick-city-to-get-a-double-helping-of-starbucks-1-6900776

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I think that AMT kiosk will be fine - I for one will continue to use it. It's a nice, simple operation, and I often get a quick espresso there on the way to a train or bus.
    The compete with Starbucks in stations all over the British Isles so I expect Limerick will be no different.

They should give free espresso to the Dublin train driver... and the guy with the red flag that has to walk in front of the train as far as Limerick Junction...

Louche Lad wrote: »
    The compete with Starbucks in stations all over the British Isles so I expect Limerick will be no different.

I have zero love for Starbucks and like the Costa on Cruises St it is unlikely that I will ever darken it's door but you're having a laugh if you think that this isn't terrible news for that little coffee stall which serves very average coffee, they are finished IMO. Starbucks is a magnet for the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I have zero love for Starbucks and like the Costa on Cruises St it is unlikely that I will ever darken it's door but you're having a laugh if you think that this isn't terrible news for that little coffee stall which serves very average coffee, they are finished IMO. Starbucks is a magnet for the masses.

I'm sorry I think your wrong. If you look at the UK AMT are already competing with Starbucks and doing just fine. Also a lot of people going on the train form my experience and time I've used it are elderly people with free travel passes who are going on day trips. This is not Starbucks target audience as far as I know and I would think most of them would stay using AMT they don't want frappachinos etc that Starbucks are mostly famous for.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I'm sorry I think your wrong. If you look at the UK AMT are already competing with Starbucks and doing just fine. Also a lot of people going on the train form my experience and time I've used it are elderly people with free travel passes who are going on day trips. This is not Starbucks target audience as far as I know and I would think most of them would stay using AMT they don't want frappachinos etc that Starbucks are mostly famous for.

Time will tell I suppose, to me it seems quite obvious but I'm not speaking from any level of expertise in the matter.
    I don't think the elderly people you describe are the target audience for any coffee shop, I'd imagine they are more likely to pick up a cup of tea from the onboard trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

any sign of wetherspoons coming to lk ? scotts might be good option .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

goochy wrote: »

Clohessys would have to be obvious option for them.

Advertisement