Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Monitor Format

Options
  • 17-11-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

I would like to be able to flip my 21" LCD monitor 180 degrees so as to have it in Portrait format. I understand the graphics card side of things but does anyone know where I can buy a stand that would allow me to do this.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Firstly it is 90 degrees you are looking at turning it. Secondly does your monitor have a VESA compatible mount on the back? I would imagine if it has one of those you should be able to get a stand for it easily enough.

Im sure there are much cheaper versions around the place but something like this

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/16_MONITOR/02_MOUNT/productdetails/20002308/NewStar_FPMA_D300_Stand_for_flat_panel_grey_/FPMA_D300/default.aspx

You could try elara.ie, dabs.ie and pixmania.ie for something a bit more basic and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Firstly it is 90 degrees you are looking at turning it. Secondly does your monitor have a VESA compatible mount on the back? I would imagine if it has one of those you should be able to get a stand for it easily enough.

Im sure there are much cheaper versions around the place but something like this

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/16_MONITOR/02_MOUNT/productdetails/20002308/NewStar_FPMA_D300_Stand_for_flat_panel_grey_/FPMA_D300/default.aspx

You could try elara.ie, dabs.ie and pixmania.ie for something a bit more basic and cheaper.

Thanks alot Lu Tze. What am I thinking... course it 90 degress! My monitor is Vesa compatible. I had checked pixmania and dabs but I'll look again. I stopped using Komplett a while back and didn't even think of it to be honest so thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

alianos wrote: »
    Thanks alot Lu Tze. What am I thinking... course it 90 degress! My monitor is Vesa compatible. I had checked pixmania and dabs but I'll look again. I stopped using Komplett a while back and didn't even think of it to be honest so thanks for the tip.

I wouldnt recommend them unless you can collect from pick up point and pay there.

Got burned a while back, took a couple of months to get a refund from komplett. Had a quick look on pix and couldnt find anything really!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Try Elara and Dabs - they often have the more "office-y" items lurking somewhere... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

Will do, thanks guys for the tips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement