Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how bout this bailout huh.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Interesting question: will they cut politicians wages and expenses?
    Wot - only after a few weeks of actually quietly giving themselves a raise!
    Some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Biggins wrote: »
    Wot - only after a few weeks of actually quietly giving themselves a raise!
    Some hope!

This is actually the hope: they won't be in charge of giving themselves ANYTHING.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Morlar wrote: »
    Of course they need to but how does -500 politicians' wages compare to +100,000 public sector employee wages, pension and benefits bill ? Look at our university staff on 100+K salaries. Not including top ups.

I think they will slash the public sector, reduce numbers, benefits, salaries, pensions, increase retirement age, increase taxes, introduce new taxes, slash quangoes and all govt/green policies that cost money.

I think it will be an across the boards cull of anything that costs money. The concern I have is that if all of that still is not enough and they use this as an opportunity to please the german and french public who want our corporation tax rate increased. This could become a perfect opportunity for the eu to achieve this.

In countries like hungary the imf halfed the number of members of parliment so thats a good outcome for here possibly but I would guess they will cut the public sector and the croke park deal and get rid of a lot of subsidies for farmer paticualrly.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

See here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement