Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage across D15?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the cause of the power outage that affected a large part of D15 last night? I know at least Roselawn & some parts of Ballycoolin where affected.

Assuming it was due to the high winds downing a power line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

no idea, I did notice my PC had rebooted and thought it may have been a windows update. But I did hear of outages up in heartstown. Elecrtic alarm clocks are a gamble these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I was wondering about this, assumed it was due to high winds too. I live in Hartstown and we had a power outage around 3am (approx) until 5.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

same here, thought the bathroom light bulb blew ( which was only put in the other day) then hey pesto it's back on again...
    Didn't realize it was out for so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

None up my way thank god, trying to entertain a two year old at 4.30am would have been a nightmare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

None up my way thank god, trying to entertain a two year old at 4.30am would have been a nightmare.

You'd wake your child at 4:30 am 'cos there's a power cut?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I don't know if we had one, I was in bed asleep! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I was in a taxi last night heading home through blakestown around 3:20am pitch darkness, only lights on were the street lights in whitestown, through huntstown complete darkness, until hartstown with lights on the main road working, but no local road lights! No electricity when I got home in hartstown there was also a few alarms ringing around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gaspode wrote: »
    You'd wake your child at 4:30 am 'cos there's a power cut?? :eek:

Pfft, I value my sleep too much for that, nope, she was awake at that time cos she's a teething monster at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

38KV line came down between Finglas and Blanch due to weather.Parts of Howth and Swords also affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Palmerstown was also out and that the other side of the Liffey.

Only came back on at 7.20am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Pfft, I value my sleep too much for that, nope, she was awake at that time cos she's a teething monster at the moment.

Maybe she was chewing on a power line? :D
    Dont miss those nights I have to say!

No power cuts this end of D15, which is unusual as it happens here regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I live near Huntstown, power went out about 3 ish, I use an electric alarm, just happened to wake up about four, noticed the power was off and set my phone alarm. Wasn't a nice morning, shower with literally no water pressure, no cup of tea, and I even had to shave in the dark (well used foam instead of the usual oil and used the light from my phone screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

might have been the IMF getting here early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Power was gone from parts of Raheny/Kilbarrack on the coast last night. Almost nothing in the news about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

True donaghs... they only seemed to mention Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

not yet wrote: »
    might have been the IMF getting here early

:D lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Same here, one woke with teeth, about 2am, which woke another one, who is scared of the dark, so wasn't that impressed with the lights being out. Another sleepless night. Sigh.

Power came back about 5am or so.

Advertisement