Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Dog (minature schnauzer)

• 17-11-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I’m looking to buy a puppy, I have my heart set on a minature schnauzer. I’m not sure where the best place to purchase one. I have checked a few websites like donedeal.ie but prices are so different to one another ranging from €200 to €600. How would I go about buying from a person who I dont know? Ideally I would like a dog whose parents have no previous health issues etc
    Any advice on where to start would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Contact these people, the breed club. They will be able to put you in contact with people who have puppies or have a litter planned soon.

Min. Schnauzer Club of Ireland

Ms. M. Betts
    All enquiries to Mr. Paul Scanlon (087-6689129)(Between 8-9pm only)

Email: min.schnauzerclubireland@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

i have a minuture schnauzer and it was a long wait before i got the right one i was looking for over a year with help from the ikc and a breed club i got in contact with some one who was also selling them on donedeal, but i was very carful about donedeal!
    minuture schnauzers do come with health issues so make sure that the one you get comes with full health check including eye checks in both the parents that you can see! schnauzer offen have probelms with there eyes and if the parents eyes have not been tested do not take them! it is a very important factor!

Min. Schnauzer Club of Ireland
    Ms. M. Betts
    All enquiries to Mr. Paul Scanlon (087-6689129)(Between 8-9pm only)
    Email: min.schnauzerclubireland@gmail.com

they willhelp just be paicent it takes some time to get the right dog, i could of picked the first 5 or 6 i looked at because they were just so cute (as puppys are) but because they didnt meet the requirments i was told to look out for i didnt so just be wary!

happy looking there amazing pets, i love mine to bits!so loyal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

clearly the OP has set their sights on buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

Thanks for the info guys, am getting somewhere now :-)

Advertisement