Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want a free cat?

• 17-11-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

A cat wondered into my house about 2 weeks ago and I tihnk he decided to settle here, only problem is that I cant keep him. So is anyone looking for a cat?

Nice and friendly cat, definitly used to people, no idea how old but young enough

14112010139.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That is one evil looking cat man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I don't think you can really own a cat the same way you can own a dog. They have no loyalty, and can fend for themselves. Just stop feeding it and it will wander off somewhere else. Its not being cruel, its just the way cats are.

Churchill had a great quote that I'll paraphrase:

"I like pigs......Cats look down on you, Dogs look up to you but pigs think of us as equals"

it really is true though. My cat would be all over you but if you shout at it or something you won't see her for the rest of the day till it's time for food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Jack: "Greg, how come you don't like cats?"
    Greg: "I don't not like cats I just, I just prefer dogs. I mean I'm just more of a dog kind of, you know - come home, they're wagging their little tails, happy to see you."
    Jack: "So you need that assurance do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?"
    Greg: "I..."
    Jack: "You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way dogs do."
    Greg: "...Huh."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

dayshah wrote: »
    I don't think you can really own a cat the same way you can own a dog. They have no loyalty, and can fend for themselves. Just stop feeding it and it will wander off somewhere else. Its not being cruel, its just the way cats are.

I own cats. Most of them rescued from abusers. They are very loyal animals.
    My mother once told me “ you can judge a person by the way they treat animals”. What does this say about you dayshah. Hope you treat people a little better than your attitude towards animals.

• Advertisement

My mother once told me “ you can judge a person by the way they treat animals”. What does this say about you dayshah. Hope you treat people a little better than your attitude towards animals.

A bit harsh no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

we had cats growing up..at one stage we had 4..as soon as someone down the back behind us fed them we didnt see them for dust..whoever fed them they stayed with

and my father who's a great animal lover has always told me that cats are very disloyal..outdoor cats stay with whoever feeds them and thats that, but I don't know anything about indoor cats..our cats were never indoor animals, they would roam the backs

does this make me a terrible person as well?just because someone makes a comment on here as innocent as the one that was made, it gives you no insight into that persons character whatsoever..we're not talking about abusing cats here for gods sake..we're saying he's wandered away from his own home, got fed at the OP home and has decided to stay there as thats where he is being fed (are you noticing the pattern at all?)..don't feed him and he'll move on was the jist of it which is fine..cats are wild animals..the cat will be fine

don't fall off your high horse there it's a long way down:rolleyes:

The cats aren't loyal to you, they are loyal to their food. Its their nature.

I'm not cruel to animals. I don't treat people like dogs and I don't treat dogs like people.

Both species are happy with how I treat them (though only one expresses it by chewing my runners).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

That cat looks nice. But I couldn't eat* a whole one. :D

*I've would never eat a cat for all you cat lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

That cat looks nice. But I couldn't eat* a whole one. :D

*I've would never eat a cat for all you cat lovers.

ooooh careful now..talk like that will have you strung up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Jesus! Boards.ie really lives up to its name here! :P

Seriously anyone want this cat? I cant keep him because I already have a cat and shes going mental with this fella around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

A cat wondered into my house about 2 weeks ago and I tihnk he decided to settle here, only problem is that I cant keep him. So is anyone looking for a cat?

Nice and friendly cat, definitly used to people, no idea how old but young enough

14112010139.jpg

Ah he's nice.

I will swap you 90 cans of catfood for the cat. Either that or a catflap in need of repair. Let me know either way...

Throw in a Big Mac and we call it even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

He looks well kept.....would be purrrfect if you could find his parents:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Can ''ANYONE'' tell me why my last post was deleted??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

No cause we can't see it!!!!!!!

Tell us what it siad an we'll tell ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

jb, its highly unlikely that that cat is a stray, he's well fed and clean, clear eyes and ears, no obvious marks from fighting for food/territory. have you asked around your neighbours? i wouldnt be too quick to give him away till i knew for sure.

(a neighbour of mine thought he had a lovely little cat called felix who 'strayed' into him and was welcomed into the busom of the family. months later he discovered it was mine!!!)

Ah yeah i asked around, oh he was somones cat, no question.

think he might have been dumped

Because you touch yourself at night(end family guy joke)

none of your posts have been deleted in fact no posts have been deleted on this thread. We can see as mods when that happens. Are you sure it posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Cat still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I've two terriers that would love that pussy.catm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Straycat wrote: »
    jb, its highly unlikely that that cat is a stray, he's well fed and clean, clear eyes and ears, no obvious marks from fighting for food/territory. have you asked around your neighbours? i wouldnt be too quick to give him away till i knew for sure.

(a neighbour of mine thought he had a lovely little cat called felix who 'strayed' into him and was welcomed into the busom of the family. months later he discovered it was mine!!!)
    Are you the lost cat?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

ziedth wrote: »
    Because you touch yourself at night(end family guy joke)

none of your posts have been deleted in fact no posts have been deleted on this thread. We can see as mods when that happens. Are you sure it posted?

Apologies Z'

The maturity of this forum is just amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There's a lost and found section on here, you could have a look (in the pets section, if you haven't done so already). And since you've a pic already, you might want to fire it on Pets.ie too. Pity mine is such an old territorial fella, I would have loved to take that stray.

My cat runs out every evening to greet me at the car btw, when I come back home, and he never strayed, ever. That's because he's neuteured and nurtured, not all about the feeding.

I find with cats, you get what you give. If you treat them like a pet, indoors, nice food, and plenty of affection and attention, they behave like a pet. Mine is as affectionate and loyal as a dog, with a cat's character :).
    If you just have them outside and feed them scraps once in while, no wonder they remain a bit wild. No harm in that mind you, but you can't expect them to behave differently under those circumstances, actually that would be quite silly and un-opportunistic of them.

Apologies Z'

No need Buddy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

is kotek interested or just wondering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That kitty hasn't been a stray for long, he's in too good condition. I agree with Dayshah, stop feeding him and he will wander off either home or find somewhere else to adopt.

My two kitties are loyal... well they are loyal to being fed and have nice warm places to sleep and being allowed to stay in or go out as they wish. They do affectionate if they feel like it, or any of the above entitlements has slipped a bit, otherwise they sleep.

I was thinking about how to judge people by how they treat cats.

Surely anyone will a fluffy cat and swivel chair is diabolically evil?

• Advertisement
Advertisement