Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holding the door for people

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Like your sig little lady?

I was going into a builders yard today with my daughter. She automatically held the door open for a burly builder entering. I high-fived myself at her manners, didn't cross my mind whether it was a male or female.

What about my sig?? (It's not really mine, it's garfields)
    How'd you know I'm little?
    Kudos to your kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

I have a very fair system.

Very good looking girl
    - hold the door open though shes a good 30ft away.
    Complete random stranger within 8ft - i'l push the door open & release with the intent that the person will catch it etc. Im not holding the door open till they get to the door, that looks dumb.
    Complete random stranger who is within 4ft - i will hold the door open.
    Ugly bird - does not compute. ERROR standby..
    Fatty - does not compute. ERROR standby.. Open both doors and GTF out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I thought you WERE a girl. Must be the name.

Well i suppose a percentage of me is. I have hairy man boobs. There so soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I hold the door for people. Most times I get a smile and a 'thanks'. Doesn't kill me when I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just hold it open.

Looking for a reward demeans the whole, gentlemanly, point of it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    When I was in America and you held the door for someone they would almost want to shake your hand

Have found that in London also, well not so much a shake your hand, but always a smile and a thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

I held a door open recently for a guy about 20ft away. Didn't realise he was limping and then he started hopping on his good leg to get to the door quicker. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

not a door but next time someone does not say thanks try this :p

a5zui.gif

Advertisement