Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type 1 Diabetes Support Group being set up in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

graflynn wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in being part of the above in Dublin?

A couple of people on the Facebook page "Diabetes in Ireland" are making motions to set one up and I think they would really appreciate some support.

The facebook page is at: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=747796000&ref=name#!/group.php?gid=39741400937

yep, I'd be interested alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Joined. But not really interested in meetings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There used to be meetings when I was a kid. I think almost every county had at least one, they were set up under the diabetes federation, they used to be strong in numbers but I always felt they were unhelpful as invited speakers often made glaring errors during their talks and I was picking them up at the age of 6, and I wasn't even that smart. My parents dragged forced me along :mad: It always turned into a bitching match about hospitals.

Maybe having a general meeting where we could discuss problems and issues, and then an open forum for discussion on areas people who are new to ask questions they forget or are worried to ask their doctors.

For example, the air jab with pens, I've done this out of paranoia since I got it but it was never told to me and I remember someone else on boards saying they'd never done it and it might explain the unexplained hyperglycaemia sometimes.

Explaining the procedures, maybe getting in speakers to open up our viewpoints on different aspects, getting companies to come in and explain why their equipment is better (they may even put up cakesandwiches and tea). There was a metabolic and exercise masterclass in UCD awhile ago that had some great speakers in from Dublin, I'd be interested in attending.

Advertisement